PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Used a Boarding Ladder?

sixysixss
05-11-2006, 03:26 PM
I know the subject of ladders to get back on the platform or boat may be "frowned upon," but the parents like to go out with us once in a while and have trouble getting in the boat. My old boat had a ladder that swung down from the swim step. I don't think I want to add anything that permanent to the swim platform on my X9. Has anyone used a temporoary ladder that they can recommend? Something that could temporarily sit on the platform would be great. Any ideas? Thanks.

Rob

DanC
05-11-2006, 03:51 PM
If you use a temporary ladder, you will need to find a place to store it when not in use (nice upholstry/fiberglass dinger)
Mag added a step to his platform. Search on "platform ladder" and you will find his three threads.
Here is one.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=2171&highlight=platform+ladder

Looks like the pictures are gone. Mag did a nice job, it folded up neatly under the platform.

6ballsisall
05-11-2006, 03:55 PM
SSSS, Mag Red made one for his 209 that is spiffy for this very reason. Might PM him about it.

jayderwin1
05-11-2006, 04:20 PM
use a rope ladder with metal rungs, tie it off to the handle in the back of your boat.

sixysixss
05-11-2006, 05:44 PM
use a rope ladder with metal rungs, tie it off to the handle in the back of your boat.

That is what I was thinking. Are the metal rungs better than plastic rungs? I've seen alot of plastic, but no metal yet.

88 PS190
05-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Rope might not be the greatest if you are dealing w/ mobility issues.

Seems like you'll need something more stable. There are a bunch of ladders out there that would attach underneath, and slide out then down a section, would not be too difficult to retrofit one.

jimmer2880
05-11-2006, 08:27 PM
When my wife was 6 months pregnant last year, I took an old slalom handle, tied a couple knots in it to shorten, then hung it from the tow eye in the back of the boat & over the teak. It worked pretty well for her. I don't know how well your folks get along, but it may be enough until you're ready to go to the full ladder.

If I remember correctly, Mag's setup was pretty sweet.

Mi.mc
05-11-2006, 08:29 PM
could always just fill the ballast and float em up on the swim platform

Mag_Red
05-11-2006, 09:07 PM
I lost the pics but will reshot some as soon as I get to thhe lake this week-end. It'll give me and excuse to check on my baby :D