PDA

View Full Version : Impellars for 197 Prostar TT with MCX upgraded engine?

excetara2
05-25-2006, 09:49 AM
I need to know where and what Impellars are needed for the 197 Prostar TT with MCX upgraded engine. If anyone can help me with this that would be great.

-Jeff

G-man
05-25-2006, 10:07 AM
it takes the same one everyone else has. skidim.com

excetara2
05-25-2006, 01:04 PM
What is it that everyone else takes? I am asking. I will go check the site. They may answer my question. Thanks.

-Jeff

bigmac
05-25-2006, 01:14 PM
What is it that everyone else takes? I am asking. I will go check the site. They may answer my question. Thanks.

-Jeff

You need the Johnson 812 impeller. If you buy it from SkiDim, they include a nice little packet of silicone lube, which simplifies installation and minimizes impeller damage from that first dry start.

excetara2
05-25-2006, 01:20 PM
http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RP061018 , This is the page where I found on skidim.com. It is an Impellar for Indmar. I am assuming it is the correct one. I just want to confirm before I buy it. Also does it have everything I need included to install. It says includes gasket. Doesn't say silicone lube. That is why I am not sure if it is right. I can't find any other Johnson Impellars. Just a Johnson Gasket. Thanks.

G-man
05-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Sorry I didn't say a Johnson 812, I should have. But if you were to contact anyone at skidim or any mc dealer they could find it in their sleep. Get yourself 2 paint can opening tools and you'll have the Johnson 812 removal special tool. grab the impeller from the back, top and bottom and pull the impeller forward being careful not to hurt the brass impeller housing. Put silicone grease not spray on the shaft and next spring it will come out even easier.

Ric
05-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks, fellas, I just realized I don't have a good spare in my boat so I too, placed an order!

bigmac
05-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Sorry I didn't say a Johnson 812, I should have. But if you were to contact anyone at skidim or any mc dealer they could find it in their sleep. Get yourself 2 paint can opening tools and you'll have the Johnson 812 removal special tool. grab the impeller from the back, top and bottom and pull the impeller forward being careful not to hurt the brass impeller housing. Put silicone grease not spray on the shaft and next spring it will come out even easier.

As a side note, that silicone grease can be hard to find. I finally found non-toxic food grade silicone grease - that stuff is great and makes rubber impellers very happy.

G-man
05-25-2006, 03:14 PM
As a side note, that silicone grease can be hard to find. I finally found non-toxic food grade silicone grease - that stuff is great and makes rubber impellers very happy.

I have always found it at the local SCUBA shop. There only about 6 in town and we're in Texas. I'm sure it is used for other things but that is where I find it.

bigmac
05-25-2006, 04:32 PM
I have always found it at the local SCUBA shop. There only about 6 in town and we're in Texas. I'm sure it is used for other things but that is where I find it.Yes, it's a common O-ring lubricant. Also often found at paintball stores.

Footin
05-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Sli-Glide works good too...you can get it at most autoparts stores.