PDA

View Full Version : East TX Skier is taking a vacation.

east tx skier
05-22-2006, 11:44 AM
I'm taking a vacation to England, etc. on 5/23 until the end of the month. If anyone wants to PM me, please don't anticipate a response until June. Any modtype questions that require immediate assistance can of course be sent to bcampbe7.

You guys don't have too much fun without me.

:toast:

Ric
05-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Jolly good ol' chap.

east tx skier
05-22-2006, 11:54 AM
... "Freshen your drink, Gove'na" "Bob's your uncle."

"Look kids, Big Ben, parliment ... again."

André
05-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Just remember to look left FIRST when crossing the street!
Have fun!
Gonna meet Sizzler?

Ric
05-22-2006, 11:57 AM
"Look kids, Big Ben, parliment ... again."
you have GOT to do that while you are there!!!!!!!!!!! tape it so your boy will get it someday!!

east tx skier
05-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Gonna meet Sizzler?

you have GOT to do that while you are there!!!!!!!!!!! tape it so your boy will get it someday!!

That's the plan!

mitch
05-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Doug, Have fun!

stevo137
05-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Safe and fun trip to you Doug. Share some pics and trip report when you return.

bradamerry
05-22-2006, 12:08 PM
See ya Doug...

east tx skier
05-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks, guys. I haven't even packed yet, but I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.

pilot02
05-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Have a safe and enjoyable trip Doug, and throw back a few pints with Sizzler for us.....

LakePirate
05-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Cheeri-o...

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Have a good trip Eastie, Dont break out crying like Chevy " I cannot get left!!!!" 8p

So your gonna leave us all alone with Beau in charge here at TT......(Muhhwaaaaaaaa) When you get back from across the pond, Beau will look like one of those "after the wild party fall out" pics you see on the internet. We are gonna get him drunk, have one eyebrow shaved off, magic marker hitler mustache on his face, a big pirate hoop earring. a big "Kick Me" sign on his back, a MR. T style haircut on him, paint his finger nails, then we are gonna duck tape his legs together and put him on a couch with his hand in bucket of warm water so he wets his pants, then put the couch up on top of some dressers so its about 6 ft in the air, then we are gonna wake him up the next morning by flashing the lights on and off really fast and hit the fire alarm and watch him freak out and fall off the couch into a big pile of pillow feathers that get stuck to him because we poured honey all over him before waking him. :popcorn: :uglyhamme

;)

Ric
05-22-2006, 12:35 PM
I bet Consigliere logs on from overseas

05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
I bet Consigliere logs on from overseas
Heh, It wont matter, Beau is TOAST!!!! :D :steering:

;)

bcampbe7
05-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Bring it! :firejump:

05-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Bring it! :firejump:
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

Dont look at me.....It was Hoosier's idea!!! ;)

ski_king
05-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Does TMC give you vacation days?

Farmer Ted
05-22-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm taking a vacation to England, etc. on 5/23 until the end of the month. If anyone wants to PM me, please don't anticipate a response until June. Any modtype questions that require immediate assistance can of course be sent to bcampbe7.

You guys don't have too much fun without me.

:toast:

don't forget your fanny pack!

Be sure to let them all know you have a fanny pack!

rodltg2
05-22-2006, 01:28 PM
does the this mean erkle is going for the pass?

LakePirate
05-22-2006, 01:46 PM
If he averages just over 521 posts per day while Eastie is gone he can do it. :eek:

jmyers
05-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Have a good trip Doug! Drink lot's of tea and eat mnay crumpets! :D

05-22-2006, 02:08 PM
does the this mean erkle is going for the pass?
OH you KNOW it Rod!!! :popcorn: Erk will call in sick for a few days to pass him. Its gonna be like watching racing, he is gonna slingshot right by him..... Grab your seat, get some of your favorite beverage, and enjoy the show!!! 8p

jmeyers, what are "mnay" crumpets? are those a special kind?? never heard of them before...... ;)

east tx skier
05-22-2006, 02:17 PM
If any misdeeds should befall Beau, just remember this.

"... I am a superstitious man and if he should be shot in the head by a police officer, or if he were to hang himself in his jail cell, or if he's struck by a bolt of lightening! I'm going to blame some of the people in this room, and that I do not forgive. But that being said, I want to swear here, ... I will not break the peace we have made here today."

M-Funf
05-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Have fun, Doug. :wavey:

I know it doesn't sound like much of a "tourist" attraction, but while we were in London two years ago, we sat in on the House of Commons one day. Pretty interesting stuff... The wife got busted for taking a picture inside :eek:

05-22-2006, 02:21 PM
If any misdeeds should befall Beau, just remember this.

"... I am a superstitious man and if he should be shot in the head by a police officer, or if he were to hang himself in his jail cell, or if he's struck by a bolt of lightening! I'm going to blame some of the people in this room, and that I do not forgive. But that being said, I want to swear here, ... I will not break the peace we have made here today."

Dont worry man, We wont mess with the powers that be :o I dont want you dispatching Santino or Michael on my tail :eek: I aint much worried about Fredo though....

Beau will be just fine when you get back :)
Have fun across the pond Eastie :wavey:

east tx skier
05-22-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm told by a boss that the court system is interesting to take in. But this trip is just me going over there to hang out with an old college buddy of mine. More of a trip than a vacation. The difference being that when I get home from this trip, I'll need a vacation. But good sight seeing is on my agenda. Just noticed that Clapton is playing 3 shows at the Royal Albert Hall. My guess is that it's too late for tickets to that though.

east tx skier
05-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Dont worry man, We wont mess with the powers that be. I dont want you dispatching Santino or Michael on my tail :eek: I aint much worried about Fredo though....

Beau will be just fine when you get back :)
Have fun across the pond Eastie :wavey:

I wouldn't worry about Fredo. He's too busy trying to close a deal on a boat before he goes off to band camp. ;)

05-22-2006, 02:30 PM
They only thing is, I dont think OUR Fredo is scoring cocktail waitresses two at a time. :D

bcampbe7
05-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Have fun Doug and don't do anything that Hoosier Bob wouldn't do...
I will be at MC Headquarters on Wednesday so if UMP needs to be kicked around by The Boss, I will arrange that. :D

rodltg2
05-22-2006, 04:08 PM
let the swinsuit thread relive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

05-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Have fun Doug and don't do anything that Hoosier Bob wouldn't do...
I will be at MC Headquarters on Wednesday so if UMP needs to be kicked around by The Boss, I will arrange that. :D
Dude, I told you it was all Hoosier Bob's idea. I never had anything to do with it!!! ;) It was his plan....yea, thats it....thats the ticket!!! 8p

Farmer Ted
05-22-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm told by a boss that the court system is interesting to take in. But this trip is just me going over there to hang out with an old college buddy of mine. More of a trip than a vacation. The difference being that when I get home from this trip, I'll need a vacation. But good sight seeing is on my agenda. Just noticed that Clapton is playing 3 shows at the Royal Albert Hall. My guess is that it's too late for tickets to that though.

did you check ticketmaster?

www.ticketmaster.co.uk

sanjuan23
05-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Do not miss the chance to see him there. Words of experience and will never let happen again!

sizzler
05-23-2006, 03:27 AM
i've cleaned the red carpet and all the flags are out.......

"welcome Don eastie"..........

tex
05-23-2006, 09:43 AM

Now that's funny! Check his passport. I bet he has his Team Talk # somewhere on it! If anybody thinks his accent is funny...just tell them he's from the Lone Star country!

Sizzler...take him to one of those bars where he can see alot of pasty white girls!

LakePirate
05-23-2006, 09:50 AM

"welcome Don eastie"..........

That background music that they always play when they do that pan over Parliment is playing in my head.

sizzler
05-23-2006, 10:38 AM

Now that's funny! Check his passport. I bet he has his Team Talk # somewhere on it! If anybody thinks his accent is funny...just tell them he's from the Lone Star country!

Sizzler...take him to one of those bars where he can see alot of pasty white girls!

think he's meeting me thursday lunchtime...will have to set up a VIP cordron so we can talk TMC in peace ,away from all those "pasty girls,with bad teeth eh??"....i've asked him to wear a badge with "NO#1" on it so i recognise him......i've organised the interpreter,so we wont have an embarrassing silences........any of you guys got any up-to-date photos of Eastie???

Ric
05-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Etx is bringing 303 for your pasty girls!

sizzler
05-23-2006, 10:57 AM
i'll print a few off and post them around ol'lundun..........

BTW most of the girls here are "painted" orange......no sun for months and raining like he11.......when it rains the colour washes off

east tx skier
05-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Alright, Sizz. I'm here. Powered through today on little plane sleep (1 hour). Took 1 nap and am letting the pints take hold for some good zzzzs tonight. Will call tomorrow. Be well.

Doug

jmyers
05-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Enjoy Doug!! :toast:

Ric
05-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Alright, Sizz. I'm here. Powered through today on little plane sleep (1 hour). Took 1 nap and am letting the pints take hold for some good zzzzs tonight. Will call tomorrow. Be well.

Doug
Jolly good old boy

sizzler
05-25-2006, 03:11 AM

Doug
ready and waiting doug :friday:

bring the camera

sizzler
05-25-2006, 08:31 AM
have just come off of the phone to the great one......he is doing the touristy stuff at the mom.......

sizzler
05-26-2006, 02:32 AM
well..........i met up with our no#1 last night for a few beers......why do all you texans have to wear cowboy boots ,a stetson and a boot-lace chain???? he even had the silver collar-wing tips......stereotypical or what....................................... ;)

east tx skier
05-26-2006, 05:39 AM
As for my "duds," what can I say? You never know when you'll have to jam! ;)

It was great to meet you, Pete. I enjoyed it. I'll shoot you those pictures when I get back (no card reader here).

sizzler
05-26-2006, 05:49 AM
cheers doug.....the pleasure was all mine.......enjoy the rest of your trip,and stay well........

east tx skier
05-26-2006, 05:55 AM
Thanks. I left with a nice buzz that saw me through the tube maintenance on our return trip. Hope to do it again some time.

sizzler
05-26-2006, 05:58 AM
i finally got home about 2-30 am........a little jaded this morning to say the least.......

Ric
05-26-2006, 04:56 PM
well..........i met up with our no#1 last night for a few beers......why do all you texans have to wear cowboy boots ,a stetson and a boot-lace chain???? he even had the silver collar-wing tips......stereotypical or what....................................... ;)
East said you were wearing an argyle sweater and tan pants when you guys met for pints :eek:

05-26-2006, 05:44 PM
East said you were wearing an argyle sweater and tan pants when you guys met for pints :eek:
Argyle sweater and tan pants......what was he in a Long Duck Dong look alike contest?? :uglyhamme

Ric
05-26-2006, 06:00 PM
With white shoes

sizzler
05-30-2006, 04:06 AM
HAHAHAHHA.....i'll never let the truth get in the way of a good story....i did have my "hunting" tweed jacket on tho'...i was off to my country estate that evening and had some disciplinning of the servants ;) later on,to take care of