PDA

View Full Version : Hum.. Houston we have a problem..

sanjuan23
05-22-2006, 10:59 PM
This is so funny I almost fell out of my chair in the restaurant this evening. So the wife and I are out for a celebratory dinner, new job for her and all. I inform her that my little boo-boo at the boat ramp is going to require the purchase of a new prop. She looks at me from across the table and says...." I am not really happy about this boat already costing us this much money." I simply smiled kicked back the Sake and said, "Welcome to boat ownership." Just had to share; love her to death but a little niave(sp.) at times. :shocked:

SteveO
05-22-2006, 11:15 PM
SJ

Most of them are from the same mold. My wife refers to the 209 as YOUR boat. You know what boat stands for? Break Out Another Thousand. Welcome to the Club.

wiltok
05-22-2006, 11:34 PM
It's funny - my fiance is the opposite. She is pushing me to get a new boat!

6ballsisall
05-22-2006, 11:38 PM

Marry her quick!!

browsielover
05-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Witlok - the key word you used was "fiance". Just wait a few years...

shepherd
05-23-2006, 12:44 AM
My wife lived with me for a few years before we got married so she knew the deal way in advance... I'm a boat person. But I remember when I bought our first NEW boat (Stingray I/O). She was in England on a business trip. I called her and said I'm thinking about buying a new boat. She said "no you're not" I said "well, I saw this one at..." She said "no you're not". When she got home, the new boat was in the driveway :wavey: Now we have 3 of 'em...

Thanks for the memories sj.

Farmer Ted
05-23-2006, 12:48 AM
Marry her quick!!

get the boat before you marry her, then it's seperate property

or get a good prenup....

Farmer Ted
05-23-2006, 12:49 AM
My wife lived with me for a few years before we got married so she knew the deal way in advance... I'm a boat person. But I remember when I bought our first NEW boat (Stingray I/O). She was in England on a business trip. I called her and said I'm thinking about buying a new boat. She said "no you're not" I said "well, I saw this one at..." She said "no you're not". When she got home, the new boat was in the driveway :wavey: Now we have 3 of 'em...

Thanks for the memories sj.

I'm thinking = I just bought!!!

SteveO
05-23-2006, 10:35 AM

You know what makes a woman loose her sex drive? :banana:

Wedding Cake :mad:

sanjuan23
05-23-2006, 10:53 AM
If it wasnt almost completely true.... it would be funny :(

#47of100TeamMC
05-23-2006, 11:18 AM
I must be the lucky one... I had the MC before the wife... and when we were building our new house and money got a little tight I mentioned we could sell the boat if that's what it came down to... she says, "NO WAY are we selling the boat... You like it WAY too much and so do I!" Needless to say we still have the boat and might hold off another year before adding a deck and paved driveway. :D

River Rat
05-23-2006, 11:19 AM
I damaged my prop on Friday and Sunday we were sitting around watching the tube and out of the blue my wife asked when we would be getting our prop back. When I told her it would be next Friday she suggested we get a spare.........1 week was to long to be boatless :D dam I love that woman!

sizzler
05-23-2006, 11:26 AM
its "our boat" when she talks to her g/friends about it.......and "your boat" when something goes wrong on it...... :confused:

LakePirate
05-23-2006, 11:26 AM
If it wasnt almost completely true.... it would be funny :(

Almost????

:cry:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-23-2006, 11:31 AM
HA, my girlfriend refers to my boat as "your true love" or "your REAL girlfriend" or variations on those :rolleyes: She did comment on how beautiful "my girl" looked when I detailed the boat this spring before I put it in the water so I dont know.....she hasnt bonded with the boat yet....I dont know if she will. :huh:

vogelm1
05-23-2006, 11:46 AM
HA, my girlfriend refers to my boat as "your true love" or "your REAL girlfriend" or variations on those :rolleyes: She did comment on how beautiful "my girl" looked when I detailed the boat this spring before I put it in the water so I dont know.....she hasnt bonded with the boat yet....I dont know if she will. :huh:

That makes me think of that car movie "Christine". Does the boat get 'jealous' when your girlfriend jumps in; rev up, tip, do goofey stuff?? ;)

jraben8
05-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Just remember...

Fiance, add an 'n' and it becomes finance...

TMCNo1
05-23-2006, 06:39 PM
The first 3 or 4 years we had the MC, my wife wouldn't wear anything that had MC on it, now, thats all she wears except at work. She still has every piece of clothing she has got in 17 years. Every time we go to a reunion or to the factory she can't get enough stuff. Wow, it don't get no better than that! She even bought me a pair of Mastercraft boxer shorts once! She spends more in a year, on MC clothing-n-stuff than I do on the boat.

SteveO
05-24-2006, 09:54 AM
My buddies wife calls his boat the slut.

starman205
05-24-2006, 10:35 AM
My wife refers to my boat as my mistress.

pq2
05-24-2006, 01:31 PM
if a women dont complain for almost everything that makes you feel good, becareful because she can be a man :eek: