PDA

View Full Version : 04' X-2 Ballsast Issues????

skeeler
05-19-2006, 01:25 PM
I think this has been discussed before, but after doing a search I didn't find the answer I was looking for. So here goes.....As alot of you know I have 2004 X-2 with the factory ballast system. Towards the end of last year I was having problems with the starboard rear ballast tank shutting off when filling or draining. If I fill them individually I have know problem, just takes longer obviously. Before everyone yells impellers, the pumps and impellors have already been replaced. This must be some sort of wiring or switch problem. Any thoughts?

DanC
05-21-2006, 03:57 AM
Yes it has been beat to death here and on other forums. Losts of fixes and they all help. But the bottom line is the size of the wire to the pumps are right at the edge of marginal. So all these things like better impellers, teflon plates, loosen the houseing screws, clean up your wiring connectors, etc., help. Upgrade your wiring to a larger gauge.

skeeler
05-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Yes it has been beat to death here and on other forums. Losts of fixes and they all help. But the bottom line is the size of the wire to the pumps are right at the edge of marginal. So all these things like better impellers, teflon plates, loosen the houseing screws, clean up your wiring connectors, etc., help. Upgrade your wiring to a larger gauge.
Thats the no BS answer I was looking for! Thanks

skeeler
05-22-2006, 09:29 AM
One more question. I never really dug in there and looked around, but does anyone have a wiring digram of the ballast system in the 04' x-2? I plan on replacing the wiring as soon as possible don't want to miss anything. Thanks!