PDA

View Full Version : have you ever had one of those days

rodltg2
05-24-2006, 03:48 AM
when you want to throw your ski in the bushes and give up the bouys and pick up tubing...

well it was one of the those nights for me.. first pass went great ... nice and smooth. instead of shortining the rope i decide to to take another one.. well i fall at one ball... oh well..it happens ... get up and drop at the end... miss my deep water start... now im getting a little mad.. get up on my second try .. fall at one ball again... now im getting pist off.. miss my deep water again... what th **** is going on.... i finish off the set just as i started, at my opening pass...
i guess this is what i get for rushing to ski after work after a 2 weeks off due to work and weather...i took a second set which improved but still not happy about the day... :mad:

stevo137
05-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Wow Rod, sorry to hear it, life is tough. :rolleyes:

jkski
05-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Been there and actually had the same thing happen 2 days ago, so I feel your pain. When I'm running bad, I now just get out of the water, so that I don't start forming bad habits, re-group, let someone else go, and then start again. If it's really bad, I wait until the next day to try again.
It's too early in the season for the DEMONS to take over!

Ric
05-24-2006, 09:33 AM
same shidd happened to me yesterday evening! It's getting into my head

MYMC
05-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Been there and actually had the same thing happen 2 days ago, so I feel your pain. When I'm running bad, I now just get out of the water, so that I don't start forming bad habits, re-group, let someone else go, and then start again. If it's really bad, I wait until the next day to try again.
It's too early in the season for the DEMONS to take over!
Great advice! I had a coach once tell me "practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes bad habits. Perfect practice makes perfect, if you’re not doing it right...stop and come back to it again later."

Ric
05-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Great advice! I had a coach once tell me "practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes bad habits. Perfect practice makes perfect, if you’re not doing it right...stop and come back to it again later."
I blew that evening then, because all I did was fight it and give some pretty good out-the-front shows for which my ribs are reminding me this morning!

Ric
05-24-2006, 09:38 AM
when you want to throw your ski in the bushes and give up the bouys and pick up tubing...

well it was one of the those nights for me.. first pass went great ... nice and smooth. instead of shortining the rope i decide to to take another one.. well i fall at one ball... oh well..it happens ... get up and drop at the end... miss my deep water start... now im getting a little mad.. get up on my second try .. fall at one ball again... now im getting pist off.. miss my deep water again... what th **** is going on.... i finish off the set just as i started, at my opening pass...
i guess this is what i get for rushing to ski after work after a 2 weeks off due to work and weather...i took a second set which improved but still not happy about the day... :mad:
can I say this? ,.......... well yes, yes I can because nobody else has said it yet!!! Maybe you need a new boat :woohoo:

sizzler
05-24-2006, 09:42 AM
ouch.........good call ric

jkski
05-24-2006, 09:45 AM
WOW...that one's gonna leave a mark! Nothin' quite like kickin' a guy when he is down!

rodltg2
05-24-2006, 11:20 AM
can I say this? ,.......... well yes, yes I can because nobody else has said it yet!!! Maybe you need a new boat :woohoo:

cant blame the bu on this one, this one goes to nautique...
i did call it quits early on my first set. re-grouped and took a short 2nd set. hopefully shake those demons by tommorow..i'll say one thing , i wont take more than a few days off the rest of this summer..

jkski
05-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Those days off really hurt, especially when you start skiing good. I always make the mistake of trying to come back and start where I left off....HUGE ERROR...it is much better to ease into things, or even take a step backwards to move forward more easily.

Good luck in ridding your ride of the demons!

G-man
05-24-2006, 11:24 AM
The problem was he was behind a good boat and wasn't use to it. LOL

zberger
05-24-2006, 11:37 AM
you think you've got problems?

I can't even get up on 2 ski's yet :eek:

jbfootin
05-24-2006, 12:17 PM
If you think that is bad, you should try golf :D

With any sport, sometimes things are just off (usually something between my ears) and its best to walk away for a little bit and start fresh later.

LakePirate
05-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Does anybody picture Rod back at home with all the videos playing, attached to all of his training aids at once a'la Tin Cup?

jbfootin is right, it's probably between your ears.

Platprostar
05-24-2006, 12:29 PM
All I know is if he was with Skimax there was probably some margaritas involved

rodltg2
05-24-2006, 12:40 PM
The problem was he was behind a good boat and wasn't use to it. LOL
boat was definatley not the issue. it was definalty mental

rodltg2
05-24-2006, 12:41 PM
All I know is if he was with Skimax there was probably some margaritas involved

where did you come from? :D no the drinks cam afterward. you can thank duane for that

kpickett
05-24-2006, 02:24 PM
I had one of those days this weekend. I was getting a great gate and one ball, but I couldn't turn the two ball at all. My skiing was terrible all day. Then I remembered that I had hit a chunk of wood in the morning. That night, I measured my fin, and it had been knocked out of position. I returned it to stock, and the next day, I could turn my offside again. Like I said in a different post, I've never monkeyed with my fin, but returning it to the stock settings helped a lot.

Ric
05-24-2006, 02:32 PM
cant blame the bu on this one, this one goes to nautique...
i did call it quits early on my first set. re-grouped and took a short 2nd set. hopefully shake those demons by tommorow..i'll say one thing , i wont take more than a few days off the rest of this summer..
wow I can blame the bu for not getting you out of the water but a nautique! woah. that is the best boat on the market.. This is definitely your fault! ;)

BrianM
05-24-2006, 02:34 PM

I had one of those nights last night as well. Only made my 22 pass once my first set (6 passes) and crashed out twice my second set. Was so frusturated I pulled off my ski after the second pass and called it a night. :cry:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Rod, I feel your pain man. It just happens. I have NO idea why, but it does. I think its mental more than anything. We arent focusing correctly. trying too hard, not flowing etc....something like that...

I had 2 TERRIBLE days like that last year. day 1, on my seige, I just could NOT get the flow of skiing that day. My buddy went out and TORE IT UP!! and I looked like I should have been wearing a hockey helmet riding the short bus to ski school :o so we just celebrated his great skiing that night, and I struggled along. the very next day: New HO vengeance shows up, cant wait to go ski it taht evening. so we get out there. I cant ski. I looked like a cub bear trying to play banjo with boxing gloves on. I fell like 15 times that evening. I thought it was the ski, I thought it was junk. It was ME. took a few days off to ease sore muscles from all the falling. Went out the weekend and tore it up on the new ski....go figure......it just happens. I really think its a concentration issue. something to do mentally, we just arent connected to our ski that day.... :twocents:

hang in there bud, give it a few days and you will go out and tear that course up next time!!!! :dance: :D

Hoosier Bob
05-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Not that I can totally empathize but today was very much the same. Busted arse to hit the water early and get some glass. Glass was ruined by wind! Found some decent water but our third (YES YOU KNOW HIM!) could not make it. Decided to ask myself, "What would Hoosier do?" and yes, I opened that twelve pack and had a few on the water today. Beats working and I am actually pretty good at it! Came home changed the blower and lived to ski another day (so far)! :woohoo:

Maristar210
05-24-2006, 09:32 PM
I have been with a member of OSHA for the last day and a half doing a surprize investigation in my plant. These can be really ugly as some of you may know. I am at an all time for stress levels the last two days. I would trade this for missing a ball or two, anyday.

There I feel better..... gulp gulp gulp :rolleyes: :mad:

Steve

05-24-2006, 09:34 PM
I have been with a member of OSHA for the last day and a half doing a surprize investigation in my plant. These can be really ugly as some of you may know. I am at an all time for stress levels the last two days. I would trade this for missing a ball or two, anyday.

Steve
Hang in there Mari! It will all be OK! :wavey: You have Hoosier's word on that! 8p

Hoosier Bob
05-24-2006, 09:37 PM
When it all gets a little too serious and there are too many questions and not enough answers seek the bottle my friend. Sometimes I find it and I was not even looking? :confused:
Hang in there Mari! It will all be OK! :wavey: You have Hoosier's word on that! 8p

05-24-2006, 09:49 PM
When it all gets a little too serious and there are too many questions and not enough answers seek the bottle my friend. Sometimes I find it and I was not even looking? :confused:
Better listen to him Flounder, he's pre-med! :D

Maristar210
05-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Better listen to him Flounder, he's pre-med! :D

UMP

That one gets put in the all-time archive. I laughed out loud. Thanks - Steve

Hoosier Bob
05-24-2006, 09:56 PM
I would have to agree on that one. I just wasn't as quick with the props!

05-24-2006, 10:29 PM
UMP

That one gets put in the all-time archive. I laughed out loud. Thanks - Steve
Glad I could help bring a laugh to your day Mari!! :wavey: Hang in ther bud! :D

UMP

canadianskier
05-24-2006, 11:04 PM
having a bad day skiing, just remember this, your worst day on the lake is better than your best day at work.

Ric
05-25-2006, 02:18 AM

Steve
when life gets a little stressful and it seems too much to bear. Just ask yourself: "what would Willie do?"

rodltg2
05-25-2006, 11:15 AM

Steve

osha investigatioksn are never any fun, just had one last year

rodltg2
05-26-2006, 11:42 AM
that it i quit, wednesday evening i saw an 11 y/o girl run 28off@32mph...

jkski
05-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Keep in mind, that probably is all she does.....if we had the luxury of not working and skiing more frequently, we'd be that good to (At least that's what I keep telling myself to make it seem OK)

rodltg2
05-26-2006, 11:52 AM
oh i am sure, lives on the water and dad seemed a little pushy..

jkski
05-26-2006, 11:56 AM
There you go then.....she isn't even in the same class.....just keep repeating that to yourself and never speak of the event again.......OR...... become her agent!