PDA

View Full Version : nautique

rodltg2
05-10-2006, 02:34 PM
man are these hard to drive. track straight as an arrow like its on rails. but once its time to go around the island it fights you pretty hard. its hard to get used to the opposite rotation.

atlfootr
05-10-2006, 02:37 PM
man are these hard to drive. track straight as an arrow like its on rails. but once its time to go around the island it fights you pretty hard. its hard to get used to the opposite rotation.Ya should of pulled a crash 'n burn :firejump:
SAVE THE ROTT"S :)

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 02:38 PM
I've driven a couple of the older ones and had a similar impression. Tracked well, but was not what I was used to. RH rotation felt very strange to me.

Sodar
05-10-2006, 02:41 PM
man are these hard to drive. track straight as an arrow like its on rails. but once its time to go around the island it fights you pretty hard. its hard to get used to the opposite rotation.

I have never really noticed it. I have only driven my buddy's V-drive, going in a straight line. I will have to take a turn at speed to see if I notice anything. I do know that the opposite rotation is a pain for docking. I like when it pulls to the right when in reverse, so you can stick your arm out to fend off. Docking with the Nautiques, you have gotta have another person in the boat or be really quick to grab the dock, especially if you are in a current or windy situation!

6ballsisall
05-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Drove a 196 last season and thought the same thing. It tracked well enough that I bet I could have let go of the steering wheel with a good skier. Turning around made me flex some muscle though

rodltg2
05-10-2006, 02:59 PM
I have never really noticed it. I have only driven my buddy's V-drive, going in a straight line. I will have to take a turn at speed to see if I notice anything. I do know that the opposite rotation is a pain for docking. I like when it pulls to the right when in reverse, so you can stick your arm out to fend off. Docking with the Nautiques, you have gotta have another person in the boat or be really quick to grab the dock, especially if you are in a current or windy situation!

yep, im used to pushing off the dock form the drivers seat. just a matter of getting used too

ajgressette
05-10-2006, 03:24 PM
I would rather paddle my Mastercraft than drive a Nautique. :headbang:

Cloaked
05-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Nautiques are an excellent boat, as is the MC.

rodltg2
05-10-2006, 03:42 PM
i agree its a great boat, just hard to get used when you've had regualr rotation for so long.

kalanic
05-10-2006, 03:43 PM
In a recent issue of Wakeboard Magazine they compared wakes on new boats. Nautiques had one of the worst, pure rooster tail & white wash. Mastercraft X-series were bar-none the best shape & form.

rodltg2
05-10-2006, 03:50 PM
i dont have any experience behind any wake machines.. but the wake on 196 is great.

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Please be careful talking up the competition folks. This is the kind of stuff that can escalate to the point where the mod's thumbs get broken. :)

jmyers
05-10-2006, 03:55 PM
My "82" Nautique was a great boat and had a nice slalom wake! And it turned very sharp, and easy! Both MC an SN are great boats, I just think MC is the way to go for newer models! Hence why I bought MC! :D

Sorry Doug MC is "great" SN is "just ok" :D

rodltg2
05-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Please be careful talking up the competition folks. This is the kind of stuff that can escalate to the point where the mod's thumbs get broken.
ok the wake sucks..

Jim@BAWS
05-10-2006, 04:29 PM
What is this thread about again

Oh yeah the wake SUCKS according to ROD

ok the wake sucks..

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 04:29 PM
The way it's been explained to me most recently by the powers that be:

When posting on the TT forum ...

We can mention 'em. We can say it's a nice ride if we want to. What they don't like is where we say X brand is better than MC in one way shape or form, or recommend that someone buy X brand over MC.

Clear as mud, right?

I'd link to a thread I started that's a perfect example of how not to do it, but it was deleted a long time ago. :o

I wasn't saying anything had crossed the line. But we've had lots of new members posting lately, so I thought it was worth mentioning for what it was worth.

kalanic
05-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Well said eastie! We must try to stick to the facts!

Jorski
05-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Rod actually said that the nautique was hard to drive, we are allowed to put down the competition ? right?

I can never keep it straight, are we in North Korea or South Korea?

bcampbe7
05-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Rod actually said that the nautique was hard to drive, we are allowed to put down the competition ? right?

Regardless of where you are geographically, MC makes the rules.

Click on the FAQ link in my signature and read the first link. Thems pretty much the rules set by MC.

6ballsisall
05-10-2006, 05:33 PM

lol!!

I will say it was a nice boat, sure felt different though. It really felt like a tug. Instead of gliding thru the water it felt like it was pushing itself thru the water

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 05:43 PM

When ever somebody mentions Korea, I always think of this.

"Well, I didn't know you wanted to get involved with the discussion Mr. Helper." (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.tryons.com/samkinison.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.tryons.com/historyclasssoundbite.htm&h=330&w=300&sz=15&tbnid=s3Wc2FdRu87AMM:&tbnh=114&tbnw=103&hl=en&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBack%2Bto%2BSchool%2BKinison%26svnum% 3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DCNDB,CNDB:2005-48,CNDB:en)

/clicky
//I miss Sam.

jpattigr
05-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Last Boat was a Nautique now own a Mastercraft, both are very good and are the 2 best by far. I am very happy with my MC and will be keeping it for a while.
2 years ago we were lucky to have the big "3" boats at the same time and did some back to back between M MC and CC and the CC and MC were much much more solid and well built. The M was a fun boat but you wondered if it would be a good long term purchase!!
Love these discusssions!!

Buy_Low
05-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Not a bad deal on a ski natique.... I know this isn't the place to plug SN's but I always look at DC's craigslist for deals!

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/boa/159724228.html

skipete
05-12-2006, 12:38 AM
I've got a good pic of rods old boat towing my neighbors nautique to the gas dock. As a towed vessel its solid as a rock, then so is an anchor!

PendO
05-12-2006, 01:23 AM
ok the wake sucks..

R O T F L M A O ! Truly one of your best posts:)

twieder
05-12-2006, 08:32 AM
I pulled a friend of mine boarding last year tat owns a '99 pro-air.He was impressed with how much more air and how smoothe the launch off my 2k x-star was compaired to his.
I also pull Jay Belcher (he boards outlaw and some semi-pro stuff in the mid-west) and he prefers MC wake over his parents CC wake! The only thing I hate is having to drive when pullin a tallented rider!

Datdude
05-12-2006, 11:36 AM
I helped a buddy take his 2003 SN 196 out of the lake last year and was driving around waiting for him to get to the launch. My initial thought was that the boat felt heavy. It did not want to pop out of the water like my 99 Sportstar CB and the steering was tougher also. The other thing that surprised me was when I slowed down and hit what I thought was a small wave. I ended up with 50 gallons of water on my lap. I had encountered waves much larger than that with my Sportstar and had never gotten wet. I saw the nose plow through it......rush up the bow......halfway up the windshield I though.....uh oh..........splash. My friend's 4 year old son was in the observer seat and he got drenched and was laughing uncontrollably(he never saw it coming). The other big turn-off for me regarding CC is the styling. It is kinda like a woman...if you are not attracted to her it usually will not work out.

My love of MC styling started in 1988 when I was 10 years old. A guy on our lake got a teal 1988 PS 190 and I was in love. Through the years MC has changed the looks without losing the sleek and sexy styling. CC's look like they were designed by a 4 year old with a crayon :uglyhamme NAPPY

captain planet
05-12-2006, 11:57 AM
I would rather paddle my Mastercraft than drive a Nautique. :headbang:
I will second that. A.K.A. Ski-Antique.

rodltg2
05-12-2006, 12:00 PM
i hope thats not a pic taken today.!

captain planet
05-12-2006, 12:02 PM
i hope thats not a pic taken today.!
Nope, couple years old. I don't even own that truck anymore :(.

vegashomeexpert
05-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Steering is fixed with the '06 rudder. Heavy, sluggishness is fixed by hooking the hull. Doesn't that work for all brands? :rolleyes:

captain planet
05-12-2006, 02:59 PM
I've got a good pic of rods old boat towing my neighbors nautique to the gas dock. As a towed vessel its solid as a rock, then so is an anchor!
I would like to see that pic posted!!!!!!!!