PDA

View Full Version : Another Dumb Question

stumbledog
05-23-2006, 07:39 PM
1993 190 351 HO

Here is my 3rd stupid question of the week. Why can I not find the PCV valve? I am not sure which carb I have. There is one metal fuel line going form the filter bowl to the carb and one rubber line. Anyway, I dont see a PCV valve????

Hoosier Bob
05-23-2006, 07:42 PM
I think mine is toward the rear of the drivers side valve cover. Hose runs from the back of the carb base plate.

stumbledog
05-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Looking there, all I see is rubber cap on the base plate.

jmyers
05-23-2006, 07:51 PM
1993 190 351 HO

Here is my 3rd stupid question of the week. Why can I not find the PCV valve? I am not sure which carb I have. There is one metal fuel line going form the filter bowl to the carb and one rubber line. Anyway, I dont see a PCV valve????
The pcv valve is on the valve cover, it is connected to the rubber hose that goes from the rear base plate ot the carb over to the valve cover! The metal line is the main fuel line and the other is on the back to the PCV valve, and there is a small rubber hose that is connected to the flame arrestor that goes to the fuel pump for overflow!

stumbledog
05-23-2006, 08:07 PM
I have the line going to the valve cover, but nothin on the flame arrestor (not even a nipple for a hose). The other rubber hose goes back to where the fuel filter element is.

jmyers
05-23-2006, 08:12 PM
I have the line going to the valve cover, but nothin on the flame arrestor (not even a nipple for a hose). The other rubber hose goes back to where the fuel filter element is.
The hose on the flame aresstor is the yellow one, it goes down to the fuel pump so any excess fuel goes back in a circulation to the pump some boats that are not coast guard approved don't have the set up and actually dump into the boat bilge(not safe)! That friggn yellow hose I got was Tygon $40 for 2 feet! :eek: Your engine might be set up a little differnently, does it look the same overall? When I got my boat someone broke the copper fuel line and clamped a section of rubber hose to fix it(which was not coast guard approved either), which I replaced with the correct fuel line! :noface:

stumbledog
05-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Flame arrestor has no hose. Must not be the original setup.

There is hard fuel line, PCV line, and then a rubber line going back to where the fuel filter.

stumbledog
05-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Here is a pic of my set up.

JohnnyB
05-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Is that the tube coming out from below the carb (RH side of the pic) and going back to the valve cover behind the carb in the pic? It should be on the rear 1/4 of the valve cover on the starboard side.

stumbledog
05-23-2006, 10:01 PM
This side shows the "cap" I referred to earlier. Not sure why it is this way??

stumbledog
05-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Is that the tube coming out from below the carb (RH side of the pic) and going back to the valve cover behind the carb in the pic? It should be on the rear 1/4 of the valve cover on the starboard side.

Yes, I figured out where the pcv valve was.

JimN
05-23-2006, 10:07 PM
The PCV valve has a spring in it and the vacuum from the motor opens/closes it. The PCV hose is attached to the base plate fitting of the carb or the intake manifold.