PDA

View Full Version : Vonore We Have A Problem

Farmer Ted
05-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Just got off the phone with the Wildman, it's a sad, sad day in the Ark-La-Tex

The 87 is down

Seems that the transmission has decided to not transmit.

According to Brad, the boat won't plane off and the tranny is making a knocking noise

Who/Where is a good place to get a rebuild for a power-slot if needed?

JimN, can you offer any tranny troubleshooting advice/recommendations.

Brad said the boat was running great yesterday and just quit this morning

Ric
05-20-2006, 11:01 AM
NOOOOO!!!

Jr had a good transmission rebuilder in another thread this week

what about the MC dealer in Monroe? Or Eastx's favorite shop?

ski_king
05-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Somebody on here used this place and said they did a good job.
http://www.fantasticfinishmarine.com/skiboattrans.html

Farmer Ted
05-20-2006, 11:11 AM

Thanks King!

That's what we need.

Everyone please keep the Wildman in your thoughts, he's pretty tore up.

Farmer Ted
05-20-2006, 11:12 AM
NOOOOO!!!

I think the object of this mission is to get the 87 operational without needing Astro-glide

where is JRs guy?

Ric
05-20-2006, 11:20 AM
I think the object of this mission is to get the 87 operational without needing Astro-glide

where is JRs guy?
jrs guy is that fantastic finish guy
blackbeauty in OK city found someone too. Maybe that is an are that is an area that brad frequents?

Farmer Ted
05-20-2006, 11:26 AM
jrs guy is that fantastic finish guy
blackbeauty in OK city found someone too. Maybe that is an are that is an area that brad frequents?

He's still up at Greeson and will be glad to hear about these places.

Ric
05-20-2006, 11:27 AM
He's still up at Greeson and will be glad to hear about these places.
Yall ever been to degray lake in Arkansas?

Farmer Ted
05-20-2006, 11:33 AM

I haven't, I'm sure Brad has at one point. It's just up the road from Greeson.

I think Greeson is the prefered lake due to the smaller size?

You up for a roadtrip?

Ric
05-20-2006, 11:44 AM
I haven't, I'm sure Brad has at one point. It's just up the road from Greeson.

I think Greeson is the prefered lake due to the smaller size?

You up for a roadtrip?
Well I have to visit family out there sometime this summer and am thinking about making it a tow trip....

bradamerry
05-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Well I have to visit family out there sometime this summer and am thinking about making it a tow trip....
I will be back to Greeson July 14th through the 21st, if you can make it RIC. Not sure about the damn boat, tranny didn't knock this morning when I loaded it on the trailer??? Sending it in for a look, lost alot of the tranny fluid. I have been wanting to upgrade and Brandy said she wanted an openbow now, so we are now to fix this boat and sell or make a deal with a MC deal and trade? Wish me luck.

stevo137
05-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Too bad she wants an open bow, I just got mine back from Pinecrest yesterday after a carb rebuild and new style fuel sender and the boat runs beautiful. It's a 4160 carb and was probably the first time it was rebuilt.
I'm ready to list it.

Dan K
05-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Eric at Fantastic Finish rebuilt my 81 powerslot transmission in 1 day while my kids and I went to King's Island Amusement park nearby. We picked it up at the end of the day and I reinstalled the next day. He did a great job and I was very pleased with the responsiveness.

bradamerry
05-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Too bad she wants an open bow, I just got mine back from Pinecrest yesterday after a carb rebuild and new style fuel sender and the boat runs beautiful. It's a 4160 carb and was probably the first time it was rebuilt.
I'm ready to list it.
Steve, I would love to have your boat... But, she wants an openbow if we upgrade. The extra room would be nice and I just couldn't put a tower on your boat..

stevo137
05-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Steve, I would love to have your boat... But, she wants an openbow if we upgrade. The extra room would be nice and I just couldn't put a tower on your boat..
Hear ya, just want er' to go to a good home.
OK, you and Sporty are now off of the list...

Leroy
05-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Hope it's nothing serious Brad.

Stevo; I love it, I can see your ad:
My baby is for sale, send your resume, picture of where boat will be kept and your normal maintenance procedures....I'll let you know if you can make an offer!

You know you will miss it when it is gone.

bradamerry
05-21-2006, 03:45 PM

My baby is for sale, send your resume, picture of where boat will be kept and your normal maintenance procedures....I'll let you know if you can make an offer!

Thanks Leroy, seriously looking like a 205 or a 197..

Sorry Steve. :(

bradamerry
05-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Not so good, big and open. It has some fingers, but they fill up fast. I don't use DeGray, Greeson is just soooooooooo much better.

stevo137
05-21-2006, 04:50 PM

Leroy,
I didn't write up the ad yet. It is being kept in my garage at this point and has always been in inside storage for winter and on the lift during summer. We are putting the lifts in on Memorial weekend.
Pincrest has done all of the winterization and maintenance. Along with winterization I had all of the fluids changed each season. As I mentioned earlier, I just had the carb rebuilt and new style fuel sender and it is running great.
PM me for more info and we can discuss by phone.

Larryp
05-21-2006, 05:03 PM
NOOOOO!!!

I really don't think that eastie can recommend that nautique shop anymore. That does not fit with recent happenings does it.

Leroy
05-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Stevo; Take a deep breathe and just go out a few times during the week. DO you realize how much time we have in the evenings now, or are you on central time?

Leroy,
I didn't write up the ad yet. It is being kept in my garage at this point and has always been in inside storage for winter and on the lift during summer. We are putting the lifts in on Memorial weekend.
Pincrest has done all of the winterization and maintenance. Along with winterization I had all of the fluids changed each season. As I mentioned earlier, I just had the carb rebuilt and new style fuel sender and it is running great.
PM me for more info and we can discuss by phone.

bradamerry
05-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks guys, just got off the phone with this folks. Pretty good deal. I may ship it to them, buy a newer boat and then sell the 87'.

east tx skier
05-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Brad, my local guys can do a bang up job I have no doubt. As far as I know, they still run about $75 per hour but that's going up sooner or later. Probably worth a phone call. 903-509-1754. Ask for Shanon and tell him you're a friend of Doug's. They are open Monday through Saturday. 9--6.

bradamerry
05-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Brad, my local guys can do a bang up job I have no doubt. As far as I know, they still run about $75 per hour but that's going up sooner or later. Probably worth a phone call. 903-509-1754. Ask for Shanon and tell him you're a friend of Doug's. They are open Monday through Saturday. 9--6.
Thanks Doug, I just got off the phone with them and they have a tranny there...

east tx skier
05-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Is it the right one?

Anyway, I've found the service there to be second to none? Their rates are more than competitive (even if they've increased already).

Ric
05-22-2006, 11:59 AM
I really don't think that eastie can recommend that nautique shop anymore. That does not fit with recent happenings does it.
:eek: you said a dirty word........

east tx skier
05-22-2006, 12:05 PM
For the record, I never said that word. I recommended someone locally. I'm sure Brad's checked with his local dealer. On an unrelated matter, I called Brad's dealer last week to inquire about a boat they had listed on the net for someone. As much as I like those guys, I have yet to hear back from them.

bradamerry
05-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Is it the right one?

Anyway, I've found the service there to be second to none? Their rates are more than competitive (even if they've increased already).
He said he would check, but he thinks it is...

east tx skier
05-22-2006, 12:10 PM
That'd be great if they had it. Unusual, but great all the same.

bradamerry
05-22-2006, 12:14 PM
For the record, I never said that word. I recommended someone locally. I'm sure Brad's checked with his local dealer. On an unrelated matter, I called Brad's dealer last week to inquire about a boat they had listed on the net for someone. As much as I like those guys, I have yet to hear back from them. edit..........eating my words............ boot doesn't taste good...

stevo137
05-22-2006, 12:21 PM
It is so rude to not return calls. I can see one call but after the second, forget about it.
Like they are doing you a favor selling you a boat and letting you do business with them, arrogant to say the least.

bradamerry
05-22-2006, 12:30 PM
It is so rude to not return calls. I can see one call but after the second, forget about it.
Like they are doing you a favor selling you a boat and letting you do business with them, arrogant to say the least. still crewing..........

Farmer Ted
05-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Let's calll a spade a spade.

Gus Campbell hasn't returned your calls?

That place isn't the same since Bridget left.

I'd be all over the guys in Conway when you're up there the next time.
Good folks up there and I bet they'd be more than willing to find you a boat and take your money.

I was stoked when I found out we had a MC dealer here, but it seems like they've got bigger and better ideas for their Centurion boats (cause we all know they're built better than MC)

I'd be very reluctant to take the boat to either dealership in North LA. The drive to Bennetts and Conway is probably the same. Those would be my first choices.

bradamerry
05-22-2006, 02:48 PM
still crewing........................

Ric
05-23-2006, 11:01 AM
I will be back to Greeson July 14th through the 21st, if you can make it RIC. Not sure about the damn boat, tranny didn't knock this morning when I loaded it on the trailer??? Sending it in for a look, lost alot of the tranny fluid. I have been wanting to upgrade and Brandy said she wanted an openbow now, so we are now to fix this boat and sell or make a deal with a MC deal and trade? Wish me luck.
I still have your number, I will let you know if we can swing it!!!!

bradamerry
05-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Great news, the 94' 205 is mine if I want it, waiting for pics. Erk found me a boat as well, loks good Erk. Talked to Gus and working on prices for towers and such. Brandy said but one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may not fix the 87' until my cousin is ready to buy.. Wildman could have a newer boat by Friday!!!

bradamerry
05-23-2006, 01:18 PM
And I'm stuck in Tulsa, Ok. until Thursday?????????????? :( Where is Diesel????????????

Farmer Ted
05-23-2006, 01:22 PM
And I'm stuck in Tulsa, Ok. until Thursday?????????????? :( Where is Diesel????????????

Good news!

Now go out and find some more oil so the damn price will go down :uglyhamme

We're on track for Friday/Saturday/Sunday at the lake if the weather permits

have to make a run to Texarkana Friday night to pick up the camper/tiller and celebrate a couple of birthdays/high school graduation

bradamerry
05-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Good news!

Now go out and find some more oil so the damn price will go down :uglyhamme

We're on track for Friday/Saturday/Sunday at the lake if the weather permits

have to make a run to Texarkana Friday night to pick up the camper/tiller and celebrate a couple of birthdays/high school graduation
What lake?????????????

Farmer Ted
05-23-2006, 01:29 PM
What lake?????????????

Black

The slalom course is going along Friday morning........

hopefully the man won't be out.......

bradamerry
05-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Black

The slalom course is going along Friday morning........

hopefully the man won't be out.......
OK, I maybe going to Gus's Friday.. Depends on tower.

east tx skier
05-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Congrats, Brad! Let's see some pictures. I know you're going to love it!

By the way, do you know if it's the transmission or the "slot." Got clarification from said dealer that they have a 1:1 and that the gear reduction portion attaches to that. Can any powerslot expert confirm that as being the case.

/posted on little sleep.

east tx skier
06-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Let's calll a spade a spade.

Gus Campbell hasn't returned your calls?

That place isn't the same since Bridget left.

Well, I just got a return call from someone over there. I'd called asking about some info that they had on a used 2004 197 back when jrandol first started thinking about upgrading? So this has got to be at least some time in early to mid May, right?

Well, even though this phone call was woefully belated, they get points in my book for making the return call. I did inform them that my friend had already bought a loaded X7.