PDA

View Full Version : Boat Still In Storage?

86Craft
05-13-2006, 09:45 PM
Who out there still does not have the boat out of storage? I raise my hand first! :noface: It was going to be today, but northern Ohio is about 45 degrees, and rain. Maybe next weekend? :toast:

JohnnyB
05-13-2006, 09:56 PM
I've been skiing since March and my boat came out of storage in mid-April. Been a kind Wisconsin spring :D

Workin' 4 Toys
05-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Still in winterize'd mode here....

BrianM
05-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Who out there still does not have the boat out of storage?

What's that?! :rolleyes:

bucky
05-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Mine's still winterized, but the water here's still only 74 degrees. I'm waiting for it to warm up some.

6ballsisall
05-13-2006, 11:25 PM
What's that?! :rolleyes:

Thanks for rubbing it in with us Yankees! :rolleyes:

How many hours you put on the beauty since you bought it last fall?

86Craft
05-14-2006, 11:19 AM
I could not guess at what it would be like to not put your boat away for the winter. Wow, did not even think about deep south people! :rant:

bigmac
05-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Historically around here, Memorial Day has been about when it's feasible to begin recreational boating. I jumped the gun by a month this year because the ice came off the lake about 3 weeks early and we had such a mild April. As soon as I got the boat in the lift, almost as I was putting the last hook on the lift canopy, it started raining and turned cold. Since then, it's typically been 45-50 degrees with wind and rain, rain, rain.

daveg
05-14-2006, 12:14 PM
We always start the season here in the Northern IL area around mid April, and its always my goal to start my ski season by the end of April. This year it started April 15th....thanks to the warm spring and more importantly, a drysuit!! We usually finish by October 15th. I was wondering about people in the South (TX, TN, LA, GA) when they start and finish their seasons?? Do you guys get that much longer of a season than we do up here??

erkoehler
05-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Where do you normally ski ^ ?

BrianM
05-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks for rubbing it in with us Yankees! :rolleyes:

How many hours you put on the beauty since you bought it last fall?

Picked the boat up the weekend before Thanksgiving and have put around 35 hours on it. :D

. I was wondering about people in the South (TX, TN, LA, GA) when they start and finish their seasons?? Do you guys get that much longer of a season than we do up here??

I ski year around and divide the year into warm season and cool season. Warm season is basicly daylight savings time. Warm air and water and ski in bathing suit. Cool season is basicly standard time. Cooler water and usually just ski on the weekends since it gets dark so early. Ski a couple of months of the cool season in a shorty or hot top and the rest of the time in a neoprene drysuit. Life is good.

NORTHERN LIGHTS
05-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Mine's still winterized, but the water here's still only 74 degrees. I'm waiting for it to warm up some.
Your kidding right?
74 degree water is too cold? Put my boat lift in last weekend. water is 48 degrees. we debated skiing. (it was a liitle windy). Do you mean 54?

NORTHERN LIGHTS
05-14-2006, 01:28 PM
We usually start to ski mid may (now). Just had 9.37 inches of rain in 2 days here and the river crested over. My docks are tied with three safty lines but my lift is under about 2 feet of water. looks like this season just took a serious step backwards!

tones03
05-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Mine is, Memorial Weekend it will come out, or next weekend, depending on how ambitous I am, its only been in the 50's or 60's here. I can not wait though.

Jorski
05-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Mine comes out of storage next weekend. It is a long holiday weekend in Canada, the Victoria Day holiday is on the Monday.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!

Mi.mc
05-14-2006, 03:45 PM
74-82 is our peak summer water temps. get a few cold rainy days, we sometimes are back in the high 60s even in mid summer.

NORTHERN LIGHTS
05-14-2006, 06:48 PM
74-82 is our peak summer water temps. get a few cold rainy days, we sometimes are back in the high 60s even in mid summer.
same here for the peak temps. 74 is down right balmy. bucky maybe mean't 54.

ps I'm now under a flood warning. the docks are hangin on 4 dear life. we just got our 1 minute of fame on fox news national with some local shots of the incredible amount of water.

River Rat
05-14-2006, 06:56 PM
I was wondering about people in the South (TX, TN, LA, GA) when they start and finish their seasons?? Do you guys get that much longer of a season than we do up here??

We ride year round with a pause around Nov. and Dec. for Deer Season. We rode for 4 hrs this morning but had to shut down early due to flash flood warnings :cry: But we did burn $70 worth of gas yesterday :( :D

daveg
05-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Where do you normally ski ^ ?

I ski at site between Island Lake and McHenry (IL). Its an old gravel pit and just long enough for a six buoy course and a quick turn-around. Before that site came available, we used to ski on the Fox River near Cary. When we were on the Fox, the club owner operated out of the infamous Broken Oar Marina/Bar (quite the hang out on weekends if you own a Harley).

bucky
05-14-2006, 11:44 PM
74. I'm spoiled, since the ski season starts around April and lasts through October with water temps reaching biological warning territory in July and August. Y'all could ski year round here if 48 is warm enough for you. I hope to have the boat ready and on the water by Thursday, but been too busy with work to play.Your kidding right?
74 degree water is too cold? Put my boat lift in last weekend. water is 48 degrees. we debated skiing. (it was a liitle windy). Do you mean 54?

airwear
05-15-2006, 10:06 AM
Boat lift goes in Saturday morning, and the boat gets fired up for the first time in 2006 Saturday afternoon. The nights up here have not dropped below freezing for the past couple of weeks and the water is warming up quickly.

I spent the last week restoring my swim platform by following the great suggestions in this forum. The cleaning solution with TSP, bleach, and water works very well as it cleaned up the black in between the boards and in the grains of the wood. Now I am 1/3 of the way through TMC1's process with Starbrite.

twieder
05-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Mine's been settin in the drive now for two weeks and has yet to get wet(other than all this blasted rain!) Our river is up about 3 feet and rising not to mention it looks liks a lumberyard!
We haven't got as much rain as the New Englanders, but todey is the 6th in a row! Where is the sun!?!

oldschool84
05-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Boat left storage for Dealer on wednesday, home on thursday of last week and friday it left for my restoration shop for some work, the stuff i didn't do all winter and now I am scrambling :rant:

kalanic
05-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Mine is still in storage...Sucks we are moving to 1 town over on Friday. Cant wait till it's over with!! I gotta get wet!!! AHHHhhrghhg!

NORTHERN LIGHTS
05-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Mine's been settin in the drive now for two weeks and has yet to get wet(other than all this blasted rain!) Our river is up about 3 feet and rising not to mention it looks liks a lumberyard!
We haven't got as much rain as the New Englanders, but todey is the 6th in a row! Where is the sun!?!
no sh*t--where is the sun? 11 days and counting...and yeah, i live in the county where it has been declared a state of emergency...

twieder
05-15-2006, 12:19 PM
no sh*t--where is the sun? 11 days and counting...and yeah, i live in the county where it has been declared a state of emergency...

I feel for you guys! The news had all kinds of pics of the flooding thismorning.Hope the rain stops soon for ya, but looks like the damage is done.

NORTHERN LIGHTS
05-15-2006, 12:58 PM
I feel for you guys! The news had all kinds of pics of the flooding thismorning.Hope the rain stops soon for ya, but looks like the damage is done.
Thanks-- the thing I'm sweatin is my docks. i have 5-5x10"s and my boat lift. the lift is under about 6' of water but it's still there. There is an awful lot of pressure on the safety lines. To give you an example the pic shows my boat and docks that are about 8' over the bank normally. If i tried to take the pic now i would be standing in about 1.5 ft of water. (so over 10ft+/-)
needles to say I've got thousands of dollars invested hangin by a thread. I can't do anything now it's just to dangerous--I'll try to take so pics and post themm..

86Craft
05-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks-- the thing I'm sweatin is my docks. i have 5-5x10"s and my boat lift. the lift is under about 6' of water but it's still there. There is an awful lot of pressure on the safety lines. To give you an example the pic shows my boat and docks that are about 8' over the bank normally. If i tried to take the pic now i would be standing in about 1.5 ft of water. (so over 10ft+/-)
needles to say I've got thousands of dollars invested hangin by a thread. I can't do anything now it's just to dangerous--I'll try to take so pics and post themm..

Is that on a river? Hang in there, it has to stop some time. :confused:

Datdude
05-15-2006, 01:40 PM
I need to get over to the dealer this week and pick it up. Water is still very cold here so there is no rush. We had 2 inches of snow last Thursday so skiing is not on my mind yet

NORTHERN LIGHTS
05-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Is that on a river? Hang in there, it has to stop some time. :confused:
yeah its a river--i'll take pics after work.