PDA

View Full Version : Clash of the Titans

TMC
05-19-2006, 05:58 PM
The Clash of the Titans is on for May 31-June 1, 2006 and it will be broadcast live to your computer. We at MasterCraft officially release you of any Team Talk posting duties on these days so you are free to watch the webcast of this event. Below is all the information that you need so please support MasterCraft and waterskiing and "tune" in!

In the meantime, we want to hear from you pre- and post-event to see what you think so post your thoughts in this thread!

The WaterSki Pro Slalom Shootout
May 31 - June 1
Lake Hancock, Winter Garden, Fla.
Watch it at waterskimag.com (http://www.waterskimag.com) (check back for webtv link)

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/559/ProStar-197_Brochure.jpgBoat company vs. boat company. Champion vs. champion. Man vs. nature. All that drama and more will be packed into the Shootout. We tried to imagine the coolest slalom battle we - and you - could hope to see, then we set it up. The result is a three-event tournament, but with each event all about slalom.

Want an e-mail reminder to tune in? Click here (http://www.waterskimag.com/enewsletter.jsp).

EVENT 1 TRADITIONAL SLALOM
Preliminaries: May 31
Semifinals: June 1
Finals: June 1

Can't let go of a tried-and-true format. The Shootout will kick off with Open Men on Wednesday - qualified skiers fighting it out. Top pros, top amateurs, they'll all be welcome to try to put up the best score on Hancock. Sixteen will advance to the next day's semifinals, then eight to the finals for a chance to grab a piece of the $15,000 purse. And yes, this is the same lake where Chris Parrish first broke the world record last May with 11⁄4 at 43 off. "When Butch Allen and Ed Neill set out to create the Isles at Lake Hancock, world-record ski conditions were at the top of their list," Drew Ross says. "It'll be exciting for all competitors to get a chance at some big scores."

EVENT 2 BIG SPRAY
Wednesday afternoon

This isn't so much a serious event as it is a fun made-for-magazine show in the name of getting some very cool photos of walls of water flying 10, 20, 30 feet high. Skiers will be in teams of five - four men, one woman. One team will represent Malibu, the other MasterCraft. The height of the spray will be measured on a special banner, with points accumulating for each team. If there's a tie, one skier from each team will go at it in a runoff, carving all night if they have to.

EVENT 3 HEAD-TO-HEAD TEAM CHALLENGE
Thursday afternoon

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/559/124-pro_slalom_shootout.jpgSimilar idea with Team Malibu facing Team MasterCraft. Two boats will be constantly running back and forth through the course, each pulling a sequence of skiers from their respective teams in a series of passes. The rules here are pretty simple: If Malibu Skier 1 beats MasterCraft Skier 1, Team Malibu scores one point. The team with the most points wins.

Both the Malibu Response and the MasterCraft ProStar have towed world-record slalom runs. Along with showcasing the skiers themselves, the Team Challenge will pit the boats against each other mano a mano - or maquina a maquina.

HOW TO EXPERIENCE IT
Watch on the Web at waterskimag.com (http://www.waterskimag.com). This tournament is scheduled for the middle of the week - a rarity - so you can check in on the action from work, home, school, Starbucks or wherever you have your computer. You'll find streaming video of the action and live commentary for water-ski fans around the world. More than just watch the Shootout, you'll be able to interact with it. E-mail questions to the pros, vote in special polls, see instant replays and more.

shepherd
05-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Great idea! I'm sorry but I may not be able to tune in, because I want to attend in person! Is that possible? Will the public be allowed to attend? I'll wear my Mastercraft shirt to show my support for the Team.

PackerCraft
05-20-2006, 09:07 AM
I'll be in Green Bay, unfortunately, so I'll be on the web. MasterCraft should be kicking some Malibu butt. I can't imagine MC captain Wade Cox being out-strategized, or out-skied.

Ric
05-20-2006, 09:45 AM
When do we know who's on the team?

88 PS190
05-20-2006, 01:22 PM
don't know the whole team... that'd be interesting to find out. so far.
Malibu has:
Parrish
Asher
Drew Ross

Mastercraft:
Wade Cox... and coherts

speculations anyone? perhaps Fisher and its gonna be either april or regina for mastercraft.

that parrish asher dynamic is gonna be hard to beat.

wonder why no CC three way shoot out.

PackerCraft
05-22-2006, 11:11 AM
I think its based on the world standings list. Wade Cox is captain, with Jodi Fisher, Glenn Campbell and Marcus Brown for the guys. I'm not sure about the girls. If MC goes with the same for girls, it would be Regina Jaquess.

LakePirate
05-22-2006, 11:16 AM
I am all about more water skiing coverage, but wouldn't it have been nice to push this out a couple of weeks and not 2 days after the Masters?

Just my .02

Wait a minute, Masters a CC event, Clash a MC/bu event...never mind

TMC
05-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Word from the field:

MasterCraft Team and Events Manager Aarne Clow reports (unofficially) from Lake Hancock in Orlando that MasterCraft has pulled 12 of the 16 top scores in the first round of the WaterSki Magazine Slalom Shootout. Team MC skiers making the cut: Steve Cockeram, Wade Cox, Jodi Fisher and Glen Campbell. Who’s out? Malibu’s Chris Parrish, who failed to qualify in a five-way run-off for the last spot. Who’s in? Former MC Team Skier Jeff Rodgers – the only one of the five in the run-off who skied behind the MC. The field is led by “independent” skier Jaime Beauschene, who ran 3 buoys at 41 off – also behind the MasterCraft.

MasterCraft’s boat of choice is the dialed-in 2006 Pro Tournament Team edition 197 of Karen Truelove, complete with MCX PowerSlot. With a new Indmar calibration and Perfect Pass software upgrade, the 197 “is running beautifully,” says Clow.

Team MasterCraft also took the first annual Team Big Spray contest title, riding the 210-pound coattails of UK’s Glen Campbell. A cumulative score event, Team MC beat out Team Malibu. Official scores to come.

The event continues tomorrow with a live webcast at 9:00 am. Click here (http://www.waterskimag.com/proslalomshootout) for more information.

TMC
06-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Be sure that you are watching the Live Webcast of the Pro Slalom Shootout!

Click here to go to the webcast NOW! (http://www.waterskimag.com/article.jsp?ID=42294&contestID=)

Ric
06-01-2006, 12:30 PM
watching now

this is soooo cool!!!!!

BuoyChaser
06-01-2006, 12:35 PM
i'm listenin' now at work, tough to watch and pretty choppy...will this whole video be available on DVD for later viewing???if it is reasonable would be great to catch a copy...

thanxs for making this free to watch/listen...YEAHH SLALOM!!!

Ryan
06-01-2006, 12:52 PM
MC thanks for contributing to this great web-event! I wish I was getting this on my DVR.

Danimal
06-01-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm trying to watch it but we only have DSL at work and it's not coming over very well. I get about 30 secconds of vid every 10 minutes or so. How are the MC skiers doing in the shootout??

rodltg2
06-01-2006, 01:17 PM
my dsl works great..

PackerCraft
06-01-2006, 01:27 PM
I heard that 7 of the 8 guys in the finals are skiing behind the MasterCraft, including leader Jaime B. If that's true the boat must be working and Team MC is skiing well.

Danimal
06-01-2006, 01:35 PM
I heard that 7 of the 8 guys in the finals are skiing behind the MasterCraft, including leader Jaime B. If that's true the boat must be working and Team MC is skiing well.

Awesome!! Thanks for the update.

ski_king
06-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Be sure that you are watching the Live Webcast of the Pro Slalom Shootout!

Click here to go to the webcast NOW! (http://www.waterskimag.com/article.jsp?ID=42294&contestID=)
Bump, I had a hard time finding this so I bumped it to the top for others to find.

Ric
06-01-2006, 02:59 PM
storm blowing in and beauchesne is up
very windy

atlfootr
06-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Where's the BAREFOOT SKIING?

Ric
06-01-2006, 03:07 PM
I think the barefoot shootout is tomorrow???

Ric
06-01-2006, 03:08 PM
winter wins 3@41off

atlfootr
06-01-2006, 03:08 PM
I think the barefoot shootout is tomorrow???Your jok'n right?

Ric
06-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Your jok'n right?

yes .

Ric
06-01-2006, 03:18 PM
ok how does it work?
I didnt see jamie or winter on the list of team skiers but they were the final two...
parrish wasn't even skiing this afternoon?
anybody know?

atlfootr
06-01-2006, 03:24 PM
$6,000.00 Not too shabby for a day's work ...
$4,000.00 for Drew Ross ...

jraben8
06-01-2006, 04:01 PM
ok how does it work?
I didnt see jamie or winter on the list of team skiers but they were the final two...
anybody know?

Parish is up right now...

jraben8
06-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Marcus Brown just beat Parrish with 5 @ 39. Parrish made 1 1/2 @ 39.

hacker
06-01-2006, 04:17 PM
ok how does it work?
anybody know?

Parrish didn't make the cut (Wednesday)... went down at 38.

Looks like you needed 4 @ 39 to advance to today's semi round.

yesterday's recap (http://skitek.net/tek/)

maristarman
06-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Malibu is currently leading 2-1. :eek:

First 3 matchups were 1 point each.

Next 2 are 2 point matchups.

beef
06-01-2006, 04:57 PM
I musta missed how Natalie edged out Regina. I thought they tied at 2 @ 39

Ryan
06-01-2006, 05:02 PM
I musta missed how Natalie edged out Regina. I thought they tied at 2 @ 39

They did tie. But the second skier has to beat the previous score. Alternating for each pair of skiers on who goes first makes it pretty equitable. I think it would work well to score it a 0 points for a tie and one point for who ever comes out ahead. The later 2 pt match ups make it pretty interesting.

maristarman
06-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Asher (Malibu) made 3 @ 41

Campbell (MC) made 2 @ 41

:( :( :(

Ryan
06-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Asher (Malibu) made 3 @ 41

Campbell (MC) made 2 @ 41

:( :( :(

And 'Bu takes it in the head to head.

maristarman
06-01-2006, 05:25 PM
And 'Bu takes it in the head to head.

Did anyone else see how much smack Team Malibu was talking?

No class. :noface:

Ryan
06-01-2006, 05:35 PM

It's all in good fun. I'm sure Coxy would have had a lot to say had MC won.

beef
06-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Did I hear Sully call Wade "Suede Socks" when he was on the water? :D

Ric
06-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Thought coxxy was at a RARE loss for words when talking the finer points of the world record holding 197 where Drew did pretty well talking up the bu

rodltg2
06-01-2006, 08:02 PM

there all friends , just having fun

Ryan
06-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Thought coxxy was at a RARE loss for words when talking the finer points of the world record holding 197 where Drew did pretty well talking up the bu

Glad to hear he is a family guy and all, but he said tubin' more than I thought a pro skier would. I thought Drew gave a nice little speech at the podium thanking WSMag MC and Bu equally. From that event it looked like Andy Mapples spot as WaterSkiing spokesman/sport-pusher is being filled by Drew and Todd R..."Swerve w'Me!!" :guitar:

rodltg2
06-02-2006, 12:10 AM
i missed the speaches . in short , what did wade say?

6ballsisall
06-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Can the coverage still be viewed. I missed out! :(

Ric
06-02-2006, 01:17 AM
basically coxxy said mc makes 100 boats a year from the same mold that are specifically geared for pro skiing and yet who'd have thought we'd be running 39 on the tour behind an open bow?
he said he spends tons of time in the boat these days and doesn't mind pulling tubes and boards these days and rather prefers it

I think he is a slalom icon and I was really looking for more info from him since it was the clash of the titans
but he was amongst his peers and had to follow drews speech(the boats were next to one another and sully got in the boat with drew, and then jumped over into the 197 with no cut) and seemed a bit off his game compared to when he did the rewind videos and HO videos and such

Ryan
06-02-2006, 01:51 AM
Wade didn't say much at the podium.

beef
06-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Can the coverage still be viewed. I missed out! :(

Go to the the web tv site at http://www.webcast-tv.com. They still have archive footage of the Challenge the Pros event too.

brftski
06-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Is it me or are they not broadcasting? I just get a black screen and off the air at the top

rodltg2
06-02-2006, 12:31 PM
its over yesterday

88 PS190
06-02-2006, 12:32 PM
malibu won the head to head :-(

brftski
06-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Just my luck!! A day late and a few inches short (.)(.)

Ric
06-02-2006, 08:21 PM
I still dont get it
having not seen the whole thing, I see terry winter win the slalom over jamie
I saw jamie ski the last pass with the malibu
what did winter ski?

during the time I tuned in, I never saw a prostar tow????