PDA

View Full Version : Get well Tex

SteveO
05-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Okay team talkers, Tex had the knee redone Thursday, so let's post up and send him well wishes.

Look at the bright side, you can still partake in your second favorite activity, drinking. Get well soon.

bradamerry
05-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Great well soon........Thinking of TEX man!!!!

bcampbe7
Get well Tex!
Here's to a speedy recovery! :toast:

jraben8
Get well soon Tex. Do the PT and you'll be in great shape.

PS. The therapists normally aren't bad to look at either.

Ryan
05-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Tex - Whish I could have skied with you last time I was out there. Good luck with your recovery and phys therapy.

LakePirate
05-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Here's to a hot physical therapist :banana:

:friday:

sanjuan23
05-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Cracking open a cold one for your speedy recovery! :friday:

starman205
05-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Tex, hoping and praying for a speedy recovery for you. :)

River Rat
05-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Get well Soon!

Footin
05-26-2006, 04:27 PM
I hope you get back on the water soon.

stevo137
05-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Bombay+vicodin= :)

Speedy recovery TEX!!!

tex
05-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Hey guys/gals,

Thanks for the kind wishes. I got home Friday evening. Things were a lot worse then expected. The mcl was torn loose from the bone, the pcl and acl were torn in half. They had to take 2 grafts from dead dudes and still had to tear into my patella tendon and hamstring to get enough stuff to put me back together. The doctor said that I basically dislocated my knee. On the bright side... he was very proud of the work that he did and said that with his skill, my great cartlidge, and a long hard road of pt...I should be OK. I could not believe the amount of pain!!! I will be bed ridden for 2-3 weeks and then on crutches-no weight for 6-8 weeks...about 9-12 months recovery time. The vicodin is holding me together. The wife has been about perfect! Thanks again for all the well wishes. You guys ROCK!

ski_king
05-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Tex,

Sorry to hear things were worst than expected,
Glad to hear you will be OK with healing, rest an PT.

Just sit back rest and enjoy the summer.

JimN
05-27-2006, 06:33 PM
I bet if you took a bunch of Vicodin and slammed a few beers you could get right out there and ski the set of your life. C'mon! If Brett Favre could play as well as he did when he was in pain, you can ski great. :friday:

Hoosier Bob
05-27-2006, 08:11 PM
I hope all is as well as can be expected. I ruptured an Achilles 3 years ago. Pop and drop! 8p Recovery is right around the corner. Fight your pain and save your vicodin for what it was intended! Mix with beer and have a great time to celebrate your full recovery(Keep filling your scripts though!)! You can speed things up but don't rush them. Doctors do not understand the healing power of TeamTalk and H2O!
Get well Tex cause I need a cook! :toast:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-27-2006, 08:15 PM
HB, what do you mean recovery is right around the corner.....?? I thought you told me that P**** was right around the corner? or do me and TEx have different corners to go around? :confused:

Tex, practice your cooking while recovering! Get well Bro! :toast: Hey, dont fling no burning steaks from your grille out in the yard!!! :D Keep it under control! You will be back to normal soon! (I wish I could say that for Hoosier 8p ) Take care bro!!!!

UMP

Hoosier Bob
05-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Tex already rhymes with ***! I believe he did say the wife had been great! I hope you are smart enough to know that when a Texas man says his wife was great he wasn't talkin' bout the lemonade! You go Tex! I hear it can only help and the pain is tolerable! :toast:

stevo137
05-27-2006, 08:54 PM
TEX, great to hear from you! You'll be back my friend! ;)

05-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Dont be confusing me HB. you cant tell a retard like me one thing, and then change it for some dude from Texas that starts steaks on fire with a BBQ grill. ;)

So help a brutha out and spill the beans my indiana friend, just exactly WHAT is "around the corner?" :mad:

Hey TEX! hope your doing good. sorry me and HB are derailing the he11 out of your Get well thread, but what do you expect from the likes of us :o I mean, We're barely potty trained.

:D

tex
05-27-2006, 09:25 PM
No worries, it's making me laugh!

TMCNo1
05-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Tex, get well soon and if PT and all starts working on your mind. just get an appointment with DrHB or UMPrah and they will get you straightend out in short order.

Hoosier Bob
05-27-2006, 10:49 PM
I hope you really do look like Ron! How about instead of a ramp mishap you tell us you tripped over a fluffer and landed between Miss Lee and Victoria Zdrok! If I was to go that would be the way I would chose! Go Tex! How about you update us on some Texas history while you are recouping? I am sure you have some cool stories. :D No worries, it's making me laugh!

tex
05-27-2006, 11:06 PM
what kind of texas history?

Hoosier Bob
05-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Any kind! Is there any kind of Texas history I would not be interested in? You have chosen the name TEX. You are obligated to inform! Being a Texan makes you different and for that reason I or we need to understand. Can we not say enough about the Alamo? Texas Gold or any urban legends that might exist? Very south and very historic. I just don't want my kids to think everything I know about Texas I learned from Pee Wee Herman! :D Any ideas about the grassy you know what?

tex
05-27-2006, 11:41 PM
I will give you the history of the name TEX. When I got my first job skiing pro..i was sent to a small show in Canada. Most of the skiers were Aussies and they had all kinds of questions about Texas.
Everytime we would go some place...they wanted to know how it compared to the same place in Texas. Of course my answer usually was, "well, it's alot alike but just bigger in Texas." I was not trying to be a smart ars but is was just true. They started cracking jokes about everything is bigger and better in Texas. It eventually turned into the nickname. Every time I moved it would start to go away and then someone would show up who knew me from the original gig. I finally just gave up and started introducing myself in the ski industry as Tex. Very few people here in Texas refer to me as Tex. It does bring back great memories!

Hoosier Bob
05-27-2006, 11:50 PM
Tex! I am sure there are a ton of stories there alone! I love Texas! I can remember going as young kid and as an adult later. Dallas mostly but other places as well. I am sure you have some stories of run ins with people or pro's we have heard of. The deal here is Texas history or TEX history! I think you may have the time and I know we have the ears! SHOW ME! :D
I will give you the history of the name TEX. When I got my first job skiing pro..i was sent to a small show in Canada. Most of the skiers were Aussies and they had all kinds of questions about Texas.
Everytime we would go some place...they wanted to know how it compared to the same place in Texas. Of course my answer usually was, "well, it's alot alike but just bigger in Texas." I was not trying to be a smart ars but is was just true. They started cracking jokes about everything is bigger and better in Texas. It eventually turned into the nickname. Every time I moved it would start to go away and then someone would show up who knew me from the original gig. I finally just gave up and started introducing myself in the ski industry as Tex. Very few people here in Texas refer to me as Tex. It does bring back great memories!

05-28-2006, 12:17 AM
I dont know.....I am starting to put 2 and 2 together here.....Tex is recouping from a "surgical procedure". He talks about everything being bigger in Texas, and his avatar is RJ. You guys smell what the UMP is cookin? I think Tex had surgery alright, but not on his achilles tendon..... 8p ;)

as HB said, GO TEX!!!! :D

05-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Tex, get well soon and if PT and all starts working on your mind. just get an appointment with DrHB or UMPrah and they will get you straightend out in short order.
UMPrah....Hmmm.....could be. I am a Doctor though. Sure I am! I am an Engineer, and I used to dabble in Taxidermy as a hobby, so that makes me a Doctor in some 3rd world countries I think.......I dunno, I should check with HB on this. :confused:

tex
05-28-2006, 12:19 AM
I always say, It's not very big, but it is sure friendly!

05-28-2006, 12:22 AM
I always say, It's not very big, but it is sure friendly!
Like my dog was! :uglyhamme Everyone liked that dog. Maybe I need to take lessons..... :confused:

6ballsisall
05-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Man where have I been!! Tex hope the recovery goes smoothly and hope you get a hot Physical therapist!! :banana:

TMCNo1
05-28-2006, 04:39 PM
UMPrah....Hmmm.....could be. I am a Doctor though. Sure I am! I am an Engineer, and I used to dabble in Taxidermy as a hobby, so that makes me a Doctor in some 3rd world countries I think.......I dunno, I should check with HB on this. :confused:

Do you really want me to follow up on that one?
I can only imagine what you have stuffed and hung on the den wall, Dr UMPrah, OB/GYN!

tex
05-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Update, I felt well enough this morning to make the hour ride to my aunt and uncle's lakehouse on Lake Granbury. It let John David get to hang out with his cousin and swim and ride the tube. I just sat at the house and got served cold beers by my cousins. They were great. The wife was great too. It was nice just being at the lake even if I didn't get to get in a boat or get my feet wet. They are a bunch of wally skiers but they love to toss cold ones back and enjoy the lake. I was one happy dude!

Jorski
05-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Hope that your recovery goes well...don't try to go too fast, it will come in time.

All the best,
Jordan

SkiDog
05-29-2006, 11:48 AM

UMP. you are off the chart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Between you and that thar #1, this boards gonna go crazy! By the way TEX, would you like me to send you a few of my Girls Gone Wild videos to kinda tide you over during this recovery time?!?!?! They're not good at collecting dust! :popcorn:

Hoosier Bob
05-29-2006, 11:50 AM
I hope all is well and the Wallys are being kind! Being a Wally I know what it is like when we start drinkin'! I have not seen your post on the scars thread? http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=7834
Get some party pics!

tex
05-29-2006, 01:09 PM
i can always use a good video and i see the doctor tomorow. i will post scar pics sometime tomorow.

Hoosier Bob
05-29-2006, 01:13 PM
While your laid up watch or re-watch Van Wilder, Waiting, Wedding Crashers and Team America. ;) i can always use a good video and i see the doctor tomorow. i will post scar pics sometime tomorow.

TMCNo1
05-29-2006, 02:16 PM
UMP. you are off the chart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Between you and that thar #1, this boards gonna go crazy! By the way TEX, would you like me to send you a few of my Girls Gone Wild videos to kinda tide you over during this recovery time?!?!?! They're not good at collecting dust! :popcorn:

Dah Huh, you of all people with "Girls Gone Wild" videos?
If I remember correctly it's "Girls Gone Wild LIVE" when Skidog's in the house! Worked for me!

05-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Skidog, what chart am I off? I know I am off Tex' medical chart cuz I was NOT the physician of record. :cry: I highly advise the videos for Tex' recovery. Tex, I am going to tell you Tex the same thing I told JR when he had his surgery. I could have did your surgery WAY cheaper man. I dont accept insurance, I only take cash. but I am cheap! LIke I said I am a doctor in some third world countries, and that also applies to 3rd world counties as well. So we could have went to a 3rd world country, and I could have fixed your tendons. I do good work. I have a fox, a squirrel, 2 fish, a grouse, and a deerhead to prove it. We might need to consult Hoosier bob on the pain management part, he seems to be the fashizle da schnizle on that. but we could have set you up well. I would have prescribed PT of solid slalom skiing and sex. Maybe I should have went into medicine...... :rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
05-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Wow, slalom skiing and sex? C'mon UMP you learned to use the single stick and the short stick just last year! :D
Skidog, what chart am I off? I know I am off Tex' medical chart cuz I was NOT the physician of record. :cry: I highly advise the videos for Tex' recovery. Tex, I am going to tell you Tex the same thing I told JR when he had his surgery. I could have did your surgery WAY cheaper man. I dont accept insurance, I only take cash. but I am cheap! LIke I said I am a doctor in some third world countries, and that also applies to 3rd world counties as well. So we could have went to a 3rd world country, and I could have fixed your tendons. I do good work. I have a fox, a squirrel, 2 fish, a grouse, and a deerhead to prove it. We might need to consult Hoosier bob on the pain management part, he seems to be the fashizle da schnizle on that. but we could have set you up well. I would have prescribed PT of solid slalom skiing and sex. Maybe I should have went into medicine...... :rolleyes:

skitilldark
05-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Tex, say it ain't so! At last maybe they're giving you Loritab.
Hope so, anyway.

Get well soon!

SKI*MC
05-29-2006, 11:25 PM
My grandpa just had his knee redone. It sucks. Good luck with everything. I hope your back on the water in no time!

sizzler
05-30-2006, 04:24 AM
from someone whose ACL came away from the bone ........you will mend......bigger and better........good luck

pete

jimmer2880
05-30-2006, 07:54 AM
Good luck. Hope they give you good enough drugs so you don't care... well... about anything. :D

mitch
05-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Tex, Hope the recovery is going well!!

05-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Wow, slalom skiing and sex? C'mon UMP you learned to use the single stick and the short stick just last year! :D
:uglyhamme I am a FAST learner!! :D

tex
05-30-2006, 10:37 AM
Heading off to the doc for the post procedure visit. Let me rehearse, "Yeah doc, the pain is still almost unbearable. More Vikes, sure...they should help some."

stevo137
05-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Heading off to the doc for the post procedure visit. Let me rehearse, "Yeah doc, the pain is still almost unbearable. More Vikes, sure...they should help some."
How bout', Doc, I'm not sure if these vikes are strong enough. ;)

tex
05-30-2006, 10:41 AM
or, these are Vikes, wow I thought they were just advil.

stevo137
05-30-2006, 10:47 AM
or, these are Vikes, wow I thought they were just advil.
LOL!............

tex
05-30-2006, 03:09 PM
I just got back from the doc. He changed the bandages and said things look well. I asked him how long before I was up and around without the crutches and he answered with or with out a limp. Basically 3 months with a limp! F! I am getting ready to post the pics on the scar thread. Don't look if you have a weak tummy or have been drinking since 8am.