PDA

View Full Version : Hats

mitch
10-08-2004, 09:59 AM
Yes, it's been a while since I bitc%ed :rant: about the hat selection situation. Those things can't be selling. Whose buying em? Really could use a few hats. Basic colors, with a simple Mastercraft on the front and WW tow boats or something sandwiched in the brim. Andre hit it right some time ago. The only thing these hats go w/ is a Frieghtliner jacket. Can MC help a bruther out..... :D

east tx skier
10-08-2004, 10:35 AM
The youth hats look okay. Can't adults look good, too. Trucker hats are (and I can't believe I'm saying this) so 5 months ago. ;)

BrianM
10-08-2004, 12:05 PM
I think I got one of the last good looking hats about 8 months ago. Yellow with Navy Mastercraft logo also has a little reverse World Record Towboats on the bill. Nice low profile. Thought I lost it a month or so ago and was almost sick. All of the new ones that Mastercraft has now are fugly.

I love this hat.

Rockman
10-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Goota agree with everyone here.

Once I am outa work, I am either in jeans and a T-shirt or shorts for the lake. Love to throw on a MC T Shirt and a hat and enjoy the day. Wearing any of the current MC hats around my neighborhood may get you beat up. :eek:

But good to know that I am not the only one upset with MC hats (and clothes on my part). Some of the items look they came right out of the closet back in good 1955, eh Marty?

I don't know if MC realizes that if you put a product out there and people like, they will buy it. Oh, sorry, we all have MasterCraft Boats. Wouldn't this tell them something?

I have a few suggestions and this is just my :twocents: here. MC should have a general line of clothes that meet the "true skier" stereotype of this century, maybe some funky colors, etc. (other than the more noticeable Doo-Doo browns, that are great for fall...not!)

MC should also offer a special line of clothes for specific boat owners, ProStar Series, X Series, Footers, etc. I know that there are some items out there related to this but not enough.

Lastly, since I am on a roll here...wouldn't it be cool to have a clothing line to fit your exact boat. This may entail shirts, hats, etc. that actually match the color of your boat, etc. Haven't seen any of the Powder Blue colored boats :D on this site yet so...not sure why MC thinks people would buy these?

Bert
10-08-2004, 02:10 PM

Once I am outa work, I am either in jeans and a T-shirt or shorts for the lake. Love to throw on a MC T Shirt and a hat and enjoy the day. Wearing any of the current MC hats around my neighborhood may get you beat up. :eek:

But good to know that I am not the only one upset with MC hats (and clothes on my part). Some of the items look they came right out of the closet back in good 1955, eh Marty?

I don't know if MC realizes that if you put a product out there and people like, they will buy it. Oh, sorry, we all have MasterCraft Boats. Wouldn't this tell them something?

I have a few suggestions and this is just my :twocents: here. MC should have a general line of clothes that meet the "true skier" stereotype of this century, maybe some funky colors, etc. (other than the more noticeable Doo-Doo browns, that are great for fall...not!)

MC should also offer a special line of clothes for specific boat owners, ProStar Series, X Series, Footers, etc. I know that there are some items out there related to this but not enough.

Lastly, since I am on a roll here...wouldn't it be cool to have a clothing line to fit your exact boat. This may entail shirts, hats, etc. that actually match the color of your boat, etc. Haven't seen any of the Powder Blue colored boats :D on this site yet so...not sure why MC thinks people would buy these?

What Rockman said!!!!! MC you got your receiver on ????

André
10-08-2004, 02:23 PM
...And how about a "TeamTalk" edition baseball cap?

mitch
10-08-2004, 02:34 PM
I bought 2 of those yellow one's, love em. Hopefully someone sees this thread. It would seem quite easy to solve this one. If any of you guys are in S. Maine this weekend, I could sure use a hand pulling my docks! Oh, and we'll ski too. :cool:

NeilM
10-08-2004, 02:36 PM
What Rockman said.. with one caveat... prices need to be reasonable!

André
10-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Would love too... but pulling everything out too! Last set later this afternoon.

Mag_Red
10-08-2004, 04:03 PM
I think I got one of the last good looking hats about 8 months ago. Yellow with Navy Mastercraft logo also has a little reverse World Record Towboats on the bill. Nice low profile. Thought I lost it a month or so ago and was almost sick. All of the new ones that Mastercraft has now are fugly.

I love this hat.hmmmmmm Yellow! :D Too bad it's a navy stripe :uglyhamme If it was black, I'd be all over it :headbang:

mitch
10-08-2004, 05:54 PM
Andre, Try and squeeze in one more set in the morning :woohoo:

Rockman
10-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Maybe we could get them to get a specila hat made for all the people who post here on the site like mentioned earlier.

Front of the hat could say "MC Owners' Forum"
Back of hat could say "Swim Suit Pics 30,000 :D "

stevo137
10-08-2004, 07:06 PM
And please bring this "REAL" visor back!!! :mad:

André
10-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Man,You REALLY like that visor...LOL

stevo137
10-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Editing option

AR Footer
10-08-2004, 11:25 PM
I certainly believe we need a better selection of apparel and hats. The new styles are fine, I guess, for the younger crowd and even for those who own X-Stars but what about those of us who own an older boat, especially the ProStar 190? I don't want to wear the modern logos that are offered. I want something more traditional. I waited over 16 years to own my first MasterCraft and I am very proud of it. I sure would like to have some stuff to wear to show my pride but I just can't get into what is being offered.

Also, I think the prices are awfully high. Since we already own the best boat in the world, couldn't we have a break in the pricing of apparel to become a walking billboard and an excellent spokes person?

Hoosier Bob
10-08-2004, 11:53 PM
The good news is I can now use the word "FUGLY" in a post! Thanks MC.

stevo137
10-09-2004, 12:16 AM
Editing option.

Hoosier Bob
10-09-2004, 12:25 AM
Not you wild man! Those hats on the proshop are weak! Loosen up although I am laughing my @#$ off right now! Go back to the drinkin thread!

stevo137
10-09-2004, 12:33 AM
Editing option.

Hoosier Bob
10-09-2004, 12:36 AM
You pull like a horse relax! This site is a blast. The hat thing is killing me! :eek: The hat never made the man. I have been drinkin way too long!!

mitch
10-09-2004, 09:22 AM
.............:friday:

mitch
10-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Something like this would be cool->http://www.nautiquegear.com/acb2/showdetl.cfm?&DID=12&Product_ID=189&CATID=12

Andre, The water is waaaaay rough today :mad: hopefully you got some glass for your last set.

jimmer2880
10-12-2004, 06:30 AM
Yea - what Rockman said! :friday:

H20skeefreek
10-12-2004, 07:27 AM

I happen to have that powder blue hat and l like it. I wear it everytime I go out on the boat. It was free (gave it to my boss who visited the factory to pick up his Maristar).

NeilM
10-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Well, maybe these guys will listen.. who knows...

Monday October 11, 2004

VONORE, Tenn. – MasterCraft has added Jason Boertje and Mike Bell to its marketing team, the company said in a press release Friday.

Boertje (pronounced BOR-jay) will head up the communications arm of the marketing group, serving as corporate communications manager. He will coordinate MasterCraft’s internal and external communications with all publics, including the company’s 10,000-member Team MasterCraft ownership club, and act as the company’s primary media relations liaison. Boertje is an MBA graduate from the University of Tennessee.

Bell will be carrying out many of the ownership group’s objectives as its Team MasterCraft customer service representative. His customer service and events resume includes time with Sea Ray and Baja Marine.

“I’m excited about the addition of Jason and Mike to the team,” said Rob May, MasterCraft’s director of marketing. “They bring a real sense of passion to the group, and build on an already strong, aggressive and passionate foundation in our marketing department.”

MasterCrafting
10-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Prices need to go way down. I wanted to get that hoodie but when i looked at the price it was no longer an option. And the hat is horrible.

mitch
10-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Powder Blue :o