PDA

View Full Version : Woman's Ski - HO Siren or HO Espirit

BuoyChaser
05-17-2006, 01:51 PM
looking to get my wife on a better ski this season...she's 5'2" 120lbs and been skiing on 65" Connelly Hook...she likes the ski but she's just working to make a full pass at 26mph...she's so close, just needs something more stable and comfortable...especially since she's hopping across the wake at such slow speeds...

so looking at the:

HO SIREN 63", 65"
AFTER ESTABLISHING THE MONZA AS THE FASTEST, MOST ADVANCED SHAPE IN THE INDUSTRY, AND REALIZING THE UNMATCHED SUCCESS OF THE COMPETITION/FREERIDE SERIES, HO KNEW THE LOGICAL DECISION WAS TO BUILD A NEW SHAPED SKI WITH OUR NEW TECHNOLOGY. HOO TOOK THEIR HIGH END SKI, ADDED A LIGHT RIDING, WIDENED TIP, A DEFINED INSIDE RADIUS AND CREATED A SERIES THAT TRACKS LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN AND GIVES POWER ON DEMAND. FOR THE SKIER WANTING SUPREME PERFORMANCE IN A SHAPED SKI. BUILT WITH THE SAME SMALLER BEVELS, CONCAVE FLAT-SPOT AND BALANCED SIDEWALL AS THE MONZA, THE TRIUMPH IS SURE TO WIN SHAPED NATIONAL TITLES AND BECOME THE FREERIDE SKI OF CHOICE FOR THE INTERMEDIATE TO ADVANCED SKIER. SKI IN ANYH CONDITIONS ANY TIME. KEEP PUSHING, BECAUSE THE TRIUMPH WON'T STOP GIVING.
-------------------------------------
HO ESPIRIT 64", 66"
H-O Esprit Slalom- 64 or 66 inch size. Includes Wiley single or double highwrap plates. This is the best all-around womens ski on the market. Very stable with excellent turnability.
-------------------------------------
HO TRIUMPH 63", 65"
AFTER ESTABLISHING THE MONZA AS THE FASTEST, MOST ADVANCED SHAPE IN THE INDUSTRY, AND REALIZING THE UNMATCHED SUCCESS OF THE COMPETITION/FREERIDE SERIES, HO KNEW THE LOGICAL DECISION WAS TO BUILD A NEW SHAPED SKI WITH OUR NEW TECHNOLOGY. HOO TOOK THEIR HIGH END SKI, ADDED A LIGHT RIDING, WIDENED TIP, A DEFINED INSIDE RADIUS AND CREATED A SERIES THAT TRACKS LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN AND GIVES POWER ON DEMAND. FOR THE SKIER WANTING SUPREME PERFORMANCE IN A SHAPED SKI. BUILT WITH THE SAME SMALLER BEVELS, CONCAVE FLAT-SPOT AND BALANCED SIDEWALL AS THE MONZA, THE TRIUMPH IS SURE TO WIN SHAPED NATIONAL TITLES AND BECOME THE FREERIDE SKI OF CHOICE FOR THE INTERMEDIATE TO ADVANCED SKIER. SKI IN ANYH CONDITIONS ANY TIME. KEEP PUSHING, BECAUSE THE TRIUMPH WON'T STOP GIVING.

dmeeker-tt
05-17-2006, 02:06 PM
BuoyChaser - I have had great success with the Siren. I have put several girls/women on the 65" Siren and Triumph. They seem to choose which color they like best. Two of the girls are on the U of Illinois ski team. They liked the ski so much they have sold two more for me this spring. They are running 24 - 28 mph in the course.

Watching them both go from older traditional slaloms to the Siren has been great to watch. Besides all the smoother turn, more stable, no sinking etc. They have built up a trust in the ski and their ability. The boost in confidence is allowing them to progress much faster than they were with their old ski's.

My experience would push you to a 65" Siren or Triumph (Color).

If you have any questions, give me a call.

217-649-2698

www.theliquidedge.com

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Isnt the Triumph and the Siren the same ski except for color?? I thought its the same, only difference was the siren was finished in girly colors with butterflies and girly graphics.

BuoyChaser
05-17-2006, 11:55 PM
Isnt the Triumph and the Siren the same ski except for color?? I thought its the same, only difference was the siren was finished in girly colors with butterflies and girly graphics.
that's why i was curious???sounds familiar from the snow ski industry...

#47of100TeamMC
05-18-2006, 08:47 AM
Not to throw a wrench in your decision but, My wife skis a 65" Espirit. My Cousin skis a 65" Espirit and also, a friend I ski with occasionally his wife is on a 65" Espirit too. All 3 are really close in size to your wife. right around 5'1-3" and 110-125lbs. ( I hope they don't read this post, I just gave away their secrets.) They are all skiing at 28mph. and do really well and really enjoy the Espirit. I can't speak for the other girls, but i know my wife hasn't tried any other ski except the Espirit to compare with. I just know that she's happy with what she's on and she doens't want to change anything. she feels really comfortable. So I'm sure either one will be a good option for her to go with.

Good luck, Let us know what you choose and how she likes it!

BuoyChaser
05-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Not to throw a wrench in your decision but, My wife skis a 65" Espirit. My Cousin skis a 65" Espirit and also, a friend I ski with occasionally his wife is on a 65" Espirit too. All 3 are really close in size to your wife. right around 5'1-3" and 110-125lbs. ( I hope they don't read this post, I just gave away their secrets.) They are all skiing at 28mph. and do really well and really enjoy the Espirit. I can't speak for the other girls, but i know my wife hasn't tried any other ski except the Espirit to compare with. I just know that she's happy with what she's on and she doens't want to change anything. she feels really comfortable. So I'm sure either one will be a good option for her to go with.

Good luck, Let us know what you choose and how she likes it!
anyone have an Espirit to try???

#47of100TeamMC
05-18-2006, 01:05 PM
anyone have an Espirit to try???

Sure come on up... I'll trade ya for some instruction. :D I need to run with some boys in the 32' off range.

BuoyChaser
05-18-2006, 10:50 PM
Sure come on up... I'll trade ya for some instruction. :D I need to run with some boys in the 32' off range.
how close to St. Paul are you???

BuoyChaser
12-13-2007, 07:33 PM
anyone have an HO Siren 63" for sale???
http://hosports.com/gear/product?id=9180

pq2
12-13-2007, 07:42 PM
BC, I bought a Siren for my GF and she loves it, and it had helped her to improve. Also she loves the graphics so thats a plus.

No Skeez
12-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Not to knock the Esprit too hard, but it's old technology. We have had much better success with the Siren and Triumph. UMP and BuoyChaser, you are both correct, to a certain degree. Due to women being smaller and generally having a less dense bone structure, the Siren has a bit softer flex pattern due to a women's specific lay up. The skis do both come out of the same mold, but again, the Siren has a bit softer lay up for the ladies. Because of the slower speed, among other factors, I would definitely recommend the Siren over the Esprit. As Doug mentioned, it will be a lot more stable through the turns, while still providing an aggressive enough ride to tackle the course. Provided Fed Ex is running on time, I should have a new 63" Siren tomorrow by noon CST. Let me know if you've got any other questions, otherwise good luck with the decision!

Brian @ Redline
888-420-7547

BuoyChaser
12-13-2007, 07:52 PM
BC, I bought a Siren for my GF and she loves it, and it had helped her to improve. Also she loves the graphics so thats a plus.i loved the burner series, got into deep 35' at 30mph on it...so i'm sure it can only help my wife, especially the flashy flowers and sparkles!!!

pq2
12-13-2007, 08:01 PM
just be careful because once she has a ski with pink color on it, she will want a matching vest and gloves :rant:

That happend to me but now I really enjoy to see her so happy with all her girlie equipment :)

BuoyChaser
12-13-2007, 08:03 PM
just be careful because once she has a ski with pink color on it, she will want a matching vest and gloves :rant:

That happend to me but now I really enjoy to see her so happy with all her girlie equipment :)
ahh, she has been sportin' the girly gear for awhile now, but at INT Nats she picked up the matching Neo Long Sleeve Shirt & Vest from Jet Pilot in PINK!!!

it's the Pink/Baby Blue MasterCraft she's planning when we win the lottery that is scaring me!!!

pq2
12-13-2007, 08:08 PM
ahh, she has been sportin' the girly gear for awhile now, but at INT Nats she picked up the matching Neo Long Sleeve Shirt & Vest from Jet Pilot in PINK!!!

it's the Pink/Baby Blue MasterCraft she's planning when we win the lottery that is scaring me!!!

LOL :uglyhamme

thats why I will never let her see the pics of the pink MC!!!

Workin' 4 Toys
12-13-2007, 11:31 PM
LOL :uglyhamme

thats why I will never let her see the pics of the pink MC!!!

Apparently, we will never see it either.....;) Mike has been holding out on us.

Last I saw, it is for sale though