PDA

View Full Version : Mothers day gifts for the wife

Flatwaterfooter
05-10-2006, 01:49 PM
need some ideas as we get late in the week. I got the wife a tread mill a little while back and she said "don't get me anything for mothers day this will be my mothers day gift". I know this really was just a reminder that mothers day was coming up. So I need to get her something, nothing big. Any thoughts what is everyone else doing.

jraben8
05-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Probably a certificate for a day at the Spa since I traded her SUV away 2 weeks ago. Our 10 year anniv is June 1 so I have that to prepare for as well.

kalanic
05-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Got her a lei & flower arangement from Hawaii. SOme chocolate covered strawberries. All purchased online.

MarkP
05-10-2006, 02:03 PM
This is what Iím getting for Renť. Its not much, but I hope she at least appreciates the effort, :cool: ..

Flatwaterfooter
05-10-2006, 02:05 PM
This is what Iím getting for Renť. Its not much, but I hope she at least appreciates the effort, :cool: ..

Thats a fine gift I hope she uses it. Please keep the ideas coming

MarkP
05-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Thats a fine gift I hope she uses it. Please keep the ideas coming
She actually told me not to get her one, BUT, I know what she really meant, So Iím going to pick it up Sat.

bcampbe7
05-10-2006, 02:12 PM
She actually told me not to get her one, BUT, I know what she really meant, So Iím going to pick it up Sat.

You have a heart of gold Mark! :uglyhamme

I also am not sure what to get the wife. Does being pregnant with our first mean that I should be getting her something for Mother's Day??? :confused:

She had mentioned a while back that she wanted some of those Crocs (shoes) so I may pick those up and some flowers. We generally don't go overboard with gifts as we get so much throughout the year... :cool:

beef
05-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Me & the Boys will be fixing her a nice dinner on Sunday and cleaning up afterwards. Simple, and gets the kids involved.

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 02:17 PM
You have a heart of gold Mark! :uglyhamme

I also am not sure what to get the wife. Does being pregnant with our first mean that I should be getting her something for Mother's Day??? :confused:

She had mentioned a while back that she wanted some of those Crocs (shoes) so I may pick those up and some flowers. We generally don't go overboard with gifts as we get so much throughout the year... :cool:

Yes, you are supposed to get her something as far as she's concerned.

I'll go the flowers and chocolate covered strawberries route. Just picked up all the cards over lunch.

ski_king
05-10-2006, 02:26 PM

Mark,
I hate to be the one to ask, but what is that thing?

I need to know what to ask for when I go shopping for my wife. :o

jmac197
05-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Good old fashion foot massage and back rub. All done after the kids are in bed and dishes picked up. It's less expensive but worth a million bucks!!!

Sounds korney.....

Oh yeah...a new Obrien syncro, neo vest, and easy up handle. I'm not sure how that will go over. She was going to get those things anyway. Mother's day just provides an excuse.

MarkP
05-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Mark,

Itís a rake, http://littlewonder.com/turf-rake.asp (used but in good shape). Go for it man, she will love it

starman205
05-10-2006, 02:59 PM
This is what I'm getting my favorite MC driver (that would be my wife). :)

SkiDog
05-10-2006, 04:32 PM
need some ideas as we get late in the week. I got the wife a tread mill a little while back and she said "don't get me anything for mothers day this will be my mothers day gift". I know this really was just a reminder that mothers day was coming up. So I need to get her something, nothing big. Any thoughts what is everyone else doing.

Buy her some lottery tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

M-Funf
05-10-2006, 04:40 PM
A day at the spa...hands down.

I usually get my wife a one-hour massage, foot reflexology massage, or salt scrub (I don't know what that is, really, but she seems to like it :o )

River Rat
05-10-2006, 04:42 PM
My wife just started wakeboarding so I'm thinking a new set of boots for that old board she is learning on. The board is in good shape but the boots are falling apart. Plus last week I went to the store for milk and came home with flowers. You get more bang for your buck when she is not expecting them. ;)

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 04:43 PM
You get more bang for your buck when she is not expecting them. ;)

That's my philosophy. But I get them when she is expecting them, too, just to be on the safe side.

betsy&david Harrison
05-11-2006, 10:56 PM
A day at the spa...hands down.

I usually get my wife a one-hour massage, foot reflexology massage, or salt scrub (I don't know what that is, really, but she seems to like it :o )
Ahhhh, I could use that! I'd take this over a new ski and I need a new ski

erkoehler
05-12-2006, 01:43 AM
My mom wants me to plant some flowers in the garden :popcorn: couldn't just call the florist :(

mitch
05-12-2006, 07:48 AM
I was going to ask him if you didn't :D
Flowers and dinner made by the kids and I, incl clean up. Pretty simple. Stuck indoors this w/e, w/ 6"+ of rain :mad:

Mark,

86Craft
05-13-2006, 08:28 PM
I got the wife a Unsinkable Molly Brown for the world biggest money pit, our inground pool. I wish this pool ran like my 86. :steering:

lakes Rick
05-18-2006, 07:28 PM
OOPS, I forgot to send the EX something??

MarkP
05-18-2006, 09:38 PM

Forgot to mention,

After driving 5 hrs each way to get this,
she wasnít impressed!!