PDA

View Full Version : I am MAN!!!

P-hat_in_Cincy
05-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Good day! Snapped a shot while 'curing' the new grill. Looked at picture only to witness man stuff! :headbang:

P-hat_in_Cincy
05-21-2006, 10:52 PM
To add to the beer, boat, tools, fridge, and fire pic...here's the MEAT! Nicely seered on the outside...medium/medium rare on the inside! mmmm...

SKI*MC
05-21-2006, 10:55 PM
that new Burger King commercial must have gotten to you..

6ballsisall
05-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Very nice Phat! What brand smoker is that? It's lots of fun smokin foods. I'd almost venture so say it's therapeutic for me.

For a good site on smokin here you go:

www.thesmokering.com

MarkP
05-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Very nice Phat! What brand smoker is that?

www.thesmokering.com (http://www.thesmokering.com/)
Cant wait to hear..

That almost has to be one of those “imports”!! You know, from Texas..

Farmer Ted
05-21-2006, 11:15 PM
I did a little cooking while I went skiing today.

Started the ribs/beans at 1230

Launched the boat at 1

Loaded the boat at 4

Took the beans and ribs off the grill at 5

Farmer Ted
05-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Good day! Snapped a shot while 'curing' the new grill. Looked at picture only to witness man stuff! :headbang:

With the "MasterCraft" grill why use "Bayliner" charcoal?

Have you ever tried Royal Oak Lump?

You'll be very happy with the results.....

P-hat_in_Cincy
05-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Hey Jeff,
It can smoke, but it's actually a "Brinkmann Professional" we picked up at Sam's today for $199. I've been wanting a charcoal/wood/smoker/rotisserie grill over a gas grill for some time, and this one fits the bill. The charcoal grates raise and lower allowing you to bring the head closer or further away from the cooking surface. The price (compared to a nice gas grill) and the fact we're building a deck/patio convinced the wife to say "OK". <--I know...doesn't quite go with the title of this thread, but we know how it REALLY is! :D

Once we get things squared away, I'm going to have to have some local TT members over!

P-hat_in_Cincy
05-21-2006, 11:24 PM
HOLY !*@$ Farmer! You just got me hungry all over again!!! I'm sure I'll perfect my taste for charcoal/wood flavorings. I just ran with what was available. Thanks for the suggestion!

Here's the other project started this weekend. 16'x15.5' wood/composite deck with 12'x16' stamped concrete pad to left (should be poured this week).

Larryp
05-22-2006, 12:00 AM
If you can get it, try some pecan wood. goes great for pork.

Farmer Ted
05-22-2006, 12:40 AM
HOLY !*@$ Farmer! You just got me hungry all over again!!! I'm sure I'll perfect my taste for charcoal/wood flavorings. I just ran with what was available. Thanks for the suggestion!

Here's the other project started this weekend. 16'x15.5' wood/composite deck with 12'x16' stamped concrete pad to left (should be poured this week).

Looks like you're going to have an awesome setup once the deck is finished.

The nice thing about Lump is that as soon as it's lit it's ready to cook,
even if you grill something with it you'll get a slight smoke taste to what ever you grill.

If you can adjust the height of your coals and dampen the air flow you'd be surprised how much more flavor your food will have.

If you can't find Royal Oak, other common brands are Picnic, Cowboy, Ozark Oak, Kingsford also has a lump but it's hard to find.

bigmac
05-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Looks like you're going to have an awesome setup once the deck is finished.

The nice thing about Lump is that as soon as it's lit it's ready to cook,
even if you grill something with it you'll get a slight smoke taste to what ever you grill.

If you can adjust the height of your coals and dampen the air flow you'd be surprised how much more flavor your food will have.

If you can't find Royal Oak, other common brands are Picnic, Cowboy, Ozark Oak, Kingsford also has a lump but it's hard to find.

"Briquettes are the hot dogs of the fuel industry. You never know what's in the infernal things." -- Robert Colbert, Lazzari Fuel

HERE (http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm) is a good database on lump charcoal brands.

LakePirate
05-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Hey Cincy

How did that thing cook?
I have been looking at that Grill at Sams for about 2 years.

P-hat_in_Cincy
05-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Hey Cincy

How did that thing cook?
I have been looking at that Grill at Sams for about 2 years.

Let's just say that after my first bite I knew the whole experience was going to be over too soon. I immediately started watching my wife's plate to determine if I was going to get to finish off her's! 8p
Sounds like the experience will only get better once I start investigating different burning (charcoal/wood) options.

LakePirate
05-22-2006, 09:37 PM
I really liked the ability to move the charcoal/wood closer to/ away from the meat while cooking. Is it fairly easy to crank it while it is loaded?

P-hat_in_Cincy
05-22-2006, 11:10 PM
Really easy to crank loaded. It was nice b/c I seared the steaks and then cranked them further away from the heat for the rest of the cooking process.
The whole 'curing' process was 3hrs with the last hour @ 400F. The handles got mighty hot after running temp that long, but I figure that's few and far between.

LakePirate
05-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Good Deal. Guess I will be headed to Sam's here in the future.

Mi.mc
05-23-2006, 06:47 PM
I did a little cooking while I went skiing today.

Started the ribs/beans at 1230

Launched the boat at 1

Loaded the boat at 4

Took the beans and ribs off the grill at 5

(yummmmmm)

P-hat_in_Cincy
06-18-2006, 11:53 PM

Hosted our first gathering this weekend with all the pieces put together (grill, deck, pad, etc...). Still have quite a bit of trim-work and landscaping to do, but it's moving along.

Chicken, steaks, beers, margz, etc...were on the menu.

6ballsisall
06-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Sounds like fun Phat! Backyard is coming along nicely! :headbang: