PDA

View Full Version : Anyone (or your kids) use Heelys?

NSXBill
05-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Way off topic

These tennis shoes with one or two wheels in the heel only. Look at www.heelys.com . Is it really hard to do? Who has the youngest kid who can do it? Are the two wheel versions just for little kids and beginners? Which model to get?

Thanks,

Bill

bcampbe7
05-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Way off topic

These tennis shoes with one or two wheels in the heel only. Look at www.heelys.com . Is it really hard to do? Who has the youngest kid who can do it? Are the two wheel versions just for little kids and beginners? Which model to get?

Thanks,

Bill

My niece and nephew have these. My nephew is 6 and my niece is 12.

The 6 year old busted it a couple times, but for the most part they could use them very well.

NSXBill
05-25-2006, 03:14 PM
My niece and nephew have these. My nephew is 6 and my niece is 12.

The 6 year old busted it a couple times, but for the most part they could use them very well.

I wonder if the 6 year old had the two-wheels-in-each-heel version or one in each heel. Trying to decide for my 6 year old

bcampbe7
05-25-2006, 03:16 PM
I wonder if the 6 year old had the two-wheels-in-each-heel version or one in each heel. Trying to decide for my 6 year old

I think his only had one wheel in the heel.

beef
05-25-2006, 03:19 PM
My 11 yo wears them just about everywhere. (Not to school, of course) Some places have already banned them - stores and the malls. Once they get the hang of it, they can get going pretty well. I think I'd crack the back of my head open. They do come with a tool that you use to pop out the wheels and a plug to put into the hole, so's they can be used as regular shoes.

Workin' 4 Toys
05-25-2006, 09:23 PM
I see these everywhere. It's one of those things I see and ask myself.
WHAT IF....?
The wheels accidentally pop out while going down stairs.....:eek:

88 PS190
05-25-2006, 10:44 PM
then you fall!...

I knew a kid who was great at the things, he'd keep one out and then jump onto it and push w/ the one balancing on the other, got going real fast then he'd hop onto the other

ajgressette
05-26-2006, 04:11 AM
I see these everywhere. It's one of those things I see and ask myself.
WHAT IF....?
The wheels accidentally pop out while going down stairs.....:eek:

LOL :D
Better get a pair of jeans with wheels in the arse! :woohoo: