PDA

View Full Version : Bad day jumping yesterday

tex
05-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Every year I teach jump clinic for our 3 event club. It usually is just alot of people who want to experience jumping for the 1st time. I usually drag about 20 people over the jump. I rack up about 100 jumps in a day. It is a total blast watching everybody jump for the 1st time. It is usually my best day at the lake. Not yesterday...At the end of the day, one of our members who has jumped before asked me to go with him. I thought that I was going to hold him as he rode over but he said he was comfortable and just wanted me to ride beside him. I was on his right and he slipped out bad on the ramp and took me out. His skis went into my knee as I tried to land. Totally smoked! Got my left knee and right groin. My friend who is a PT was in the boat and she did every test on me right there on the swim deck and she is almost certain that it is a smoked ACL. The groin maybe torn too! F!
The buddy was from Wisconson. Maybe he can ask Brett for some Vicoden. LD's, flips, gainers, and helis and I get smoked on an f'n ride over! I did feel for my buddy. He was sick about it. To use the movie quote thread...My advice to you is to start drinking heavily! Ohh, one more thing...Steve Owens wussed out and did not show up!

erkoehler
05-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Damn the bad luck.....ride over's will get you every time!

bigmac
05-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Sorry about the knee, Tex. Get it looked at ASAP, and hit the physical therapy hard - you want to minimize loss of quadriceps strength.

Larryp
05-14-2006, 05:26 PM
Tore my ACL in high school, I was snow skiing two months later, without doctors permission of course. You won't be able to run at full speed for nine months or walk very fast for that matter. I went on to play football the next year in college. Have fun and do the PT.

6ballsisall
05-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Man so sorry to hear it Tex! Go get it looked at. Always better to find out whats going on with your body than to tough it out and have more damage later. Take care man!

bigmac
05-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Tore my ACL in high school, I was snow skiing two months later, without doctors permission of course. You won't be able to run at full speed for nine months or walk very fast for that matter. I went on to play football the next year in college. Have fun and do the PT.

My worry about an unrepaired ACL tear would be an unstable knee, with premature joint wear, early degenerative arthritis, and a total knee replacment at age 50 (and again at age 60).

SteveO
05-14-2006, 06:32 PM
DUDE, that sucks. If I would have showed, I may have saved you from this....probably not, but that still sucks. You know my weekends can be tough, especially mid day Saturday with Kiddo soccer and stuff. Had the hall pass all last weekend for the river, so wasn't up for pushing my luck on mothers day weekend. Once you are back in the saddle, I'll be the first tandem you take. Promise :worthy:

JohnnyB
05-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Tex,

That's some hard luck man. :( I feel for ya....I try to never think about being injured...go hard or go home, right...I think if you worry about injury you are more succeptible and don't perform as well.....if it does come to mind, I always pray it is at the end of the season, not the beginning.

Be careful with it until you can get an MRI, get an MRI ASAP, get it repaired ASAP, bust your @$$ in PT and get back in the saddle soon.

stevo137
05-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Tex, sorry to hear about the injury. Speedy recovery to my friend.

Ric
05-14-2006, 09:09 PM
uuughhhh! Get a good doc and do the therapy. I've not injured a knee but know a few docs who say that if you're going to have a tear, the knee is the one that can be fixed !

ski36short
05-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Tex, really sorry to hear that man, I'd be beside myself. Good luck with the recovery, do it right...

tex
05-14-2006, 09:48 PM
thanks guys. I should see a doctor tomorow. I am a huge believer in PT. I'm just freaked because this will be the first summer without skiing in my life!

east tx skier
05-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Tex, that hurt my parts to read. Get better soon man.

6ballsisall
05-15-2006, 11:36 AM
East by parts I think you are referring to the wedding tackle? The twig and berries, the baby wand?? :D :uglyhamme

LakePirate
05-15-2006, 01:55 PM
That sucks Tex.

Hope you get good news from the Doc.

shepherd
05-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Bad luck Tex. It's the freak accidents that get us. Here's to a quick recovery! :toast:

rodltg2
05-15-2006, 07:50 PM
at least you were skiing, last year i sprained my ankle at the ramp getting ready to launch the boat. hope you get better soon..

tex
05-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Saw the PA today. She thinks that it is a torn mcl and pcl. The acl felt solid but she said it was hard to tell with all the swelling. MRI is scheduled for tomorow. I now own a huge ugly brace. I hit the martinis hard after seeing the PA.

SteveO
05-15-2006, 11:34 PM
Keep us posted. Won't be at the meeting Tuesday, so have a beer for me.

6ballsisall
05-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Man sorry to hear it Tex. Get it all done quick and go for the PT so you can be skiing later this season. In the mean time enjoy lots of martinis and driving the boat (not at the same time :cool: )

88 PS190
05-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Don't take any good falls while enjoying those martinis... slowed my friends ACL recovery a bit to take the beer walk home before being cleared for it.

tex
05-17-2006, 10:35 PM
I got a messege from the doc today. From what I understand the MRI showed no damage to the ACL but major injuries to the pcl and mcl. They want me in on Monday to see the doctor and to operate on Thursday or Friday. We were scheduled to leave on Thursday for 4 days of skiing(me driving)on the LLano and Colorado arms of Lake LBJ. The good news is I accepted a new job today. A month without work was beating me down!

6ballsisall
05-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Congrats on the new job Tex! And congrats on the knee? Sounds like it could have been worse??

LakePirate
05-18-2006, 05:50 PM
No longer working as a pimp Tex?

What is the diagnosis for the knee, surgery tomorrow?

east tx skier
05-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Congrats on the new job, Tex. Next time you're headed to the LLano river, please allow me to show you where the giant submerged boat eating boulders are. Or, for that matter, I'll just show you now. On the Colorado side, they're a bit more obvious.

This will be a bit more obvious when you're on the Llano arm. As you're heading upstream, on the right, you'll see the beach that jutts out. I wouldn't suggest going much farther than the "hold short" lines in the picture. I had an uncle really tear up a guys boat where that red dot is about 6 or so years ago.

Ric
05-18-2006, 06:22 PM
sorry bout the knee, good luck on the job, hope you find ample water at lbj?????

sanjuan23
05-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Sorry about the knee... Now I understand the Beer and Crutches reference to the Colonial this week.

bigmac
05-18-2006, 06:55 PM
I got a messege from the doc today. From what I understand the MRI showed no damage to the ACL but major injuries to the pcl and mcl. They want me in on Monday to see the doctor and to operate on Thursday or Friday.

Uff Da!!

Sorry about that Tex. Good luck with that...

tex
05-19-2006, 12:06 AM
:mad: :( Thanks Easty, The place we stay at is where the boulders start. You make sure that you take a left out of your boat slip or you will be checking out all the prop and shaft threads here. I finally spoke with the PA today. Not good news! The mri showed that my mcl is torn loose from the bone. The pcl is also torn bad. She said that the mri shows a torn acl but they don't beleive it(don't beleive the mri?). 6 weeks on the sticks and a total recovery time of 9 months if they don't discover anything else. Ski with you guys next summer! Easty will you still come up to see me if I just drive and pour after ski cocktails? All kidding aside,....I'm so sick that I could throw up!

stevo137
05-19-2006, 12:12 AM
:mad: :( Thanks Easty, The place we stay at is where the boulders start. You make sure that you take a left out of your boat slip or you will be checking out all the prop and shaft threads here. I finally spoke with the PA today. Not good news! The mri showed that my mcl is torn loose from the bone. The pcl is also torn bad. She said that the mri shows a torn acl but they don't beleive it(don't beleive the mri?). 6 weeks on the sticks and a total recovery time of 9 months if they don't discover anything else. Ski with you guys next summer! Easty will you still come up to see me if I just drive and pour after ski cocktails? All kidding aside,....I'm so sick that I could throw up!
Tex,
Sorry to hear the bad news my friend. I'm still struggling with this shoulder and no MRI yet.
You have had a great run and sooner or later we all get banged up somewhere.
You'll be back...

Larryp
05-19-2006, 12:13 AM
My worry about an unrepaired ACL tear would be an unstable knee, with premature joint wear, early degenerative arthritis, and a total knee replacment at age 50 (and again at age 60).
I had the surgery done. i could run before the surgery but to stop I had to fall down. !6 years later good as new. tex you'll be rocking and rolling in no time. Enjoy driving in the meantime. I had friend tear his acl playing football and then slipped on the ice while using crutches and tore his pcl on the other knee. Now that is bad luck.

SteveO
05-19-2006, 12:47 AM
Congrats on the new Job. I found out indirectly who the jumping culprit was...Those damn Natique owners...Fellow officer none the less

tex
05-19-2006, 12:49 AM
I'm laughing so hard that tears are rolling! Good point....It was a hell of a run!

SteveO
05-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Always here for your amusement. Enjoy the breakaction following your drunk stuble (or crutch crawl) at the Colonial. Met Andy H (Yellow X7 MSC member, as I won't use last names on this board like some people that started this thread) on Grapevine today. Nice Guy. I really like this Mr. Mom gig. Take your son skiing with you Thursday and after you drop him at school Friday, run to Ft Worth to catch a set on the river. When Jennifer get's back from Mexico, I'm going to suggest she gets a job where I can afford to be the stay at home....

tex
05-22-2006, 06:20 PM
I just got back from the doctor. Surgery is Thursday. Normal ACL surgery is 45 minutes. This will take 4 hours. He claims that they do around 4-5 acls a day and only see about 12 pcl/mcl tears a year. They will not know about the ACL until they open me up. He says that the MRI does not give a clear picture of the ACL when you have this much damage to the other parts. He says that if he has to repair the acl too...it won't have any effects on recovery time. 6-8 weeks on crutches and 9 months to one year recovery time. He would only give me about 80-100% chance of getting back to skiing. He did say if I chose not to have it..0-maybe 20% chance of ever skiing again. I guess that if I was a horse, I would be shot! Where's the shaker?

stevo137
05-22-2006, 06:25 PM
Sorry about the news Tex. I'm still struggling with this shoulder thing. The P-Therapy did help but now that I stopped the therapy it's starting to bother me again. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, trying to avoid the knife.
Anyway, speedy recovery to you and keep us posted.

sanjuan23
05-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Bummer about the entire year! But at least there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Hope everything goes well on Thursday!

LakePirate
05-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Good Luck in surgery Tex.

erkoehler
05-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Tex, good luck, and I hope you'll be back on the water next season :(

How's the friend taking the news.....I'd be hiding in the corner!

Ric
05-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Good luck man!
at least you have this support group of bloggers/skiers/drinkers

tex
05-22-2006, 06:36 PM
The buddy is not hiding. I do not blame him. I should have known better. He did buy me a nice bottle of Saphire to help with the recovery.

Ric
05-22-2006, 06:42 PM
PT girls are typically hot... Try to go where the mavs and cowboys players go for PT :D

Leroy
05-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Congrats on the new job Tex! That is some surgery, welcome the knee chiller!

sizzler
05-23-2006, 04:39 AM
tex...good luck......i had that repaired when i was 21...snapped it again when i was 26.....the difference between the 2 repairs was remarkable...it is now as strong as ever and i do everything now that i did before...b/footing,boarding,snow-skiing,tennis...you name it...the only thing i dont do is play soccer anymore.....its been 12 years since the op and its as good as gold.....what with the advances in the last 12 yrs of post-op procedures and physio...i'm sure you'lll be back,right as rain :toast:

jraben8
05-23-2006, 12:07 PM
I had 1/2 tears in my ACL and MCL cleaned up 4 years ago and Sizz is right, as long as I don't play soccer I really don't notice anything different. Granted, mine weren't completely torn.

Do the PT at all costs...

pilot02
05-23-2006, 12:41 PM
Hope all goes well with the surgery and you have a speedy recovery Tex.

tex
05-25-2006, 12:37 AM
I'm taking my laptop to the hospital in the morning. If they won't let me hook up...I will see ya'll in a couple of days. I will try and post well medicated! Everyone have a cold one at the lake for me! Out!

sizzler
05-25-2006, 03:43 AM
good luck.....get plenty of morphine.......best part of the procedure :dance:

tex
05-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the kind wishes. I got home Friday evening. Things were a lot worse then expected. The mcl was torn loose from the bone, the pcl and acl were torn in half. They had to take 2 grafts from dead dudes and still had to tear into my patella tendon and hamstring to get enough stuff to put me back together. The doctor said that I basically dislocated my knee. On the bright side... he was very proud of the work that he did and said that with his skill, my great cartlidge, and a long hard road of pt...I should be OK. I could not believe the amount of pain!!! I will be bed ridden for 2-3 weeks and then on crutches-no weight for 6-8 weeks...about 9-12 months recovery time. The vicodin is holding me together. The wife has been about perfect! Thanks again for all the well wishes. You guys ROCK!

tex
06-09-2006, 07:44 PM
This was taken a couple of jumps before the accident. I look like I'm having a great day!

Mi.mc
06-09-2006, 09:07 PM
no wonder there was an accident- that looks really dangerous

Mi.mc
06-09-2006, 09:07 PM
PT girls are typically hot... Try to go where the mavs and cowboys players go for PT :D

ha ha ha my mom is a pt- it's kind of hard for me to think of pt girls as hot...

stevo137
06-09-2006, 09:13 PM
It looks like the student is in good position for a faceplant.

stevo137
06-09-2006, 09:15 PM
This was taken a couple of jumps before the accident. I look like I'm having a great day!
I see a guy who truly loves "The Sport"!
Tex, you'll be back man! ;)

atlfootr
06-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Sorry to hear about the knee injury Tex, I had both of my ACL's toasted as well.
May you have a speedy recovery, my friend.

P.S. Find anotrher sport! :friday:

tex
06-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Sorry to hear about the knee injury Tex, I had both of my ACL's toasted as well.
May you have a speedy recovery, my friend.

P.S. Find anotrher sport! :friday:
Thanks, AF-What other sport? Barefoot jumping?

tex
07-16-2006, 12:10 PM
I took a couple of passes around the living room and kitchen without the crutches this morning!:D

Andr้
07-16-2006, 12:44 PM
I took a couple of passes around the living room and kitchen without the crutches this morning!:D
Great new Tex!
Any chance to get back on the planks before the end of the season?

tex
07-16-2006, 12:49 PM
They have not even brought the subject up yet. I'm just hoping to ski at our Polar Bear Day!

Leroy
07-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Looks like this guy is about to kill you also.

tex
08-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Small things mean alot! Today was a great step in my recovery. We got back from Austin and picked up John David. We went to have a cocktail at one of our favorite places in Southlake. As we left, I was able to pick up my 6 year old son and throw him on my shoulders and carry him to the car. It sounds small but it was a great moment!

Tryin-again
08-06-2006, 09:06 PM
I wished that I had known you were in Austin. Ihave been hanging out all weekend... would have bought ya'll a drink somewhere...

tex
08-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Austin was great! It has been too long. We got there on Saturday and hit the warehouse district for some food and mexican martinis. We went to Viva Day Spa and got this treatment.

Delicious Duet Spa Package -(2.5 hours)
Great for couples, friends or just about anyone
• Sauna time
• 1 hour massage
• Coconut vanilla body wrap
• Soothing sandalwood scalp massage
• Coffee foot scrub
• Hot herbal steam towels
• Full body dry brush
• Hot spiced chai
• Chocolate

That was great. We ate at Flemmings and then hit a couple of spots for drinks. We ended the night by rolling to Cork and Company for a couple of flights of wine. We got up and got a free breakfast(they screwed up our room) and rolled back home. Good time...we would have loved to have met for a drink!

Farmer Ted
08-06-2006, 09:41 PM

The guy on the right looks like he's in the Pre "land on your forehead" stance.....

that must take huge balls to just one day decide to go over the ramp....

tex
08-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Come to Texas next summer and I'll drag your ars over!

Farmer Ted
08-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Come to Texas next summer and I'll drag your ars over!

can I go over a barefoot ramp with jumpers first????

that looks like it would be a rush, but I'd want to start on the kiddie ramp and work my way up, no need to rush the pain!!!

I'd be content with just jumping the wake with jumpers, as much air/hang time I get on a slalom I should go massive and might get be able to get a grab or fakie with jumpers.....

erkoehler
08-06-2006, 09:53 PM
Farmer, come up to Mag Mania and we'll get you on jumpers behind the X-Star. That should be big enough :)

tex
08-06-2006, 09:57 PM
We can lower the jump to about 4 feet. I've been over the bf jump and this is alot easier. I skied at this one place where they could lower the jump to about bf jump size. I won a 12 pack when I bet some guys that I could make a heli off of it. They had to pay!

erkoehler
08-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Tex, why aren't you comng to Mania/

tex
08-06-2006, 10:05 PM
erk, i would love to come but with the new job and bum leg, it will be tough. when is it?

erkoehler
08-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Sept. 15, 16, 17

You should fly up if you can. It's only 1 day missed work.

tex
08-06-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm here(http://www.showskier.com/) the weekend before. My rock star card will expire when the plane touches down from San Diego!

erkoehler
08-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Do you happen to know of Eric or Julie Patterson? They skied with sea world in the late 90's/early 00's

tex
08-06-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm an old fart. I left SW in 92 for Japan.

erkoehler
08-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Back to the topic at hand, you need to get healthy and up to Mag Mania.

tex
08-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Back to the topic at hand, you need to get healthy and up to Mag Mania.
There is no way that I'll be healthy enough. They ruled out snow skiing the other day!

6ballsisall
08-06-2006, 10:58 PM
There is no way that I'll be healthy enough. They ruled out snow skiing the other day!

Surely you'll be healthy enough to throw back some Bombay Saphire with me won't you???? Get a ticket!!

erkoehler
08-06-2006, 11:12 PM

You'll be healthy enough to come out and hang out amongst friends, drive some kick arse boats, and drink with Jeff.

6ballsisall
08-06-2006, 11:14 PM
You'll be healthy enough to come out and hang out amongst friends, drive some kick arse boats, and drink with Jeff.

^^^^^ What he said ;)

tex
08-06-2006, 11:27 PM
That sounds like an almost perfect weekend but I can't swing it. Rock it out for me!

tex
12-24-2006, 12:13 AM
A buddy sent this to me the other day...Getting ready to take off before the accident! We look like we are getting ready to have some fun!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-26-2006, 12:12 PM
How is your injury healing Tex?? :confused:

Slinkyredfoot
12-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Man the guy on the right looks like he is ready for a face plant. Back in the 70's I was an avid jumper until I tore a quad muscle from my femur. I was on crutches for 6 weeks and pretty much ended my jumping career. Good luck on the rehab you will be back before you know it.:D

tex
05-09-2007, 12:50 AM
I figured that was as good as place to post this as any. I saw my doc today for the last time. He stated that unless something bad went wrong, they did not need to see me any more. He gave me the ok to ride my sky ski and moderate ski in straight lines. He did say I could foot straight but no tricks. Laughed when I brought up the jump. He said my knee is structurally(spelling) sound. He was very proud of his work. He kept bending it and stepping back and smiling. Kinda like when you repair something in your house and you can't beleive that you did it without breaking something else. My quad is about 2-3 times weaker than my right leg. He says that if I work out hard...6-9 months and if I don't...maybe 3 years before they even out.

I did want to take the time to think all of my MC friends who have offered support in the past year. PLEASE KEEP IT UP!

pilot02
05-09-2007, 03:51 AM
get off your butt and get to the gym dangit>>> we need to see more of those bridge shots from natchitoches>>>> not sure what"s up with tt>>> getting funny character"s here>>>

tex
05-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Today is a year to the day of the accident.

Still drinking Bombay Martinis and not hitting the jump yet!!!!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Today is a year to the day of the accident.

Still drinking Bombay Martinis and not hitting the jump yet!!!!
WEll Tex, all good things come in time. I tried imagining myself in your shoes and I am sure you are going crazy not being able to do all the things on water that your capable of doing. I would be freaking out. From what you have conveyed here online, I think you have done very well with it all. unless your freakin out behind the screen. I really think your doing fine, you just keep up the good work. recovering from something like this is mental too, not all physical. you seem to have a real good attitude about it. just stay focued and keep your eyes on your goals. Just the fact that your doctor is pleased with your healing, and your cleared to go footin and skiing is AWESOME! Knee surgery is not "cut and dried" stuff. I know several people that have had knee surgery and can walk fine, but arent able to engage in sports at any level. The one thing I want to stress to you is, dont try to do too much too soon. just get out on that water, and enjoy being out there and stay within your doc's restrictions. :)

tex
09-11-2007, 06:28 PM
I figured this tread needed a bump. I just got back from the doctor. He was shocked at how well I was doing. He was amazed at how well I was walking and working out. He praised my work ethic which I deflected to my PT's(I'm very humble like that). I don't need to see him for another month. I still cannot do any high impact stuff like running or busting something out in the flats(a little wakeboard lingo for the kids). He pretty much laughed when I brought up riding my wakeskate. I had to ask. He did use a funny term-it topped my PT's usage of the term "mechinism for injury" when telling me not to play golf. His term was, "we dodged 2 very near catastrophic injuries in a row!" That hurt just to hear. I do have to give a shout out to Michelle my PT and good buddy! I would not be putting the sexy back into walking without her!!!
Good day-I think I'll mix a martini!!!:D

M-Funf
09-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey Tex,
Good to hear that things are progressing well! Enjoy that Martini :friday:

Roonie's
09-11-2007, 06:48 PM
I had my ACL replaced as I tore it last day of snow skiing. I had surgery and was snow skiing again in 6 months. It was tentative at first but was soon at full speed. This was in 89. I still refuse to do hard impact running only run on treadmill if at all. I do a lot of biking instead as I don't want my knee to have arthritis at an early age. I wakeboard but don't do the heavy landings for same reason. It hurts from time to time still.

03 35th Anniversary
09-11-2007, 07:06 PM
[/COLOR]
Good day-I think I'll mix a martini!!!:D
And the Doctors say drinking is bad...............................:friday:

tex
09-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Makin the tears rain down like a MON-soon
Listen to the bass go BOOM
Explosion, overpowerin
Over the competition, I'm towerin
Wreckin shop, when I drop these lyrics that'll make you call the cops
Don't you dare stare, you betta move
Don't ever compare
Me to the rest that'll all get sliced and diced
Competition's payin the price

I'm kicking more ars everyday!!!!

Jim@BAWS
09-29-2007, 04:26 PM
TEX,

I feel for ya. I remember doing in my knee about 7 years ago. DO THE THERAPY. Get you quads strong. If I go over the jump 8-10 times a year anymore I am lucky. I wish I did the therapy

GET IT CHECKED OUT ASAP

Jim@BAWS

tex
06-29-2008, 07:37 PM
777 days later-I feel strong like bull!

tex
06-29-2008, 07:42 PM
A couple of ride overs and I feel good! Wife got excited and screwed up those pictures. The doctors and pt's said that I should think about jumping this summer. This feels great! I skied some strap doubles, shoe skis, trios, based our 3-2-1, and snuck into the jump act during practice. Nice full day and no soreness today-Once again-thanks to everyone for all the positive thoughts!

BriEOD
06-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Glad to hear it! Welcome back to the saddle.

Jim@BAWS
06-29-2008, 10:22 PM
A couple of ride overs and I feel good! Wife got excited and screwed up those pictures. The doctors and pt's said that I should think about jumping this summer. This feels great! I skied some strap doubles, shoe skis, trios, based our 3-2-1, and snuck into the jump act during practice. Nice full day and no soreness today-Once again-thanks to everyone for all the positive thoughts!

Ok lets review

34 MPH
weight on balls of feet
head up
arms down

You'll be back...whose driving? Looks like they are cutting out a little
to me. Those side curtains are hideous. Bring those things in and get rid of the outside one

HA HA HA

DAMN SHOW SKIERS

Glad you are back

Jim@BAWS

Doug G
06-29-2008, 10:23 PM
Hope this doesn't cut into your martini time :)

Willski
06-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Good to see your back at it!!

puck_11
06-30-2008, 12:50 AM
Way to get back into the game!

uawaterskier
06-30-2008, 01:02 AM
thats awesome tex...glad your recovery went well

tex
06-30-2008, 07:11 AM
Ok lets review

34 MPH
weight on balls of feet
head up
arms down

You'll be back...whose driving? Looks like they are cutting out a little
to me. Those side curtains are hideous. Bring those things in and get rid of the outside one

HA HA HA

DAMN SHOW SKIERS

Glad you are back

Jim@BAWS

The guy driving is my buddy who slipped out and wrecked my knee the first time. It only looks that bad because he's driving a SN!

sizzler
06-30-2008, 08:33 AM
way to go tex......i know how hard it is to comeback after an ACL rupture...i have done 2......

siz

jraben8
06-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Ok lets review

34 MPH
weight on balls of feet
head up
arms down

I learned "head over knees over toes... and don't let go until you ride it out or the water stops you..."

Lennyp04
06-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Glad to hear the recovery is going well!

SteveO
06-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Once you are back in the saddle, I'll be the first tandem you take. Promise :worthy:

Welcome back! Are you ready for tandems?

Andr้
06-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Welcome back! Are you ready for tandems?

Ouch...!!!:rolleyes:
Congrats Tex!Must have been a great feeling!:)

Sodar
06-30-2008, 12:49 PM
777 days later-I feel strong like bull!

You should! Your knee looks like Robo-knee! :cool:

jraben8
06-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Tex, Do you guys have any shows scheduled this weekend?

tex
06-30-2008, 07:20 PM
way to go tex......i know how hard it is to comeback after an ACL rupture...i have done 2......

siz

Add a pcl, mcl, and broken femur to that!

tex
06-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Tex, Do you guys have any shows scheduled this weekend?

Small demo on Friday at 4pm-Marine Creek. Come out-Would love to meet you!

JohnE
07-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Glad you are back, Tex.

tex
07-25-2009, 09:33 PM
I took a couple of flips of the jump today. First ones since the big wreck. 0-2 but they felt good! I might have to mix a martini to celebrate!

TX.X-30 fan
07-25-2009, 10:49 PM
I took a couple of flips of the jump today. First ones since the big wreck. 0-2 but they felt good! I might have to mix a martini to celebrate!

Way to go Tex, you guy's headed to LBJ this year?

tex
07-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Doesn't look like it. Tough with the wife looking for work!

JohnnyB
07-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Tex...missed the late June posts. Congrats on being back on the water doing what you love to do. Please post more pics as you progress....skiing "light" for a season after having my hip done was a killer for me....777 days...ugh!! hope you had a martini to celebrate!

Cheers!

tex
07-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Retuned my knee brace last night-Ready for some good jumping today!

madcityskier
07-29-2012, 10:57 PM
And how are you feeling tonight?