PDA

View Full Version : new season at the lake

meggsy1221@aol.com
05-20-2006, 02:39 PM
A funny couple of boat lauches my wife and I witnessed, a family with what looked to be a new Sea Ray ,wife and kids in the boat they slide off the trailer Dad goes to park. The boat begins to fill up with water you guessed it forgot the plug!! Now here comes family #2 almost identical boat same end result, if we had not seen this with our own eyes we would not have believed it. One last story for the day, Dad shows up with his to small boys with what my wife calls a grease ball boat! huge outboard flat bottom boat. Dad obviously has his boys for the weekend got the Z-28 launches boat kids in it 1 kid yells Dad no keys!! No problem their in the trunk Dad throws the keys at the boat misses it by a mile. The boys are devastated we go over and offer to take them in our boat Dad was very appreciatve kids had fun and he had ice cold beer in his cooler.I wish I had my video camera that day not nice to make fun of other people's misfortunes but it was funny at the time.

TMCNo1
05-20-2006, 03:10 PM
One of the "Greatest Shows On Earth" is the boat ramp in the spring.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-20-2006, 04:37 PM
One of the "Greatest Shows On Earth" is the boat ramp in the spring.
Yea, its like watching people drive in the first snow of hte season. Car accidents all over!! Everyone forgets how to deal with it in the "off season". :popcorn:

88 PS190
05-20-2006, 04:38 PM
I prefer to launch mid week or at night. That way no one is around screwing up. And sometimes you save the 5$

_DiZZ_
05-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Yea, its like watching people drive in the first snow of hte season. Car accidents all over!! Everyone forgets how to deal with it in the "off season". :popcorn:

And after every rain, in california LMAO :D

Datdude
05-20-2006, 09:48 PM
My parent's live one house away from the boat launch. Saturday and Sunday can be spent on the deck laughing the entire time. Some of my personal favorites are

1. 1988(?) Bayliner with 7 adults backs into the water, the boat slides off the trailer real nice, truck driver goes to park, gets on the boat, starts the boat, gets 100 feet off of shore and a lady screams "WE'RE SINKING". Boat driver panics and gets on the gas....running the boat up on the gravel next to the launch ramp. 3/4 of the boat was out of the water and on dry land :D

2. Older guy out fishing alone comes in and ties his new bass boat off to the launch dock. He backs the trailer in, loads the boat like he looks like he knows what he is doing, hooks the winch strap up, hops out of the boat, into his truck and takes off. The problem was that he never trimmed the motor up. He drove about 100' before he realized.....ooooops