PDA

View Full Version : Music show pics inside

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Here's the pics from the show last saturday night. It was good. Fun show. thought I would show you some pics.

Vocals on "Love Hurts" by Nazareth(originally Roy Orbison)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/donblueguitarnet.jpg

The outro solo on "Hotel California" by the Eagles(this was the show pinnacle) my co-guitarist and I worked on this since January. We got it nailed!!! Crowd went crazy during the end solo!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/donandjohnnet.jpg

Acoustic 12 string Intro piece on "Hotel" The crowd responed in the first 3 seconds of the song, they identified it that quickly. it was a crowd pleaser for sure.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/Don12stringnet.jpg

If I can figure out how to put my DVD onto the net, I could post some video too.

erkoehler
05-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Nice pics UMP.....nice pants too!

05-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks Erk. I know Ric digs the pants. :uglyhamme

I have to see if I have a pic of me playing the keyboards on "I'm a believer"

Hoosier Bob
05-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Great pics UMP! I here Mag Fest is still short on entertainment! Any original cuts? If you are singing Nazareth I think you could cue up Whiskey Drinkin' Woman for ole Hoosier! I burned that album up! Yes I said album and cue in the same post! By the way cue was in reference to a turntable. Of course I also had the eight track but can't remember in which songs the fades were placed. Send some clips! :D

MarkP
05-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Great shots UMP!!!http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/jasons_smilie/guitarist.gif!!!

Ric
05-14-2006, 08:13 PM
ump I asked you nicely for no more leather pants pics!!!!!

hey is that jerry jeff walker in the pic with you? ;)

05-14-2006, 08:26 PM
NOt that I know of Ric, he didnt identify his self as JJW. :D Sorry, my geriatric groupies love the pants man :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

Hoosier Bob
05-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Are you sure that is not Pleather? :D Can't wait for you to get some links to your tunes!
[QUOTE=Upper Michigan Prostar190]NOt that I know of Ric, he didnt identify his self as JJW. :D Sorry, my geriatric groupies love the pants man

05-14-2006, 08:33 PM
OK, so how do I email these videos to you? I have them on DVD. HOw do I emai, them???

bcampbe7
05-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Very cool UMP!

As for the videos, put them on www.putfile.com and post a link here.

Footin
05-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Kinda reminds me of a young Rick Springfield.

6ballsisall
05-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Cool pics Ump! Hope you had a good time, it looks like it from the pics!!

mbeach
05-14-2006, 09:54 PM
UMP -- used to play with a group in college in the early 60's. we played a place in daytona beach called the beach party. another group called the almond joy's was playing the martineque around the corner. they sat in our breaks and we theirs. long and short of story is that our durmmer was butch trucks who later became durmmer with the almond brothers. bottom line is that i had a ball playing in a band and would not trade it for anything. it was fun, met a lot of chicks, made some $$$, and got a college degree. life is good!

Mag_Red
05-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Great Pics Ump! With the leather pants all I can say is I'm glad you lost that weight :D

SKI*MC
05-14-2006, 10:36 PM
thats sweet stuff man! I want to organize a band, but finding everyone that has the same interest in music, and who wants the same sound is harder to come across...

SteveO
05-15-2006, 08:04 AM
hey is that jerry jeff walker in the pic with you? ;)
Only a Texan would think JJW LOL.

stevo137
05-15-2006, 08:24 AM
[QUOTE=If I can figure out how to put my DVD onto the net, I could post some video too.[/QUOTE]

Photobucket, up to 5 minutes.

05-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Thanks all. it was a good time.

HB, not pleather man, its the real deal!!! :D

Mag, yea, the "old" me wouldnt look to appealing in leather pants... :eek:

I am still working on the posting video thing. :)

I think Ric is out shopping for some leather pants now.....anyone seen him around since last evening...... ;)

oldschool84
05-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Very cool man, and those pants Classic :guitar:

Hoosier Bob
05-15-2006, 10:14 AM
We don't care what you wear as long as you are wearing something and sound cool! :guitar: Can you do Jesse's Girl for us on the dvd? Where can I find a woman like that?
PS Back to work! Sell something today! :D

Workin' 4 Toys
05-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Is that last pic of Kevin Bacon.....:rolleyes:

6ballsisall
05-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Ump when does your super hero CD come out??? :worthy:

east tx skier
05-15-2006, 10:39 AM
Nice pics, UMP. Can we get a wav clip of your "heavy metal scream"?

05-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Nice pics, UMP. Can we get a wav clip of your "heavy metal scream"?
I am trying to learn how to post vid clips eastie, but I am somewhat of a dummy when it comes to that.... :o it may take time, bear with me please......

speaking of heavy metal screams, I think my mom snapped that first picture during the high heavy metal scream on "Love Hurts"....ya know the break in middle of the song on the line "their not fooling me". That highest note is right at the very top of my vocal range, so I have to really push myself to hit it, which makes it sound cool cuz my voice just starts to break like the guy from Nazareth. :cool:

05-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Ump when does your super hero CD come out??? :worthy:
NOw theres an idea...... :cool: :D

6ballsisall
05-15-2006, 10:56 AM
NOw theres an idea...... :cool: :D

I'd even settle for a "live" in concert CD. When is your next gig?

05-15-2006, 11:03 AM
I'd even settle for a "live" in concert CD. When is your next gig?
I dont play out that often JR, few times a year. I dont play at all in summer, thats ski time. SO maybe in the fall. I will see what I can do. The weather is so darn crappy here, maybe I can put together a collage of a few performances and mail it to you on DVD or something.....

east tx skier
05-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Hope you dedicated a tune to Erk.

/closing time.

6ballsisall
05-15-2006, 11:04 AM
I dont play out that often JR, few times a year. I dont play at all in summer, thats ski time. SO maybe in the fall. I will see what I can do. The weather is so darn crappy here, maybe I can put together a collage of a few performances and mail it to you on DVD or something.....

That would be cool! I can send you some blank DVDs

05-15-2006, 11:24 AM
That would be cool! I can send you some blank DVDs
OK, I will work on it. I will see what the weather does and I will pick away at getting compliation together so you fellas can see some tunes on DVD. :) That way you will know I can actually play the guitar and its not just some pictures of me onstage holding a guitar :uglyhamme

Ric
05-15-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm disgusted, but here :noface:

LakePirate
05-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Sick Moves UMP, Sick Moves.

05-15-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm disgusted, but here :noface:
Oh come on now Ric its not that bad, Im not wearing leather pants in all the shows. only 2!!! The rest were either more traditional 2 piece suits, or dress pants, blue jeans, T shirts, etc... :wavey:

lakey, how sick are my moves?? :confused:

Ric
05-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Your superhero name is now LEATHERMANNNNNNNN

Oh come on now Ric its not that bad, Im not wearing leather pants in all the shows. only 2!!! The rest were either more traditional 2 piece suits, or dress pants, blue jeans, T shirts, etc... :wavey:

sizzler
05-15-2006, 11:51 AM
come on.......surely only david hasselhof is allowed to wear leather trousers :banana:

05-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Your superhero name is now LEATHERMANNNNNNNN
What are my super powers then? whats my angle, my scheme? my motif? :confused:

LakePirate
05-15-2006, 11:55 AM

Sick Moves (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sick)

Ric
05-15-2006, 11:56 AM
What are my super powers then? whats my angle, my scheme? my motif? :confused:
oh no no, you aren't dragging me into that one 8p

Leroy
05-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Nice shots UMP! You don't do any Elvis songs do you?

05-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Ric, you big chicken!! 8p :uglyhamme

Leroy, Thanks. I havent done Elvis yet, but I can sing most of his stuff. I have to work on the lower pitched stuff though. I have a very high voice, and I have a difficult time singing low stuff. I can sing Journey, Styx, Rush, Chicago, that type of stuff. Very high voice. If I can get a good Elvis routine worked up, my Mom will make me a custome. She is a maestro with a sewing machine and could make one helluva Elvis costume, its been in the back of my head for a while now......

Lakey, thanks for the sick compliment :toast:

stevo137
05-15-2006, 12:25 PM
I am trying to learn how to post vid clips eastie, but I am somewhat of a dummy when it comes to that.... :o it may take time, bear with me please......

:
It took me some time too but I finally posted a short vid using photo bucket on my music thread.
There was a media software upgrade that I needed to do before it would work.

05-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Can you edit the video length? I mean like if there is time limits, can I put like half a song or something to conserve space?? I have a DVD but its got everyone else on there too, like 3.5 hrs of songs of other perfromers. how do I get just my band on there??

LakePirate
05-15-2006, 12:31 PM
You can use Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) to edit the voice files, don't know if it will do video. It's free

bcampbe7
05-15-2006, 12:33 PM
UMP-
If you are using Windows, you probalby have Windows Movie Maker on your PC. It is pretty simple to use and is free.
Go to Start-->Programs-->Accessories-->Windows Movie Maker.

You will need to rip the DVD to your hard drive and then import your video to this software. Once imported you can edit the video to your liking.
Save your video to your hard drive then upload it to Photobucket or Putfile or whatever hosting site you choose.

We need a TMC video hosting site. :cool:

stevo137
05-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Can you edit the video length? I mean like if there is time limits, can I put like half a song or something to conserve space?? I have a DVD but its got everyone else on there too, like 3.5 hrs of songs of other perfromers. how do I get just my band on there??
Longer than 5 minutes are auto truncated. I used my camera for mine and the audio/vidio is off time. Not sure about taking it from a DVD and editing.

05-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Maybe I will just put a DVD together and mail it to who ever wants to see it.....depending on how many htere are....

Hoosier Bob
05-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Are you earning a living at it yet? I'll help you get started! Put me down for one and yes I will pay (fair value of course)! :D If you plan on doing this for a living you had better get use to asking for $ and marketing early, often and upon every opportunity! We can afford one DVD just be ready to handle the accolades and the criticism equally.
Take care :D
Maybe I will just put a DVD together and mail it to who ever wants to see it.....depending on how many htere are....

TMCNo1
05-16-2006, 07:17 PM
Just read the thread and posts, didn't think it was anything I'd be interested in, WOW!, Super Hero LEATHERMANNNNNNNNNN is my hero! Good deal! ROCK ON!
Next thing you know UMP will have a tour bus, big mansion in Beverly Hills, a Orange County Chopper and having a Chevy HHR pimped out at a cost of $93,000 on UNIQUE WHIPS!
Please remember us when you get famous!

Hoosier Bob
05-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Uh, that would be Pleatherman! :D
Just read the thread and posts, didn't think it was anything I'd be interested in, WOW!, Super Hero LEATHERMANNNNNNNNNN is my hero! Good deal! ROCK ON!
Next thing you know UMP will have a tour bus, big mansion in Beverly Hills, a Orange County Chopper and having a Chevy HHR pimped out at a cost of $93,000 on UNIQUE WHIPS!

suedv
01-15-2008, 08:33 PM

Just wondering if you've hit the famous mark with the music yet?

sand2snow22
01-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Nice UMP, great songs.....