PDA

View Full Version : what bimini top, and what size

DooSPX
05-13-2006, 10:45 PM
just as the title asks?
which one do you guys like and what size, hieght, etc. that is with in 300 bucks?
any of the ones that they sell in overtons?

thanks much gents! :toast:

JohnnyB
05-13-2006, 11:12 PM
I was just flipping through Overton's tonight looking at them as well. I'll be watching this thread carefully as this is a purchase in my near future as well.

My wife recently had melanoma removed from three areas of her skin....caught it very early.

We've always been very protective of our fair-skinned kids....ALWAYS have them in sunblock. My wife recenlty bought them sun hats and mentioned the possibility of getting a bimini.....she HATES riding in boats with biminis....

erkoehler
05-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Does that 197 have a tower or no?

JohnnyB
05-14-2006, 12:30 AM
No tower...

east tx skier
05-14-2006, 11:58 AM
I paid $400 for my MC factory top (http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2011&cat=504) installed. It might be worth a call to your dealer to see if they'd be willing to give you a good deal. I know you said $300, but $400 is a great reduction over MSRP on a factory top. The fit is fantastic. I am somewhat fair skinned and my wife is redheaded and fair skinned. We lather on the sunblock and when in our boat, always have the bimini top up.

Killerack
05-14-2006, 07:28 PM
Try this site best prices around and easy to install.
http://www.boatersoutlet.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=114#3Bow

phecksel
05-15-2006, 11:42 AM
just as the title asks?
which one do you guys like and what size, hieght, etc. that is with in 300 bucks?
any of the ones that they sell in overtons?

thanks much gents! :toast:
For you, the lower the better. Mine's pretty high, we're not as sensitive to the sun, and I'm pretty tall. Just a caution with Overtons, I bought two over a period of three or four years (two different boats), and was disappointed they had the exact same construction quality issues, and same lousy installation instructions. Once it's installed, it works and looks great.

sizzler
05-15-2006, 11:49 AM
i have the mastercraft option bimini....always up when the sunshines......although its up more for when it rains :cool:

BrianM
05-15-2006, 12:37 PM
I have one but am not sure of the brand. It is Sunbrella. I have it mounted on the windshield and fairly low. Mine is just a 4ft long top which is a little shorter than I would like. The top on my '88 was 5ft and had a little better coverage.

#47of100TeamMC
05-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Does anybody know if the windshield mounted bimini's work with a zero flex tower? I always have the folding part of my tower off and hanging in the garage for ease of getting in and out of the garage. Will the windshield mounted Bimini fit inside the tower frame?

Anybody have a ZeroFlex tower mounted Bimini on a 197?
(borderline threadjack, My apologies)