PDA

View Full Version : DC/MD/VA Ski Club

fly4food
05-12-2006, 12:41 PM
If your interested in a fun, inexpensive ski club near Washington DC/Northern VA check out the USAF Water Ski Club. We run two boats, a 2000 Mastercraft Prostar 195 and a 1990 Ski Brendella. Feel free to drop me an email or check out the web site. http://www.wns.org/usaf/
h20andsun01@yahoo.com

Cheers,
Chip

shepherd
05-12-2006, 11:47 PM
I'm in DC several times a year. You guys allow visitors??? Aren't you in Charles County somewhere, off the Potomac?

BriEOD
05-13-2006, 07:09 PM
If I ever make it up to Air Staff/Pentagon I'll look you guys up.

jimmer2880
05-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Where do you usually ski?

fly4food
05-14-2006, 07:18 PM
We typically ski on Mattawoman Creek, which is a tributary of the Potomac, near Indian Head MD. About 20 miles south of the beltway on route 210. We lease a private site which has a dock, ramp, pavilion, showers/restrooms, and a large pavilion. We also make occasional trips over to the Pax River

Yes, visitors are welcome, just check with us in advance.

jimmer2880
05-15-2006, 04:42 AM
We typically ski on Mattawoman Creek, which is a tributary of the Potomac, near Indian Head MD. About 20 miles south of the beltway on route 210. We lease a private site which has a dock, ramp, pavilion, showers/restrooms, and a large pavilion. We also make occasional trips over to the Pax River

I know where that is. I bought a pair of Jeep doors off of a guy in indian-head. Quite a drive for me though.

shepherd
05-15-2006, 05:14 PM

Is there a ski course at your Mattawoman site? I know there was one on the Patuxent a couple miles downriver from Jug Bay - I skied with the guy who owns/maintains it, he's a park ranger there (or at least he was, I haven't been there in about 6 years).

fly4food
05-19-2006, 07:55 PM
I've been told we have a portable course buried somewhere in the equipment locker, but it hasn't been out during my short tenure. Certianly on the to-do list.