PDA

View Full Version : 1984

ski_king
10-09-2004, 10:45 AM
I found an old 1984 Mastercraft brochure and thought you might find a couple of the illustrations interesting.

Power Slot (1.5:1) vs 1:1

ski_king
10-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Level floatation
Hey, that boat isnt an 84, it looks like an 82 or earlier. I guess they didn't want to sink on every year.

The brochure is a big 11" x 14" 12 page, showing all the models they had back then. ONE

SD190EVO
10-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

NeilM
10-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Cool. You know, we really have to find a way to have these scanned & preserved... TTAdmin?

ski_king
10-09-2004, 10:34 PM
I would guess that Mastercraft has a file somewhere with at least one copy of all the old brochures.
If not, I bet as a group, we have mostof the years somewhere or another. I would guess I have about 1/3 of them between 82 and 04.

Problem is, some of them are bigger than 8.5 x 11 and will not fit on my scanner.

east tx skier
10-10-2004, 12:18 AM
From what I remember TT Admin saying when we were talking about older brochures some time back, the record keeping at MC wasn't so very good back in the day.

tph
10-10-2004, 02:35 AM
I would guess that Mastercraft has a file somewhere with at least one copy of all the old brochures.
If not, I bet as a group, we have mostof the years somewhere or another. I would guess I have about 1/3 of them between 82 and 04.

Problem is, some of them are bigger than 8.5 x 11 and will not fit on my scanner.

How about a library of a MC related brochures, ads,manuals (boat, engine, trailer), news articles, etc. Wouldn't it be great to see the "downloads" area expand backwards to '68 if possible. I think there was a string or suggestion about this on the old board.

With all the changes over the years, I wouldn't be suprised if the company would have a hard time producing this material. But I'll bet, as a group, owners have most, if not all, of it.

Putting it in digital format is the tricky part. As you point out, not everyone has the ability to create the required files. And, I'm not sure if owners would be willing to take the time and money to have it done. Nor would they necessarily feel comfortable loaning their materials to the company ( or someone else) to scan them. Any ideas?

BriEOD
10-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Nice shot of the level flotation.

NeilM
10-10-2004, 10:50 AM
There is 'stitching' software out there that will piece together scans larger than your scanner bed. I just can't remember where I saw it.

We did discuss this a bit on the old thread, but it didn't go anywhere.

I wouldn't mind putting some time into it if I can find that software. I think I have one or two brochures around somewhere..