PDA

View Full Version : dont forget to strap up

rodltg2
05-19-2006, 02:32 PM
this cant be good.

oh, and before someone else says it....it only an mb sports at least it wasnt a mastercraft

sanjuan23
05-19-2006, 02:37 PM
OUCH!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

east tx skier
05-19-2006, 02:47 PM
That's a bummer. Hurts me to look at.

Ric
05-19-2006, 02:50 PM
probably 303'd the bunks! :eek:

rodltg2
05-19-2006, 02:53 PM
i usually dont strap up unless the ramp is steep or long. not riskin that anymore after seeing that pic//

92 190 PS
05-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Not so good....I think I'm going to get a safety strap for the bow today. Probably over kill with strap and boat buddy, but what the hell...Based on the feedback on this board lately, I think I'm going to get straps for the back while I'm at it...

Davo
05-19-2006, 03:15 PM
It'll be fine, just throw the truck in reverse. :cool:

bcampbe7
05-19-2006, 03:31 PM
That would suck!

That ramp looks awefully steep though.

86Craft
05-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Alright, how do you suggest they get that back on the trailer?
Get some big boys around. The owner needs to put in ear plugs. Push it back in the water, and re-trailer. Then, make that dreaded call to the insurance man.
That Stinks.

maristarman
05-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Alright, how do you suggest they get that back on the trailer?

I'd get a bunch guys(and gals, whatever, I'm an EEO) and some pieces of 1/2 in PVC pipe.

I'd have people hold the pvc on the ground about 1 foot apart under the part of the boat that is tilted up.

Then have the big guys pull that side of the boat down so that it's resting on the pvc.

Then I'd roll that sucker back in the water and get it on the trailer.

STRAP IT DOWN.

Get it out of the water.

Get a good look at the damage.

Cry me a river.

Call the insurance man.

Then, if I was lucky, the insurance guy would total the boat out.

I'd then take that check and get me a high quality "previously owned" Mastercraft.

All would be right with the universe.

:dance:

wakinvol
05-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Using my investigative prowess it appears that unfortunate event was a pre-launch, as opposed to a post-launch tragedy. The ramp is dry, and the trailer is not dripping at all. I've been guilty of unstrapping early many times, but this is a good reminder.

Ric
05-19-2006, 04:28 PM
he may have more rudder torque now

baedriver
05-19-2006, 04:29 PM
That sucks i will never leave mine not strapped again.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-19-2006, 04:37 PM
NO matter what kind of boat it is, it sucks. :( bummer.....

88 PS190
05-19-2006, 04:57 PM
I'd say best bet for getting it on the trailer would be to lift the rear w/ a jack and a V block to cradle it, then the boat could be put onto a roller dolly or such and backed into the water deep enough to re trailer it.

At that angle they're not going up the ramp w/ the boat onto the trailer, Even w/ an electric winch that's a ton of load and drag to haul it onto those bunks, although, if you did wet the bunks you'd stand a chance.

rodltg2
05-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Using my investigative prowess it appears that unfortunate event was a pre-launch, as opposed to a post-launch tragedy. The ramp is dry, and the trailer is not dripping at all. I've been guilty of unstrapping early many times, but this is a good reminder.

it doesnt look like the trailer is at a steep enough angle at that point for the boat to have slipped off. looks to me more like a loading issue. ramp could be dry becuase the picture may not have been taking right away. im sure it took the guy awhile to figure out what he was going to do..

88 PS190
05-19-2006, 05:13 PM
nah that ramp sure looks too dry, look at the bottom you can see the transition from water to dry ramp.

looks to me like when the boat trailer hit the start of the concrete the impulse drove the boat past its retention and it just flew off.

jmyers
05-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Look at the ramp it has a big lip on the start of the cement! The trailer is at an angle which looks like they tried to pull up and try again, and then it jolted the boat off while launching! Tires are sunk in the hole in the picture! :rolleyes:

Ric
05-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Look at the ramp it has a big lip on the start of the cement! The trailer is at an angle which looks like they tried to pull up and try again, and then it jolted the boat off while launching! Tires are sunk in the hole in the picture! :rolleyes:
It's washout from powerloading!!!!!

;)

86Craft
05-19-2006, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE=Ric]It's washout from powerloading!!!!!

:rant:

:uglyhamme

robisjo
05-19-2006, 05:52 PM
I actually saw something similar to this happen with an old tri-hull I/O. The guy had an old waterski rope instead of the nylon strap on the wench. When he pulled it out of the water, the rope broke and the boat slide off the trailer onto the concrete. My buddy and I looked at each other and thought what the hell we were going to do because we were next in line and of course he had launched in the middle of the ramp. Anyway, we and some other guys helped him get it back on the trailer. How? We unhooked the trailer from the truck and used the trailer as a lever. We put the tongue in the air, slide the rear of the trailer under the bow, and pushed the tongue down. We then put some logs under the bow, and proceeded to repeat those steps a couple more times. Once we could push the boat onto the trailer enough to get it back into the water, we hooked the trailer back up to the truck, and pushed the boat onto the trailer. The guy backed the boat into the water, tied a knot where the rope had broke and put it on the trailer all the way. It took all of about 15 minutes. It was like the guy had prior experience doing this. We still laugh at the tought of an old tri-hull sitting on the ramp.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
05-19-2006, 08:00 PM
this cant be good.
Ouch!!! I'll bet that's gonna leave a mark! :eek3: :rant:

TMCNo1
05-19-2006, 08:14 PM
this cant be good.

oh, and before someone else says it....it only an mb sports at least it wasnt a mastercraft

I'm suprised he's not driving a Dodge truck with a Hemi and new suspension and front end. I bet his buddy, who drives the Duster was in the boat!

rodltg2
05-19-2006, 08:29 PM
like this one...

Datdude
05-19-2006, 11:38 PM
I just bought a similar looking boat on EBAY

I have not had it out on the lake yet, but I got a killer deal on it :uglyhamme

Mi.mc
05-20-2006, 11:25 AM
where's the picture?

88 PS190
05-20-2006, 12:16 PM
hence the similarity. kind of a new age movement.

mcprostar197
05-20-2006, 01:06 PM
I saw that happen at a launch ramp last summer when I was jet skiing with some of my friends. Luckily, it was only some old piece of sh*t I/O, but I thought to myself how rediculously terrible that would be if it happened to me and my MC. (knock on wood it wont happen)