PDA

View Full Version : My crappy day on the creek...

Faded & X9-Rated
05-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Threw the boat (2004 X9) in the water last week, it was cloudy with a little wind.. looked crappy outside, but i knew the creek would be glassy. ..well about 1000 yards off the boat ramp, my alarm went off.. my oil pressure was around 5! I ran the boat pretty good a few days before, just cruisin.. & it read about 50.. ?? Well, my buddy's dock was close by & i hobbled over there & checked the compartment (i was hopin' there wouldn't be oil everywhere! There wasn't) & checked the dipstick.. & checked again.. There was barely any oil! ?? Well luckily my buddy had some oil for his nautique & let me use some & we were off, pressure around 40-45 now..

Weighted the foool outta the X9 & had a pretty nice wake... Then my buddy ran over the HANDLE.. :cry: It was his rope.. we couldn't get it unwrapped (bc the damn handle was lodged btwn the prop & the boat..) His dad came & towed us back to his dock, we put my boat on his lift & dislodged (after ab 30 minutes!) the handle.. While putting the boat back in the water... the lift broke.............

We fixed it.. & i went home! Screw it!! I just dropped the boat off @ our boat dealership (Dell Marine in Jacksonville FL) to have our engine spec. check out the motor & make sure everything's ok.. but man what a S#$ty day on the water.. Oh well.. coulda been worse I guess..

-Steve

shepherd
05-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Great (I mean terrible) story F&X9R. I hope the sh#$ttiness is over and doesn't continue when you get the bill from Dell Marine! :(

boatless
05-17-2006, 12:13 PM
You never did tell us what happen to the rest of the oil. Any idea ?

zberger
05-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Did you happen to change the oil, and forget to put some back in?

Or worse, did the dealer?

Davo
05-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Did you happen to change the oil, and forget to put some back in?

Or worse, did the dealer?

Yeah, um, I'm no mechanical expertician but that much oil doesn't just disappear....zberger might be onto something... :popcorn:

What the heck did you do to the dude's lift? :D ;) :confused:

6ballsisall
05-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Dang! I'd be worried about the oil situation. 5 quarts of oil doesn't just dissapear without a major problem. Keep us updated