PDA

View Full Version : wet sounds speakers???

PE4ME
05-24-2006, 11:15 PM
I am wondering if anyone can plug the wet sounds speakers. I have a pair of pro 80's on the way and cant wait to see how they sound. I have heard they are top notch compared to the other high end speakers but... would like to read what other people have found or heard.
thanks
Chad

AZHAWK
05-25-2006, 02:42 AM
PE4ME- haven't heard 'em... my Skylon Rubicon 350's that i just installed last week sound incredible. Very Pleased. -AZHAWK

ntidsl
05-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Got MB Quart in my 197...holy cow!!!

kalanic
05-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Never heard of them either, I'm running JL's & Kickers. Intrested to know how they sound.

rodltg2
05-25-2006, 11:12 AM
I am wondering if anyone can plug the wet sounds speakers. I have a pair of pro 80's on the way and cant wait to see how they sound. I have heard they are top notch compared to the other high end speakers but... would like to read what other people have found or heard.
thanks
Chad

those things fricken rock! my buddy just put 2 of those in his wakeletter and his 2 are louder and cleaner than my four lighntings..

kalanic
05-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Nice specs!

PE4ME
05-25-2006, 02:12 PM
it was between the rubicon 350 and pro 80's, i was assured they are competitive with the rubicons but a 500$ cheaper...who knows.
i dont think you can go wrong with the rubicons...how/where did you get them?

PE4ME
05-25-2006, 03:03 PM
I worked with Tim and he is way over my head with the building of the speakers but from what it sounds like is they did their homework on the water and built the speakers to our environment. It seems to me, most others are using car components and making them work in our application. Specifically the HLCD, the skylon were head and shoulders above others for volume and is some places behind the boat clarity, but when you got it certain areas it was like they were turned off- (wierd but fact) The cleanest speakers worked ok, but not worth the 700$ speaker plus 300$ amp to get ok... in good weather/water conditions.
So I am rolling the dice and hoping this is going to be what it was designed to be... Sweet, Clear and equal/good dispersion
This was not to upset anyone, this was just my take on the last 2 summers of listening and wishing, some set-ups could have been wrong, whatever etc etc. Please dont take offense...just a take.

rodltg2
05-25-2006, 03:16 PM
you will definatley like them, they are bad arse... my buddy has the pro 80's. needless to say, when he;s got them cranked , your not doing any talking anywhere in the boat

AZHAWK
05-25-2006, 04:09 PM
it was between the rubicon 350 and pro 80's, i was assured they are competitive with the rubicons but a 500$ cheaper...who knows.
i dont think you can go wrong with the rubicons...how/where did you get them?

Got 'em at Marine-Products.com online. Talked to Doug and he was very helpful. I was going to get them at wakeside but they still had not filled all of their back orders yet. Marine Products had just got a shipment in so I bought them there. They were the same price at both places.

The pro 80's look good in the picture. I am sure that you will be happy with them. However, I noticed that their rated power handling (RMS) is half that of the Rubicon 350s. I am running two JL 300w RMS amps, one to each speaker. It is so loud that it hurts your ears. Even at volume, they are very clean and musical. No problems what so ever hearing the music at 65-75' behing the boat. No matter what the angle. Like I said before, I am completely satisfied thus far and have no desire for anything else. - AZHAWK

PE4ME
05-26-2006, 01:35 AM
Good to hear Hawk, availability was a slight issue but it ultimately came down to 1100 vs 2000$ and I guess I was sold on either set.
I am from Wisconsin and a dealer in Michigan told me about the wet sounds otherwise it would have been rubicons as he said it was a win/win either way. New products are always subject to scrutiny
RMS...talking with Dave (skylon tech/product engineer) he said the speakers would do fine at 200W but of course more watts=clearer volume.
Looking forward to the install Friday...
Thanks for all the responses-

River Rat
05-26-2006, 03:35 PM
They had a display at the lake last week and man did they sound good!! :banana: We were sitting halfway down the lake and you could hear them clear as a bell :love: They also had a kewl truck! :steering:

River Rat
05-26-2006, 03:39 PM
.................................................. ....

AZHAWK
05-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Nice....they have over a $100,000 in trucks sitting there and they use an Easy-Up and a home-made tower to showcase their products!!! :uglyhamme Makes me want some. :noface:

What they need to do is sell one those trucks, buy an X-Star, strap those puppies to the tower, and let 'em rip. A couple of hoochies wouldn't hurt either. Now that's a display!!!

River Rat- probably what you heard half way down the lake was their JBL Outdoor Loudspeakers that I can see in the picture. :D

Only if we could find a way to strap those to the tower.... :rolleyes:

I do like the truck though....is it for sale?

-AZHAWK