PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa News

kalanic
05-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Anyone been there this season yet? Hows the water? How high? Much Debris? ANy good upcoming events?

X2M
05-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Anyone been there this season yet? Hows the water? How high? Much Debris? ANy good upcoming events?

We were up there 3 times last week. Water is nice, about 75 degrees. As of saturday water was still going over the gloryhole...so the lake is high. Didn't see much debris in the water.

:)

kalanic
05-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Thats great news! I can't wait! Movin to Vacaville Friday & Saturday! Can't wait till thats done & I can get down to bussiness! Will be there for Memorial Day for sure!

rodltg2
05-17-2006, 01:22 PM
folsom lake is full of wood. they have a 5mile speed limit right now.

kalanic
05-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Not good! Never been there but have heard it can be nice.

rodltg2
05-17-2006, 01:32 PM
the scenery is nice if you what i mean. i wouldnt ski there though...

jmyers
05-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Not too sure about beryessa, but I know Pedro is full and full of debris(just ask my prop!) :mad:

rodltg2
05-17-2006, 01:37 PM
delta seemd clear to me. did you have any issues out there jeff??

kalanic
05-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Never been to Pedro either but would like to try it this year. I stay away from the Delta

jmyers
05-17-2006, 01:50 PM
delta seemd clear to me. did you have any issues out there jeff??
No, the Delta was great! The water was clear of debris, and cold! :eek: There was very few boats out and if we could have connected I could have skiied! Kalanic you should come out to our part of the delta it is alot of fun, I grew up out there and know all the good spots to go! :headbang:

rodltg2
05-17-2006, 01:54 PM
my temp guage said 64 , thats chilly with out a suit.. ski lake is about 76 now so im babied there

jmyers
05-17-2006, 01:56 PM
my temp guage said 64 , thats chilly with out a suit.. ski lake is about 76 now so im babied there
Definetly woke me up when I jumped in! :eek: At least when it is cold it means the snow runoff is coming down and the water is alot cleaner!

kalanic
05-17-2006, 01:57 PM
No, the Delta was great! The water was clear of debris, and cold! :eek: There was very few boats out and if we could have connected I could have skiied! Kalanic you should come out to our part of the delta it is alot of fun, I grew up out there and know all the good spots to go! :headbang:
Thats my biggest fear of the Delta is not knowing where to go & where to stay away. Underwater hazards. I would like to see what it is about though...Heard about alot of Glass!

jmyers
05-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Thats my biggest fear of the Delta is not knowing where to go & where to stay away. Underwater hazards. I would like to see what it is about though...Heard about alot of Glass!
There is really not alot of underwater hazzards, especialy higher up in the delta where we go! In the delta even if it is windy you can get in a channel where the wind is cut off! We put in at B&W on highway 12 and go up from there. We have a bar run in between skiing at some really cool places! And Rod has his houseboat close by too! So if you want we should get together and show you around, it breaks up going to the lakes all the time, especially on big lake weekends!

kalanic
05-17-2006, 02:05 PM
That sounds cool! I'll be ready after I move & get things settled in!

maha skier
05-21-2006, 01:35 PM
We are heading to Berryessa on Monday afternoon I'll post after we get back.....

kalanic
05-24-2006, 09:07 AM
We are heading to Berryessa on Monday afternoon I'll post after we get back.....
How was it?? We are headed up Saturday night for the big weekend!!

maha skier
05-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Water was a little chilly, but it was great. No traffic. Have fun and take photos..

kalanic
05-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanx Maha! Keep Ya Posted!

fortheboyz
06-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Anyone gone to McClure yet, going this weekend and wanted to know the debris situation. I dinged a prop last year with the girls around the same time (hubby wasn't happy :( ). I heard they have water snakes swimmin' around, yikes! Never been to Berryessa but we want to go this year. Anyone give info on it, i.e. where to stay with an RV, the best sites, etc.? Do you need reservations for the week & weekend? Thanks! :)

kalanic
06-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Anyone gone to McClure yet, going this weekend and wanted to know the debris situation. I dinged a prop last year with the girls around the same time (hubby wasn't happy :( ). I heard they have water snakes swimmin' around, yikes! Never been to Berryessa but we want to go this year. Anyone give info on it, i.e. where to stay with an RV, the best sites, etc.? Do you need reservations for the week & weekend? Thanks! :)
You will for sure need reservations! My favorites for camping at Berryessa have been Pleasure Cove & Spanish Flat. You will probably have beter luck during the week. We aal need to hook up one day & have a Berryessa Showdown!

fortheboyz
06-15-2006, 12:08 PM
You will for sure need reservations! My favorites for camping at Berryessa have been Pleasure Cove & Spanish Flat. You will probably have beter luck during the week. We aal need to hook up one day & have a Berryessa Showdown!

Have you been to Don Pedro? Our friends swear by it in the summer but yet again, never been there! We get comfortable with certain lakes but a Berryessa trip sounds excellent.

kalanic
06-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Never been but also have heard nothin but good! Would love to try it! I like Berryessa because its only 30 minutes from me to the launch at Markley Cove. Not a bad lake.

maristarman
06-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Have you been to Don Pedro? Our friends swear by it in the summer but yet again, never been there! We get comfortable with certain lakes but a Berryessa trip sounds excellent.

Been to Don Pedro 3 times. Stayed at Fleming Meadows each time. Big lake. Relatively easy to find smooth water somewhere.

Stay at Spanish Flat when we go to Berryessa.

We like them both.

Hotter than blazes at Don Pedro in the summer.

fortheboyz
06-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Been to Don Pedro 3 times. Stayed at Fleming Meadows each time. Big lake. Relatively easy to find smooth water somewhere.

Stay at Spanish Flat when we go to Berryessa.

We like them both.

Hotter than blazes at Don Pedro in the summer.
Thanks for the info. :) Our friends mentioned Flemming Meadows. Looked at the website, can you moor your boat next to the sites. We have an RV and from the looks of it in H loop, sites 25, 28 & 30 look like they are almost on the water. Guess I'll just have to take a day trip to both lakes to check it out!! :steering:

kalanic
06-15-2006, 04:00 PM
I like Spanish Flat as well. Very easy launch, very wide & pull straight foward to park. They have very nice sites on the water & nice facilities, store, showers, etc.

kalanic
06-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Anyone headed up for 4th of July weekend????

fortheboyz
06-23-2006, 03:34 PM
I think we are headed up to Shasta. Not sure if we can get the time off on Monday which will cancel the plans. :(