PDA

View Full Version : Wide Ride Slalom Competition - INT League

BuoyChaser
05-11-2006, 10:45 AM
how many of you have tried the Wide Ride Slalom Competition with INT League...been doing it for the last 6yrs and is a blast!!!max speed is 30mph and once you reach that speed you start shortening the rope...really fun and helped teach me the pendulum effect and the importance of speed behind the boat...

anyways seems like the only manufacturer that has built a ski to the INT League Wide Ride specs has been HO...

Wide Ride Fun - Max 28 off @ 30 mph
Wide Ride Super Fun - 35 off & up @ 30 mph
Wide Ride Open - 38 off & up @30 mph

i picked up a HO Burner 67" a few years ago when I made it to Nats for Wide Ride Fun, my skis it and loves it at 61, he never goes above 30mph anyways...so i've been without a burner for a few years now, just borrow them at int tourneys...

WANTED: HO Burner 67" Slalom Ski Blank - GOT ONE???

http://www.intleague.com

Leroy
05-11-2006, 11:46 AM
I joined water ski USA and saw that division in several of the local events. THere is weekly course training night here we are going to this summer. For $25 you get as many pulls on Monday night as you can take. With daylight savings time I'm sure it will be plenty.Looks like fun!

BuoyChaser
05-11-2006, 11:53 AM
I joined water ski USA and saw that division in several of the local events. THere is weekly course training night here we are going to this summer. For $25 you get as many pulls on Monday night as you can take. With daylight savings time I'm sure it will be plenty.Looks like fun!
sounds like a blast...didn't know that AWSA tournaments were doing it too, that's great!!!

Ric
05-11-2006, 12:43 PM
I canNOT ski that slow... too fat I think!
we have a burner in the garage, maybe I should give it a go?

how many of you have tried the Wide Ride Slalom Competition with INT League...been doing it for the last 6yrs and is a blast!!!max speed is 30mph and once you reach that speed you start shortening the rope...really fun and helped teach me the pendulum effect and the importance of speed behind the boat...

anyways seems like the only manufacturer that has built a ski to the INT League Wide Ride specs has been HO...

Wide Ride Fun - Max 28 off @ 30 mph
Wide Ride Super Fun - 35 off & up @ 30 mph
Wide Ride Open - 38 off & up @30 mph

i picked up a HO Burner 67" a few years ago when I made it to Nats for Wide Ride Fun, my skis it and loves it at 61, he never goes above 30mph anyways...so i've been without a burner for a few years now, just borrow them at int tourneys...

WANTED: HO Burner 67" Slalom Ski Blank - GOT ONE???

http://www.intleague.com

BuoyChaser
05-11-2006, 12:56 PM
I canNOT ski that slow... too fat I think!
we have a burner in the garage, maybe I should give it a go?
does your burner have the center runner on the bottom???if you don't like it sell it to me for cheap!!!

Ric
05-11-2006, 12:59 PM
does your burner have the center runner on the bottom???if you don't like it sell it to me for cheap!!!
yes I call it the rhodesian ridgeback of waterskis
no can do on the sale though pal. That's my ladies ski and she likes it ya know?

BuoyChaser
05-11-2006, 02:19 PM
yes I call it the rhodesian ridgeback of waterskis
no can do on the sale though pal. That's my ladies ski and she likes it ya know?
then you can get her a new one!!!

daveg
05-11-2006, 05:33 PM
You guys sound pretty enthused about the Charger. It is one of the skis I am thinking of demo'ing soon, as well as the HO Triumph, and possibly Obrien Synchro. Does that dual concave bottom on the Charger really work or bring value?? I am 205-210 Lbs. and currenty ski at 30-31 mph @15 off. I want to progress to 32-34 mph and get through the course consistently. Any thoughts on the Charger or the other skis would be appreciated. I talked to a gent from this board the other day who is very enthusiastic about the Synchro. One way or the other, I think I am headed for one of the "shaped" wider skis.

Ric
05-11-2006, 05:58 PM
is the burner same as the charger?
the charger is so stable and easy to ski around and yet still ski bouys, it's unreal! If you thinkyou will ski the course or ski faster, I'd start with the vengeance or something since you are already skiing 30ish and 15off.. I have a 170lb buddy skiing a cdx at 30mph 15off and he likes it FWIW

daveg
05-11-2006, 08:58 PM
is the burner same as the charger?
the charger is so stable and easy to ski around and yet still ski bouys, it's unreal! If you thinkyou will ski the course or ski faster, I'd start with the vengeance or something since you are already skiing 30ish and 15off.. I have a 170lb buddy skiing a cdx at 30mph 15off and he likes it FWIW

Yep, sorry...the Charger is the 69" version of the Burner (67"). I have been skiing the course for years on the VTC (same as HO Turbo). But, looking forward to trying something with newer technology to see if it helps me improve. Tried the Vengence a few years ago, and for some reason couldn't even get up on it. So, I hung in there on the VTC. Thanks for the input!

Ric
05-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Yep, sorry...the Charger is the 69" version of the Burner (67"). I have been skiing the course for years on the VTC (same as HO Turbo). But, looking forward to trying something with newer technology to see if it helps me improve. Tried the Vengence a few years ago, and for some reason couldn't even get up on it. So, I hung in there on the VTC. Thanks for the input!
I got off of an old turbo several years back and got onto that burner.... You will be flat out amazed how much easier it is to ski on the shaped ski from your old one. wayyyy less work means more fun for you!

BuoyChaser
05-11-2006, 09:39 PM
amazing how much of a difference the rhodesian ridgeback of waterskis makes for easier turning, even in serious chop...easily get into 35' off, compared to older Burner's that didn't have the the rhodesian ridgeback of waterskis