PDA

View Full Version : New Ski

stevo137
10-07-2004, 07:59 PM
I am ready for another ski. I love the fast turns and speed of the KD 7000. I also like the fact that it is stable in rough water.
I will be looking for a 66" that performs better than the KD. The faster, the better! ( I want to do this :eek3: when I ski on it!)
Perhaps the Maple or CDX. I had the seige prior to the KD and liked the way it handled but it would tend to pop out of the water on a hard edge. The KD has never done that.
I don't care if it is blemished or used, it will not look so pretty after I use it a few times anyway.
If anyone has something that they are interested in selling, let me know. I am planning on skiing hard early spring next season and focusing on real improvement.
I know that there are some very knowledgeable people out there and would greatly appreciate any input or suggestions.
Regards,
Stevo

TNH2oSkier
10-07-2004, 10:28 PM
If you like the KD 7000 then look for a D-3 TIghtline. It is a much faster, lighter version of the 7000. I went from a 7000 to a cdx, it was the wrong move for me. Then I went to the tightline it ski's great. If you really want fast then try out the X-5 or a C-4, the lighter and faster the ski is, the less forgiving.
www.d-3.com

Hoosier Bob
10-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Maybe at your age you should try the OLETIMER FWS (fat wide & slow down). Just kidding! Judging by your pics you like to pre, hook stop and pop! I have been skiing a old Connelly HP for ever (88) and have recently purchased a 2000 kd7000. I love the CHP but thought,"what the heck." Maybe we should get a collection of ski's in sizes 66-68 and try'em all. There are so many variables. Expensive as they are it would be nice to be sure. I am sure that we can find some takers. By the way I am 1965, just a pup 62'.
PS Bob and Tom recently:
Why do they call it "PMS"?
ANS: "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken!

H20skeefreek
10-08-2004, 06:40 AM
He didn't mention he was selling it, but skyskispokane mentioned a HO phantom that had only been in the water 1 this year, or maybe it was once in 2 years.

H20skeefreek
10-08-2004, 06:41 AM
If you like the KD 7000 then look for a D-3 TIghtline. It is a much faster, lighter version of the 7000. I went from a 7000 to a cdx, it was the wrong move for me. Then I went to the tightline it ski's great. If you really want fast then try out the X-5 or a C-4, the lighter and faster the ski is, the less forgiving.
www.d-3.com

that link is not to the d3 ski's site.

TNH2oSkier
10-08-2004, 06:54 AM
Sorry for the bad link try this.
www.d3skis.com

Call or email Paul Crawford at D-3, he is very helpful plus if you buy from them and dont like it, they will take it back and your just out shipping and a small fee.

They also have some good deals on there specials page.

stevo137
10-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Thanks guys!
All of those D-3's look great!
TNH, does that tightline have the same type of fin adjustment as the 7000 and how much better is it than the 7000?
I'm going to keep the 7000 for forgiveness but the next ski needs to be a launcher! :D

TNH2oSkier
10-09-2004, 12:39 PM
The fin box is not to bad on the Tightline. You make the adjustments without having to remove it. Its more similar to the HO and Obrian style then the older KD remove it to change it fin box. D-3 Has a pretty good starting point for each ski's fin set up.

east tx skier
10-09-2004, 10:39 PM
The Mapple is much, much faster than the CDX. My brother in law swears by his Connelly F1, which is also a very quick ski. I had a friend snap his D3 in half this year at 35 off. D3 was kind enough to replace it with an X-5.

Other fast skis to consider.
Goode
HO Monza

jimmer2880
10-12-2004, 06:40 AM
The Mapple is much, much faster than the CDX. My brother in law swears by his Connelly F1, which is also a very quick ski. I had a friend snap his D3 in half this year at 35 off. D3 was kind enough to replace it with an X-5.

Other fast skis to consider.
Goode
HO Monza
I love my Goode, but also know a friend who snapped his a couple years ago. They replaced it. They are super fast skis. I'm usually soo early to the ball, I need to kill time before turning. :eek3: