PDA

View Full Version : Should we have done it?

TMCNo1
05-14-2006, 08:23 AM
Yesterday after driving 2 hours from home, at 5 o'clock, with blue skies and 79 degrees, we attended the wedding of the nephew of the former CEO and Chairman of the Board of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Scott Livengood.
It was held at the Country Club of a very exclusive development at Lake Norman, NC, just outside of Charlotte, NC in Mooresville, NC {Race City, USA] called the The Point. This develpoment has hundreds of homes with the avg. value of about $3 million. This is where a great many of the Nextel Cup Drivers, Owners and Crew Chiefs live. Scott Livengood owns a summer lake home there that he built 3 years ago at a cost of $4.5 million.
The ceremony was held outside overlooking a cove on the lake. My wife looked over at me and I had tears in my eyes and she stated that the ceremony was quite moving and I pointed to the cove. It was the not the ceremony that had me teary, it was the 3 MasterCrafts floating in the cove behind the wedding party. After the ceremony we attended the reception, that included a 4 course meal.
Then after everything was over we had to drive home and return to the Real World, much like going home after visiting Disney World. :eek:

Cloaked
05-14-2006, 08:26 AM
Should have done what? :confused:

ski_king
05-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Should we have done it?
Yes, you should have taken the boat.

TMCNo1
05-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Yes, you should have taken the boat.

I tried, but spouse said the event was not about MasterCraft!

Yea, Sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then why were there MasterCrafts in the cove? I'll just have to get over it, I guess!

My wife was excited about the fun the newely wed couple was going to have on their wedding night and I was curious how the MC owners on the lake liked powerloading their boats and using the Boat Buddy.

Do I have a 1 track mind or what?

Cloaked
05-14-2006, 12:33 PM
I tried, but spouse said the event was not about MasterCraft!

Yea, Sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then why were there MasterCrafts in the cove? I'll just have to get over it, I guess!

My wife was excited about the fun the newely wed couple was going to have on their wedding night and I was curious how the MC owners on the lake liked powerloading their boats and using the Boat Buddy.

Do I have a 1 track mind or what?Don't feel bad. I just happened to be thinking on another track... :uglyhamme

You should have indeed...

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-15-2006, 01:29 PM

Do I have a 1 track mind or what?
Nope, I HEAR you my friend!!! :wavey: Its just how guys are. Like this past weekend. as most of you know my girlfriend recently moved in with me, show she is showing me all of the way she has her shoes set up in the closet type room just off the master bedroom, as she is proudly explaining how she set this up, I gaze off out the window at the roof covered in rainy-snowy slop and say "boy, that roof patch job I did on the sky light really turned out nice! look at how well its doing with all the snow on it." :o you can imagine how well that went over with the female. :eek: Hey, face it ,wer'e guys, we just think different than women.

BTW No1, you hang with some interesting crowds, from big wig CEO's of major corporations all teh way to Fred the "goat" mechanic ;)

6ballsisall
05-15-2006, 01:34 PM
TMC1 gets around!! :worthy:

Tell her you were right and next wedding, you bring the boat with you!

05-15-2006, 01:45 PM

better yet, just tell her to go to the wedding with some friends, and you can go skiing!!!! :headbang:

LakePirate
05-15-2006, 01:48 PM
I was expecting something along the lines of I parked the rig out front of the house and left early to grab a few sets.

I took the boat to a funeral a couple of weeks ago....I wasn't going to go back home and get it....I did park it down the street and walked a couple of blocks to the funeral home.

05-15-2006, 01:58 PM
I was expecting something along the lines of I parked the rig out front of the house and left early to grab a few sets.

I took the boat to a funeral a couple of weeks ago....I wasn't going to go back home and get it....I did park it down the street and walked a couple of blocks to the funeral home.
Thats pretty civil of you Lakey :) I would have done the same....why double back? I've taken the boat to work with me at times. :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
05-15-2006, 01:58 PM
I've taken the boat to work with me at times. :rolleyes:

Me too ;)

TMCNo1
05-15-2006, 02:04 PM

The guy that got married was the son of one of our friends who is a North Carolina Highway Patrol Officer, so, I had to go to be sure he would keep me in stock with all the Official Trooper leisure stuff, that I wear when we travel and those special NCHP window stickers for our vehicle windows that get you out of speeding tickets.
Trooper Dowell would have loved to have known I brought the boat, then he and his bride could have had a reason to depart the wedding on his Harley. I tried to get the spouse to let me wear my bib overhalls or my TMC board shorts and t-shirt, but that was a NO-NO, so, I had to wear a suit. Yet, I was overdressed compared to some.

LakePirate
05-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Overhalls

Only us true southerners call 'em that.

I wear them to all family functions, them there is my eatin' pants

TMCNo1
05-15-2006, 02:13 PM
BTW No1, you hang with some interesting crowds, from big wig CEO's of major corporations all teh way to Fred the "goat" mechanic ;)

I was severely overdressed for Fred and underdressed for the CEO, but wearing the suit was worth the free meal! :eek: I wished we could have seen his $4.5 million summer home. He called me when he was preparing to buy a boat, gave him a set of MC brochures and offered to accompany him to MC to give him a plant tour and visit with the Management and all of a sudden he bought a $70,000 Cobalt!???????????????????????????????
He is the one who is missing out!

TMCNo1
05-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Overhalls

Only us true southerners call 'em that.

I wear them to all family functions, them there is my eatin' pants

That's right rite there, if you get food on them there bibs, you'd never know it, cause of all them there stains from paintin' the barn roof, cuttin' and killin' hogs and primin' tobacci!

For those of you who don't know about cuttin' hogs, it is, you cut off their berries, slap some creosote where they used to be, put rings in their nose and watch them root the ground with both ends till it all heals. Then they get fat and BOOM, you have good hams, bacon and ribs.

LakePirate
05-15-2006, 03:16 PM
That's right rite there, if you get food on them there bibs, you'd never know it, cause of all them there stains from paintin' the barn roof, cuttin' and killin' hogs and primin' tobacci!

For those of you who don't know about cuttin' hogs, it is, you cut off their berries, slap some creosote where they used to be, put rings in their nose and watch them root the ground with both ends till it all heals. Then they get fat and BOOM, you have good hams, bacon and ribs.

Plus they have room for expansion.