PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to possum kingdom this monday???

brianaw26
05-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Ill be there along with my buddy in a malibu sunsetter....

Ric
05-25-2006, 02:44 PM
I dont think my boat will be anywhere near a lake this Monday. I let the animals have the highways and the lakes on a long weekend.

michael freeman
05-25-2006, 03:31 PM
I might go out there this weekend if my brother comes down. If you see a yellow X-30 with people attempting to ski and wakeboard, 9/10 it will be us. :steering:

Out of curiosity, which ramp do you use at PK? I need to find one that has a decent dock beside so I can self load and launch.

Also, how crowded is PK on holidays? Is it as bad as lakes inside DFW(Grapevine, Lewisville, etc.)

WakePowell
05-25-2006, 04:02 PM
We went to Possum Kingdom last weekend for the first time. It is a great lake. We launched at the first public ramp located on FM2951. It was a nice ramp with a decent dock that paralleled the ramp. I do not think there was a name for the ramp we used but it did have a small marina store and fuel.

Unfortunately our out of town guests have already made plans to be at Texoma this weekend. I would rather be at PK. Hopefully we will be able to find some decent water.

jraben8
05-25-2006, 04:20 PM
As much as I hate to say it, we'll probably be at Texoma on Sunday with 2-3 other groups of friends. I'll be in the white w/ green SportStar.

At PK I'll use the public ramp on the south side of 2951 around the "D&D Loop" road. But there aren't any facilities there other than a good ramp and dock. It's pretty well protected unless there is a huge south wind. Rollers aren't much of a problem.

I'm so ready to go back out there.

brianaw26
05-25-2006, 11:49 PM
Yea I use the loop road one. There is a store about a mile from the ramp. My guess there will be a ton of people at hells gate just chilling. We will prob tie up there for a while after we wakeboard. Were getting there at sunrise hopefully to get some good water before the lake gets crowded.