PDA

View Full Version : 91-94 speaker question...

atomicdawg
05-10-2006, 03:58 PM
I am upgrading the speakers in my 93 prostar and have a question. is removing the driver's seat the only way to replace the front, right speaker in boat? and is it very difficult to remove the seat?

sanjuan23
05-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Working on my brother in laws last weekend seemed like removing the seat was really the only option. Dont really remeber it being that difficult

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Does it not slide forward far enough to access it?

atomicdawg
05-10-2006, 04:06 PM
hopefully it will not be too difficult. be my weekend project.

tex...my seat will not slide far enough to get to it, I sure wish it did. But I am putting in a new stereo as well, and I will have a lot more room to work with by taking the seat out.

92 190 PS
05-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Just put 4 new speakers all the way around in my 92 and it's very simple. Taking the drivers seat out is simple. There are 5 or so screws in the front and 5 or so screws in the back that hold the plastic base and that is it (just slide the seat forward and back to get to the screws). Took me maybe an hour or so to replace two rear speakers and add the two new front speakers. Good luck....

atomicdawg
05-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Just put 4 new speakers all the way around in my 92 and it's very simple. Taking the drivers seat out is simple. There are 5 or so screws in the front and 5 or so screws in the back that hold the plastic base and that is it (just slide the seat forward and back to get to the screws). Took me maybe an hour or so to replace two rear speakers and add the two new front speakers. Good luck....

Thanks for the help....does not sound too bad at all.

BrianS
05-10-2006, 05:43 PM
The driver's seat on a '92 is different than a '93. On my '93 slide the drivers seat all the way back and you can take the 2 front screws out of the rails. Then remove the bottom cushion and slide the seat forward until the holes in the bottom of the seat line up with the screws for the back of the slide rails. Use a long handle screwdriver to get to the back screws.

Removing the seat is the only way to get the speaker out.

jake
05-10-2006, 08:27 PM
I replaced all four speakers on my '93 without removing the drivers seat. Don't remember it even really being in the way.

teddy
05-10-2006, 10:01 PM
I don't know about the seat but an off set screwdriver works fine on the screws holding the speaker in. They look like an "L" and can get in a tight spot. You might also be able to use a small ratchet with the appropriate screwdriver in the socket.

LakePirate
05-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Perhaps you can get Rod to come do it....

Sorry what'shisnutz couldn't resist