05-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Anyone watch this show?

Like/Dislike?

Man, ABC has really gone to great lengths to "thicken" the plot per se

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/

http://www.hansocareers.com/

Ryan
05-26-2006, 12:26 AM
Yep, I'm hooked and I love it. I think I even like to hate how slow it can be. That was quite a season fanale!

Ryan
05-26-2006, 12:44 AM
As much as I like the show, maybe I missed something. Did Hanso Foundation start the Dharm Initiative?

I got lucky and saw the Dharma logo on the Shark tail when I paused the DVR. That's about as deep as I've gone. I know there are forums for the show. But, between family, work, skiing, boat projects and TMC, I don't have time to find what symbolism each novel in the show represents. So if any of you guys know stuff and want to give us a Reader's Digest version that would be great.

kdr
05-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Dharma was started by some college proffessors, but it was funded by Hanso.

In my spare time, I lurk around thefuselage.com and oceanicflight815.com to catch up on what is going on. ABC is really going all out on this show. The've got several different websites out there that seem to be connected to the show and all of them have little easter eggs all over the place.

1984StarsandStripes
05-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Hi, my name is Jeff and I have a problem, I am addicted to Lost.

My favorite show on TV right now is Lost. It has great ability to twist and turn and hook you in! I have a feeling Desmond's ex-gf's dad is the Hanso Foundation. never know though!

Ryan
05-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Dharma was started by some college proffessors, but it was funded by Hanso.

I saw in a scout book the word Dharma for a religious emblem for Hindu cub scouts. I did look that one up.

What is Dharma? Dharma is so called, because it holds; Dharma alone holds the people, etc. The word Dharma is derived from the root Dhr - to hold - and its etymological meaning is that which holds this world, or the people of the world, or the whole creation from the microcosm to the macrocosm.

Dharma is generally defined as righteousness or duty. Dharma is the principle of righteousness. It is the principle of holiness. It is also the principle of unity.

Ryan
05-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Hi, my name is Jeff and I have a problem, I am addicted to Lost.

My favorite show on TV right now is Lost. It has great ability to twist and turn and hook you in! I have a feeling Desmond's ex-gf's dad is the Hanso Foundation. never know though!

Hmm... that would make The Others 'the good guys' if they were in defiance of Hanso I suppose.

86Craft
05-26-2006, 03:54 PM
To really get this show, you have to go diving into the web sites. I mean, a lot of twist just in that last show. This is the one show that I will not miss, and yet every week I seem to go away wondering about something else. So, did Lock and Echo died in the mysterious blast? Echo is my favorite character, with Sawyer being a close #2. Great Show! Blows American Idol crap out of the water.

ski_king
05-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Yep great show, I try to never miss it, but business kept me away from the season finale on Wednesday.

You can now watch the show on abc.com. My connection at home is too slow, so aI am trying to watch the season finale now at work.

Did I just say that out loud?

Ryan
05-26-2006, 06:20 PM
I never should have searched...

I did find a nice summary of use of the numbers. Some are way cool, some not so much.

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4748

wakebroad
06-26-2006, 09:39 AM
This is an old thread but I am sorry to say I really hate that show (Lost). It just drags on and I really don't care for the people (except for the creep Sawyer. He's kinda cute). What about that chubby guy? You mean to tell me he wouldn't start losing weight if he was only eatin' fruit? Come on.
I prefer Survivor and Amazing Race. I guess I like the reality crap. 8p