PDA

View Full Version : Rock Aqua Jays!

6ballsisall
05-12-2006, 01:12 AM
Our ski team watched some video footage this evening of last years Nationals to get us all pumped up etc...... Those Aqua Jays are un flippin believable!! Slalom skiers off the jump, 6 guys around the boat IN TWO DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS!!! 4, 4 high pyramids. Hot pickup pyramids!!!

Daummmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

Danimal
05-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Our ski team watched some video footage this evening of last years Nationals to get us all pumped up etc...... Those Aqua Jays are un flippin believable!! Slalom skiers off the jump, 6 guys around the boat IN TWO DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS!!! 4, 4 high pyramids. Hot pickup pyramids!!!

Daummmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

Yes, they are amazing. Very professional team. If you ever get a chance to see them live, do yourself a favor and go!!

jbfootin
05-12-2006, 09:54 AM
The best shows are at the Wisconsin state tourney and the Nationals. They pull out all the stops, and try all of thier hardest stuff. Sometimes during the weekly shows do not live up to what they put on the water for the tourneys. Just the shear numbers are staggering. They will have 100 people on the water at one time. Our whole club was not that big!

tex
05-12-2006, 10:26 AM
The beer tent at Nationals is the best place to watch the shows!

Ski-A-Rees
05-12-2006, 10:37 AM
I've seen videos of them and they are amazing. Are team is going to nationals to watch this year. I wish more people on this board were show skiers rather than recreational skiers with kick @$$ boats!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-12-2006, 10:43 AM
One thing I really would like to do this year is learn to ski around the boat. That would look cool as he11 at the beach! :headbang: :steering: :dance:

anyone here know how to do it? whats the procedure for the skier and the driver?

SOrry to Jack your thread JR, :o but you got me stoked when I read aobut those 6 skiers going around the boat......

erkoehler
05-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey UMP, make sure you have a REALLY good driver.

BrianM
05-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Around the boats are pretty easy. The big thing is the driver. He has to pay a lot of attention. Here is the quick and dirty on how to do it.

Drive a straight line approximately 32-34mph
Driver cuts left as skier pulls to the right creating a whip
Driver cuts throttle and turns hard right (think bat turn) skier continues to pull hard to the right.
Once the boat spins 180 you throttle the boat back out of the hole.
At this time the skier has gone around the boat.
Big thing is timing on the drivers part. If done right there shouldn't be much if any slack rope. If the timing is off there can be some wicked slack
Really not that hard of a trick just have to always watch the skier and the boat.

jraben8
05-12-2006, 11:02 AM
I've done it in a group of 5 all going the same direction but never both directions at once. I saw that at Sea World in San Antonio in March and they did it with 2 each direction.

To reiterate what Brian said about slack rope - we did rip off a bow light and bent the lifting ring on a 83 SN with slack rope during a practice. The light splashed about 60' feet from the boat next to the #4 skier as we were sinking wondering what happened.

jbfootin
05-12-2006, 11:58 AM
The beer tent at Nationals is the best place to watch the shows!
As long as it is not in IL. Loves park is, or at least was, dry :mad:

360 around the boat is fun. 2 tips.

tell the skier to cut but don't cut hard. If you are too agressive you will go from 32mph to somewhere around 900mph and have a cool wipe out.

Once you get around and the boat is in front of you again, wait a little bit to celibrate. There is usually a heck of a wave from the power turn waiting to knock you on your butt (or face) :eek:

for the most part, it is all in the driver. The skier just has to cut out and hold on. :steering: :toast:

Ski-A-Rees
05-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Go to www.Skiarees.com and click on accomplishments. The in the red box click on World Record 10 skiers 360 degrees around the boat. There are detailed pictures on what it should look like all the way through. This is my boat too!

jbfootin
05-12-2006, 04:04 PM
We used to chain 8 or 9 360s together. the skier just kept cutting to the right and the boat kept swirving his way through the coarse. Most 360s are actually 180s that the skier cuts in front of the boat, but with this act the skier actually goes all the way around each time and the boat kept moving right to left through the coarse. :guitar:

firstmc
05-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Can this be done on a wakeboard??? Anyone ever try it??? Just curious??

jbfootin
05-14-2006, 12:10 AM
would probably be easier on a wake board. you can coast farther, at lower speeds.

tex
05-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Slow it down and it is easier on a wakeboard.