PDA

View Full Version : Dry suits again...

bigmac
05-24-2006, 08:06 PM
I have a buddy that's looking for a dry suit. I started talking up Barefoot Central and the BFI suit that they sell. Nice people, and my recollection is that the price of the suit was excellent compared to other sources last fall.

He pointed out that that BFI suit, which is $399, looks very much like the Mike Seipel suit that Overton's sells for $349.

Same suit? Anybody know? I realize most of the baggies are made by the same few companies, I'm just a little surprised that Overton's is so much cheaper now by comparison to the other places....

http://store.barefootcentral.com/ProductImages/bi/bi_b505.jpg http://overtons.com/graphics/products/medium/15750M.jpg

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Same suit. I got mine from Barefoot central. It was cheaper than overtons if you buy the membership there. I bougth the membership and that made sense because the savings on the suit paid for the membership, and then I got some great deals on the rest of the stuff I needed too. I really liked dealing with barefoot central, very helpful people, and very knowledgeable about their products, they obviously use the products themselves they know so much about htem. The BFI suit is awesome too! great construction. I really like mine :)

Cary K.
05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
It is a Seipel BFI suit. I have had mine for 4-5 years and couldn't be happier. I would buy another one in a heartbeat if I had to.

kwood
05-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Call Wiley Ski in Seattle, They will beat that price!

bigmac
05-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Call Wiley Ski in Seattle, They will beat that price!

I did call Wiley - they'd beat the price, but 3 week delivery min.

Seems to me that I paid $329 for my BFI suit last fall - non-member price.

BuoyChaser
05-25-2006, 12:13 AM
I did call Wiley - they'd beat the price, but 3 week delivery min.

Seems to me that I paid $329 for my BFI suit last fall - non-member price.
i've got two at the house i'll let go for $300 each, will ship tomorrow if interested...one is L and other is S...SM only used once by my wife, seals always lubricated with spray...L used handful, but looks brand new...PM me if interested...

my wife never uses hers and i have a jet pilot full suit i'd rather use for slalom, never fut when it is that cold...

Kell
08-07-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm thinking about getting a dry suit for my wife for skiing and wake boarding. What are the pros/cons of a nylon vs. neo dry suit? Seems like the BFI suit mentioned above is a favorite among some TT members.

MarkP
08-07-2006, 09:16 PM
I got the Bare Ultra Dry Suit last year and think its great. Not sure of the difference between my suit and the BFI other than I found my Bare for about 220.

bigmac
08-07-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm thinking about getting a dry suit for my wife for skiing and wake boarding. What are the pros/cons of a nylon vs. neo dry suit? Seems like the BFI suit mentioned above is a favorite among some TT members.

I like the baggy one for the reason that you can take the boat out wearing your polar fleece, slip into the suit (doesn't matter if you forget to take your cell phone off, ski, get back in the boat and take the suit off without ever having to undress in the boat. In addition, there's more freedom of movement.