PDA

View Full Version : Today is the day!

Sodar
05-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Well, somehow I did it. Today, I am graduating from the University of Southern California with Honors. I'll also be speaking at my satellite ceremony for the School of Policy, Planning, and Development... so the nerves are extra tense right now!! Anyways, wish me luck!!

erkoehler
05-12-2006, 09:55 AM
That's awesome man, congrats :)

MarkP
05-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Congrats!!!!!!!!! Good luck Dude!!

jrcarte78
05-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Congratulations Cameron!!!

It's a great feeling to know you're done with your undergrad degree... Especially graduating with honors. That's awesome!

It's a good thing you're graduating now. That way you won't have to witness the Hogs thrash the Trojans this fall as a current member of the student body.

HA!! LOL!! ;)

LakePirate
05-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Don't do it man....Stay in school.

You have seen that guy in Wisconsin that has been in for like 12 years. Be him.

Congrats..

vegashomeexpert
05-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Cangratulations! And with honors to boot! Must mean grad school is in the future? If so, don't "take a year off". It takes dedication to get back into it once the jobs, wifes, and kids start coming. :eek:

Cloaked
05-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Well, somehow I did it. Today, I am graduating from the University of Southern California with Honors. I'll also be speaking at my satellite ceremony for the School of Policy, Planning, and Development... so the nerves are extra tense right now!! Anyways, wish me luck!!
Congratulations on a well invested accomplishment.

bcampbe7
05-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Congrats Cameron. That's great! :toast:

Sodar
05-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Cangratulations! And with honors to boot! Must mean grad school is in the future? If so, don't "take a year off". It takes dedication to get back into it once the jobs, wifes, and kids start coming. :eek:

True That! My dad said he would only pick up the tab for the first 4 years and the rest was my responsibilty! I gotta find either a sponsor or an employer that will help me out with it, or even better I would find a job that pays a goood amount and pick up the tab on my own!!

schmaltzy
05-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Thats awesome!!! I agree take a year off - you deserve it.

UW 1994

bcampbe7
05-12-2006, 10:37 AM
True That! My dad said he would only pick up the tab for the first 4 years and the rest was my responsibilty! I gotta find either a sponsor or an employer that will help me out with it, or even better I would find a job that pays a goood amount and pick up the tab on my own!!

What's your degree focus?

Some employers will pay for grad school if you commit to them for a set amount of time.

I would agree with Vegas! Don't take a year off. It is very hard to get back into school mode once you are out of it for that long.

east tx skier
05-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Congrats, Cameron. How'd that b-law final go?

Leroy
05-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Dad's just kid about those things, go ahead and hit him up now!

Congrats and good luck!

BeavenX5
05-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Congratulations Cameron. Great accomplishment :toast:

stevo137
05-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Congrats! Awesome job!

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/party5.gif

jraben8
05-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Congratulations! And with honors I think dad would have to reconsider.

tex
05-14-2006, 01:35 PM
congratulations!

Kevin 89MC
05-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Congrats man, great job! Go ski to calm those nerves!

SKI*MC
05-14-2006, 11:36 PM
congradulations man!

bigmac
05-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Congratulations, Cameron. Graduating USC with honors is nothing to sneeze at.

SPPD is an interesting course of study. Job demand ought to be high with all the scrutiny over the last few years on governmental response to various disasters, and increasing emphasis on innovation at all levels of governance. Nice timing... ;)

Sodar
05-15-2006, 12:32 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes and congratulations!

bcampbe7, Real Estate Planning and Development. The program is a joint degree with the business school and SPPD. I also have a minor in construction management, which is a feild that is really taking off with all the development here is California. As for employers paying for grad school, it is entirely possible. Many of my friends have signed loyalty agreements in return for grad school and have been very happy with it, I guess time will tell!