PDA

View Full Version : Skurfing question

blackbeauty02
05-16-2006, 03:52 PM
I was wondering what (and if) I need to do to be able to skurf behind my 92 prostar 205. I've done it behind a new X-30 but don't know if my boat will allow me too. I want to find out before I go buy the skurf board. I've got two 500 lbs. fat sacs if those are needed. I've heard to put all the weight to the side I'm going to be doing it on. Will I be able to creat a big enough wake to do it? Thanks guys.

rodltg2
05-16-2006, 03:53 PM
i didnt know people still skurfed!!! :uglyhamme

PendO
05-16-2006, 04:19 PM
i didnt know people still skurfed!!! :uglyhamme

Rod, I know you have one of those old hot pink skurfers laying around ...:)

Yes, you will be able to put enough weight into the 205 to SURF, the larger the board (surface area) the easier it is to surf on a smaller wake ... not sure how much weight in the fat sacks, but put some fat dudes on the transom and you are good to go, having never surfed behind a 205 I can only guess that it will take a while to dial in the wake ... if you have perfect pass try to go around 9.8mph.

rodltg2
05-16-2006, 04:22 PM
i sure do..

vegashomeexpert
05-16-2006, 07:47 PM
I was wondering what (and if) I need to do to be able to skurf behind my 92 prostar 205. I've done it behind a new X-30 but don't know if my boat will allow me too. I want to find out before I go buy the skurf board. I've got two 500 lbs. fat sacs if those are needed. I've heard to put all the weight to the side I'm going to be doing it on. Will I be able to creat a big enough wake to do it? Thanks guys.
We all know what you mean.... (They call it wake surfing fyi). Yes, put the weight on the side of the boat that the surfer is on (left foot forward is port) as far back as possible. If you have any wide bodies on board, do not let them sit on the sun pad as they have a tendancy to slip off and break your swim platform bracket. Set perfect pass for 10 mph for starters and play with it up or down to get the cleanest wake. Turn slightly in the direction of the surfer to clean up the wake. Go to Http://www.inlandsurfer.com for lots of good instruction and safety tips. Lots of fun at the end of the day when you are too tired to do anything else. :toast:

Hoosier Bob
05-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Remember to get up real early and go in big circles! That way I can switch to tubing at around 5:30 a.m. instead of waiting until 9:00 or so! 8p

roddydog
05-16-2006, 08:53 PM
HAHAHA Like you're up at 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoosier Bob
05-16-2006, 08:59 PM
No! But I know people who are, smart arse! :D HAHAHA Like you're up at 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!