PDA

View Full Version : MC copied again??

sand2snow22
05-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Does this look familiar? I think I've heard the marketing before, too?

www.mbsports.net

Datdude
05-16-2006, 11:11 PM
I think I have seen something similar to that before :confused:

Immitation is the greatest form of flattery :D

Mag_Red
05-16-2006, 11:17 PM
The two speed transmission was pretty cool :headbang:

SKI*MC
05-16-2006, 11:21 PM
THOSE B@*%$ES! Seven years in the making my A$$! This really makes me mad. But i guess this proves it, that MasterCraft really is the leader, and everything else is the follower!

sand2snow22
05-16-2006, 11:28 PM
But i guess this proves it, that MasterCraft really is the leader, and everything else is the follower!

I agree, keep innovating Mastercraft......

Didn't Mastercraft come out with swivel board racks? Now look at all the followers. The list continues......

SKI*MC
05-16-2006, 11:30 PM
That the the moneque contruction too I'm pretty sure. They started doing that in 83. (Injecting the stringers with foam instead of wood.)

Leroy
05-16-2006, 11:55 PM
It's a pickle boat! Who has been making those for awhile???

SKI*MC
05-17-2006, 12:04 AM
must give them credit for the 2 speed transmision however. That is slick!

http://www.mbsports.net/transmissions.asp

rodltg2
05-17-2006, 12:19 AM
lame, although mb sport makes agreat boat.. you'd think that they would be a bit more original..

JDK
05-17-2006, 12:19 AM
Actually, open bow pickle boats have been around for a long time.......not just tunnels, but Mod VP's with an open bow. This is what both the MC and MB remind me of.

Leroy
05-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Why MC did not have multispeed transmission was one of my first questions when I joined the board!

Faded & X9-Rated
05-17-2006, 12:29 AM
How would perfect pass work with that multi-speed tranny?

Leroy
05-17-2006, 12:32 AM
The same as now, except RPM mode would have a potential problem around shift RPM.

How would perfect pass work with that multi-speed tranny?

SD190EVO
05-17-2006, 09:15 AM
"Eat your head" ????

kalanic
05-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Yeah...What the heck is "eat your head"???? Weird! There are leaders & there are followers. We all decided to be leaders with MC!

zberger
05-17-2006, 10:13 AM
If I recall, the 2spd tranny is not use for "shifting" persay.. its better use the boat for different events..

maintains better gas mileage for towing a wakeboarder..

if you are towing a fatty like me.. having the low end torque to get outta the water would be invaluable..

and 2500 lbs of ballast available :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

SKI*MC
05-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Thats how much weight they need to throw a wake of the X-Star. Which has half the ballast.

zberger
05-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Thats how much weight they need to throw a wake of the X-Star. Which has half the ballast.

Its all about hull design and engineering.. Hopefully someday I will be able to own an MC..

Its definetely a dream :)

Davo
05-17-2006, 12:17 PM
It looks pretty original to me. Yes, it's a "pickle fork" type design, but it looks very different (i.e. wider) compared to the MC's. In addition, look at the bottom/center "v" of the hull from the front view....definitely original.

TMCNo1
05-17-2006, 12:30 PM
The picture at the end of the video tells a little different story than the pic in the video. I guess we will just have to wait and see the real product. Much like the auto industry, the renderings of a proposed product and a concept model is usually different than the real product that actually arrives on the market.
Someone was bound to follow in MasterCrafts footsteps, but I wouldn't have thought it would have been MB. That's what I get for thinking, anyway it sucks!

P-hat_in_Cincy
05-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Does someone want to help a fellow MC'er out by summarizing what the link is about? There must be some content on the site that is causing it to be 'websensed.'

"The Websense category "Supplements and Unregulated Compounds" is filtered." :confused:

TMCNo1
05-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Does someone want to help a fellow MC'er out by summarizing what the link is about? There must be some content on the site that is causing it to be 'websensed.'

"The Websense category "Supplements and Unregulated Compounds" is filtered." :confused:

According to the link in the thread, post #1, MB Boats is coming out with a 23' Pickle Fork boat simular to MC's X-2, X-Star, X-45, X-80, etc.

Jim@BAWS
05-17-2006, 02:17 PM
WOW I put in my ZIPCODE 34639 and the closest dealer is in Virginia
688.4 miles away...I can't wait to get one.

Jim@BAWS

The mission statement is WAY OFF. Lets copy another persons idea
and sell it !!!

rodltg2
05-17-2006, 02:23 PM
i know jim , mc is be all end all for you. but those are good boats.. my 190 plus was awesome..

jmyers
05-17-2006, 02:25 PM
WOW I put in my ZIPCODE 34639 and the closest dealer is in Virginia
688.4 miles away...I can't wait to get one.

Jim@BAWS

The mission statement is WAY OFF. Lets copy another persons idea
and sell it !!!
Jim, if you really want one they are 30 minutes from me! I think I am going to trade my MC in tonight! :D

G-man
05-17-2006, 02:59 PM
According to the link in the thread, post #1, MB Boats is coming out with a 23' Pickle Fork boat simular to MC's X-2, X-Star, X-45, X-80, etc.

They forgot to mention the Cobalt pickle fork that came out a year prior to all those MC's.

rodltg2
05-17-2006, 03:13 PM
oh oh jim...

Diesel
05-17-2006, 03:20 PM
They forgot to mention the Cobalt pickle fork that came out a year prior to all those MC's.

There were plenty of pickle forks before MC. I am quite confident the pickle fork design was not one of MC's innovations...........the borrowed it from someone else and intergated it into their offering.

Why does anyone care anyway. I thought most of you were anti-pickle fork anyway............ :D

Jim@BAWS
05-17-2006, 03:34 PM
The guy who did the design work on the FAILED Cobalt hull. (Early release to beat out MC) was the same designer for MC.

You are right Rod, I do LIVE SLEEP AND S__T MasterCraft...Its my job and I represent THE BEST PRODUCT out there. For a guy who currently does not own one himself it sures seems like you want one again awful bad. MC is the be all end all for me.

Which 190 are you talking about? They can't even come up with and original # for their boat.

TOMCAT try COPYCAT

Jim@BAWS

6ballsisall
05-17-2006, 03:36 PM
For a guy who currently does not own one himself it sures seems like you want one again awful bad. MC is the be all end all for me.

Jim@BAWS

Uhh........that gets a TRU DAT!!! :cool:

_DiZZ_
05-17-2006, 03:59 PM

I agree :worthy:

Diesel
05-17-2006, 04:25 PM
You are right Rod, I do LIVE SLEEP AND S__T MasterCraft...Its my job and I represent THE BEST PRODUCT out there. For a guy who currently does not own one himself it sures seems like you want one again awful bad. MC is the be all end all for me.

Which 190 are you talking about? They can't even come up with and original # for their boat.

TOMCAT try COPYCAT

Jim@BAWS

Is it time to pass the Kool-Aid? :rolleyes:

rodltg2
05-17-2006, 04:32 PM
i may want one in the future, but im happy with what i have now. if i wanted one i would have just bought another one.

zberger
05-17-2006, 04:47 PM
There were plenty of pickle forks before MC. I am quite confident the pickle fork design was not one of MC's innovations...........the borrowed it from someone else and intergated it into their offering.

Why does anyone care anyway. I thought most of you were anti-pickle fork anyway............ :D

I'd rock one.. too bad there are no lakes around here big enough for an X-Star.. :steering:

Mi.mc
05-17-2006, 05:07 PM
it'd be pretty sweet to have a 2 speed boat....

TMCNo1
05-17-2006, 07:16 PM
it'd be pretty sweet to have a 2 speed boat....

.......and a 2 speed rear end under a Mazda pick-up to tow it with!

bkhallpass
05-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Clearly I dont' know who copied who, and not trying to cause any controversy. Just a point of interest for those who might care.

Mike Brendel, owner and chief designer of MB Sports, and his family were making picklefork boats before Mastercraft ever came into existence. Mike's father Irv Brendel designed hondo drag boats. Irv is a legend in drag boat racing, a member of its hall of fame. His picklefork dragsters set numerous records. Irv also helped Mike build and design the original Ski Brendella and MB Sport boats. Unfortunately, Irv has now passed away. BKH

88 PS190
05-17-2006, 10:04 PM
what i was interested in and still haven't determined is who is producing the 2 speed transmissions.

It'd seem to me, that since all other ski boats use engines and trans from just a few manufacturers that this transmission is somewhere on the market and able to be retrofitted.

I think there may be a market for it in the barefoot crowd to get an overdrive to reach speeds up to 60 like the outboards do.

Although, the shifter/throttle's mounting plate looked really shotty in the pictures, that piece would deter me from the purchase of one of those boats.

rodltg2
05-17-2006, 11:26 PM
i think pcm makes it

JDK
05-18-2006, 12:41 AM
what i was interested in and still haven't determined is who is producing the 2 speed transmissions.

A 2 speed transmissions in boat is not new. Merc used to sell one called BlackTrac for use on their stern drives. Lots of high perf. v-drives use them too. I'm sure if you picked up an issue of Hotboat Mag. you'd find advertisements from people selling them.

TMCNo1
05-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Clearly I dont' know who copied who, and not trying to cause any controversy. Just a point of interest for those who might care.

Mike Brendel, owner and chief designer of MB Sports, and his family were making picklefork boats before Mastercraft ever came into existence. Mike's father Irv Brendel designed hondo drag boats. Irv is a legend in drag boat racing, a member of its hall of fame. His picklefork dragsters set numerous records. Irv also helped Mike build and design the original Ski Brendella and MB Sport boats. Unfortunately, Irv has now passed away. BKH

The pickle fork design is not new, you are right, but, MC did design it into the first pickle fork inboard tournament type skiboat and now MB, a inboard tournament type skiboat manufacturer has followed MasterCrafts lead and designed it into a boat in their lineup.
Much like the 2 speed transmission [powerglide], they have been around for a long time too and MB apparently was the first to use a 2 speed of some kind in a inboard tournament type skiboat.
Can you see the trash talking that would go on if MC came out with a 2 speed transmission in one of its boats?...............Nuff said!

Diesel
05-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Can you see the trash talking that would go on if MC came out with a 2 speed transmission in one of its boats?...............Nuff said!

No, the Kool-aid drinking sheeple would all praise MC as the "true and original" innovator of the 2 speed transmission in a "world record holding" tournament inboard.............. or some other spin would be put on it to make it 1% truth. :rolleyes: :D

rodltg2
05-18-2006, 01:54 PM
are mc innovators german? dont they claim they invented everything :D
the boats are about as complicated as a mercedes..!

bcampbe7
05-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Is this thread beginning to head down the wrong path?
Let's try to keep this discussion civil... :toast:

JDK
05-18-2006, 02:03 PM
The pickle fork design is not new, you are right, but, MC did design it into the first pickle fork inboard tournament type skiboat and now MB, a inboard tournament type skiboat manufacturer has followed MasterCrafts lead and designed it into a boat in their lineup.

The MC and MB pickleforks aren't tournament ski boats.....they're V-drive wakeboard boats.
I don't think anybody has innovated anything regarding this hull or the transmission.
(I'm ready for Kool-Aide to be thrown at me :D )

TMCNo1
05-18-2006, 04:21 PM
The MC and MB pickleforks aren't tournament ski boats.....they're V-drive wakeboard boats.
I don't think anybody has innovated anything regarding this hull or the transmission.
(I'm ready for Kool-Aide to be thrown at me :D )

Sorry for the misrepresentation, I forgot V-drives weren't inboards and V-drive wakeboard boats were never used in any type watersport tournament! That's what I get for being old and out of touch! :eek: Excuse me for being such a dumb azz!

TMC
05-18-2006, 04:29 PM
are mc innovators german? dont they claim they invented everything :D
the boats are about as complicated as a mercedes..!

No you are thinking of Al Gore... he invented everything!

G-man
05-18-2006, 05:08 PM
"now thats funny, I don't care who you are"

TMCNo1
05-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Where is Al Gore from, Tennessee? Oh yea, and MasterCraft is in Tennessee, well then there you have it. German innovative politicians, building boats that look like and run like Mercedes on moonshine. I guess another skiboat mfg. in the area didn't pay the lobbyist enough to get Al's ideas!

JDK
05-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Sorry for the misrepresentation, I forgot V-drives weren't inboards and V-drive wakeboard boats were never used in any type watersport tournament! That's what I get for being old and out of touch! :eek: Excuse me for being such a dumb azz!

Nice....that was Sharkelberry Fruit Punch :)