PDA

View Full Version : New Ski!

jmyers
05-10-2006, 03:52 PM
I bought an "05" HO Vengence today with the venom bindings! Any thoughts on the ski, and are the bindings ok or should I have gotten the Animals? I haven't used it yet, so I want to make sure I have the right setup! Thanks

Ric
05-10-2006, 03:54 PM
I have that same ski and boot setup and love it

it's way way heavier than a cdx or any carbon ski but it works well for me in the 34mph range 15 & 22off

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 03:54 PM
I think it's a great ski. My wife had one with the Venoms and decided to trade it for the Truth. I rode it and found to to be really, really stable and easy to ride. As for the Venoms, they are fine, but I prefer the animals. I like the footbed. Lots of folks like the Wileys Boots as well.

That said, I have a pair of Approach boots in the mail.

jmyers
05-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the replies! I paid $349.99 for the ski and bindings I think it is a good deal! :D

Ric
05-10-2006, 05:02 PM
I think that's a good price, take the wing off unless you are in the course and shortline, the ski is very smooth that way

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Very good price. For a while, they weren't making as many of the Vengeance/ASX, and as a result, they were pricey. We bought my wife a very clean demo for $199. Boots ran us $200. Sold it after six months for $200 (blank). Kept the boots and put them on her Truth.

Agree with Ric on the wing. Best thing I ever did was put it in the bag for the time being.

jmyers
05-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Very good price. For a while, they weren't making as many of the Vengeance/ASX, and as a result, they were pricey. We bought my wife a very clean demo for $199. Boots ran us $200. Sold it after six months for $200 (blank). Kept the boots and put them on her Truth.

Agree with Ric on the wing. Best thing I ever did was put it in the bag for the time being.
I am thinking about the boots though, I don't know if the animals are better than the venom's! The guy at the shop said the anomal's fit differntly in the cooler water! :confused:

Ric
05-10-2006, 05:16 PM
I am thinking about the boots though, I don't know if the animals are better than the venom's! The guy at the shop said the anomal's fit differntly in the cooler water! :confused:
dont know, never tried em
I like my venoms fine

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 05:26 PM
I am thinking about the boots though, I don't know if the animals are better than the venom's! The guy at the shop said the animals fit differntly in the cooler water! :confused:

The main difference of which I'm aware is that the Animals have a nice, comfy, orthotic-like footbed in them. As for difference in fit based on water temp, I don't know. I've not yet had a boot that felt great out of the box. They all take some breaking in before they feel good. Often times, when new, they'll hurt for a while (unless you wear them around the house).

My wife's Venoms were size medium, so for my size large foot, they felt tight. But I didn't consider them uncomfortable. I was using Obrien Contact boots on my Mapple at the time and they were basically the same sort of deal as the venoms.

When I got the CDX, I went with the animals because that was HOs best boot at the time and I wanted to see what the fuss was about.

I've never had trouble moving skis and boots on ebay when I decided to try something else. Between the ASX and the Mapple that we demo'd the ebay way, we broke even and demo'd them long term for shipping. So if you try the venoms and don't love them, you can probably sell them pretty easily and get what you want.

Caveat: ICBW.