PDA

View Full Version : Water for fuel

ski_king
05-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Check this (http://www.rratch.com/Misc/WaterFuel/WaterFuel.wmv) out.

bcampbe7
05-17-2006, 12:07 AM
That news lady's comment at the end was my thought exactly.

Pretty awesome though.

jayderwin1
05-17-2006, 12:07 AM
that is amazing, is this some kind of BS. this is the first i've heard of water power. this should be on news channels top story!

Blair
05-17-2006, 12:11 AM
how long before some oil baron buys him out... or he turns into jimmy hoffa

SKI*MC
05-17-2006, 12:28 AM
finally! this is cool. Wouldnt it be cool to never have to fill up the boat? It just picks up the water out of the lake, filters it, and burns it!?

Leroy
05-17-2006, 01:17 AM
I hope there is some truth to this, I think there must be something else going on.....if you seriously completed a 100mile trip on 4 ounces of water I think there would be a bit more fanfare!

JimN
05-17-2006, 03:18 AM
If water burned, do you think a fire could be put out with it?

ski_king
05-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Sounds like a hoax or scam to me.

Here is another link: http://hytechapps.com/

Myth Busters just did a test on something like this and the car would not start. No big suprise here.

Of course it would be nice if it worked. We cpuld keep on running the boats until the lake went dry.

djhuff
05-17-2006, 08:48 AM
Think about it, what are water's components, Hydrogen and Oxygen. Hydrogen burns quite well and oxygen facilitates combustion. Don't know if i believe its been done yet, but I think with the right technology it is possible

michael freeman
05-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Sounds like a hoax or scam to me.

Here is another link: http://hytechapps.com/

Myth Busters just did a test on something like this and the car would not start. No big suprise here.

Of course it would be nice if it worked. We cpuld keep on running the boats until the lake went dry.

I second the hoax idea. You can split H2O into two H and one O via electric current, and then get the energy you put into it back out by burning it, but you are not going to get 100 miles out of 4 ounces of water.

MYMC
05-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Anyone notice the size of the electrical cables in the car? Don't the laws of physics dictate that you'll never get back as much energy as you put in? (matter/anti-matter...DiVinci Code stuff)

You need 3 times the amount of hydrogen to equal the caloric output of gasoline. We built a car called the GS90 out in California (late 80's early 90's) and converted a ZR-1 engine to run on Hydrogen. The goal was to make the same power levels...unfortunatley we couldn't do it as no one made injectors large enough to flow enough to keep up.

Smokey had an idea of running a car on water in the 60's he sold the idea to GM and it has never been heard of since.

Workin' 4 Toys
05-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Not that it's WATER, but there are some working on Hydrogen powered cars. There was a hydrogen powered Hummer at the chicago auto show.
And the concept Superchief Ford as well.
Of course neither were running while I was there.....:o

sizzler
05-17-2006, 10:49 AM
we have a hydrogen powered bus around our way......the only emissions are water......... :steering: