PDA

View Full Version : TT and Non-TT: what is the differences?

6ballsisall
05-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Just curious, what are the differences between the Tournament Team and Non-Tournament team 197's? Are there any other than limited production of TT boats and you have to be a pro skier/driver to get one new?

rodltg2
05-10-2006, 12:18 PM
not just for pro skiers/drivers.... no difference except in 2002..that year the TT hull was hooked and the other were not.
TT boats will all have PP, tunable rudder and at least MCX motor

6ballsisall
05-10-2006, 12:21 PM
not just for pro skiers/drivers.... no difference except in 2002..

And in 02? Was is that the 02 TT's had the hooked hull?

rodltg2
05-10-2006, 12:22 PM
i just edited...

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 12:22 PM
I think in 94, some of the TT boats had a spray mod. Just what I've read though.

I think the question is, how is the non-TT boat optioned. You could get a non-TT boat optioned just like the TT boat and there'd be, as Rod says, no difference.

Ric
05-10-2006, 12:24 PM
tt boats have a different gelcoat scheme that you cannot order on the non TT 197 (there are 100 of them made)
tt boats have black windshield frames and black dashes
tt boats have powerslot and mcx and perfect pass
I dont know if TT boats come with mini tower or you have to add that
only promo members can order the tt boat and they usually sell it at the end of the season
I may have left out a few details but thats what I know
oh and you get a dash plaque, dont forget that

rodltg2
05-10-2006, 12:33 PM
they get outfitted as the promo member wants it. that why some have towers/ some dont. some mcx some lq9.

rodltg2
05-10-2006, 12:35 PM
i think although imbw , that the question was leaning towrds if there are any hull differences . where there arent any except in 02.

Evan Jones
05-10-2006, 12:36 PM
And let's not forget, you can usually get one hell of a boat that's only one year old for a severly discounted price.

Ric
05-10-2006, 12:44 PM
i think although imbw , that the question was leaning towrds if there are any hull differences . where there arent any except in 02.
I think JR wants a RED boat

Workin' 4 Toys
05-10-2006, 01:33 PM
What's up Jeff. You thinking about a new boat to go along with the new truck or what?

6ballsisall
05-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Only in my dreams guys! :rolleyes:

Ric, Red wouldn't be my ideal color!!

Ric
05-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Only in my dreams guys! :rolleyes:

Ric, Red wouldn't be my ideal color!!
sorry, I know of no purple TT boats ;)

6ballsisall
05-10-2006, 01:50 PM
sorry, I know of no purple TT boats ;)

Well than.....my decision is made no boat for me!! :D

rodltg2
05-10-2006, 01:57 PM
dont worry im sure you can order the purple..

ntidsl
05-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Hey Jeff...my Boat Got You Thinking...sweet Huh...

6ballsisall
05-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Hey Jeff...my Boat Got You Thinking...sweet Huh...

Sweet is an understatement my friend!! :toast:

Ric
05-10-2006, 02:23 PM
dont worry im sure you can order the purple..
not if he wants a TT boat rodlt..... which he does not... not even if they return his phone calls...

rodltg2
05-10-2006, 02:25 PM
no he can just order a new one purple.

T5_Steve
05-10-2006, 02:25 PM
not just for pro skiers/drivers.... no difference except in 2002..that year the TT hull was hooked and the other were not.
TT boats will all have PP, tunable rudder and at least MCX motor

What is a hooked hull and what does it do for ya?

I've seen a couple of TT's listed recently with ballast, but no tower. Not sure why someone would option one that way. :confused:

Ric
05-10-2006, 02:27 PM
no he can just order a new one purple.
but he was asking about a TT boat

edit, hey whatshisnutz, you can't get a TT scheme in anything other than the color of that year's TT scheme
:D

Ric
05-10-2006, 02:28 PM

I've seen a couple of TT's listed recently with ballast, but no tower. Not sure why someone would option one that way. :confused:
MTS ballast is most likely what they mentioned... its an option of a hard ballast tank found under the observer side dash to offset the weight of the driver when there is no observer present during training runs.

oh and in 02 MC added a hook to the hull where the bottom meets the stern for a better 3 event wake

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Couldn't think of a good boat that began with "L," but the MTS ballast is a pretty sweet option IMO. ;)

RobertT
05-10-2006, 02:36 PM
We have a pro on my lake that gets one every year, then sells it at a good price.

My worry is, and has always been on that type of boat, how was it maintained?

If you know you get a new one every year, do you change the oil? Was it broke in properly? If MC had a production stage that properly broke in the engine out of the box it would ease my mind, but I would be fearful that a Pro would take a boat out of the box and....well....ski with it. Thats what its for.

anyway, I wish I didn't have that fear. Tony Knight has a very pretty black and white TT 197 sitting across the lake from me that I have been eyeballing for a few months:)

Naaa, I am going to wait for the new open bow in 07 to come out and see if it will be allowed on my lake first.

jraben8
05-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that Tony was still around there. If memory serves me correctly, the Knights were always meticulous about their stuff. I still remember the Jeep that he had before he went to Rollins.

rodltg2
05-10-2006, 03:15 PM
but he was asking about a TT boat

edit, hey whatshisnutz, you can't get a TT scheme in anything other than the color of that year's TT scheme
:D

thats why a said a new boat, duh..

Ryan
05-10-2006, 03:20 PM

It's a ballast tank (behind the spotters seat/port storage) to compensate for the driver when you have no spotter, rather than add density and size to the wake.

RobertT
05-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that Tony was still around there. If memory serves me correctly, the Knights were always meticulous about their stuff. I still remember the Jeep that he had before he went to Rollins.

I am sure he is, my concern was in general not directed to any one person. I probably would not be meticulous if I knew I was getting a new boat every year. I know myself.

Ric
05-10-2006, 04:44 PM
thats why a said a new boat, duh..
you dont know diddly nutz

jraben8
05-10-2006, 05:14 PM
I am sure he is, my concern was in general not directed to any one person. I probably would not be meticulous if I knew I was getting a new boat every year. I know myself.

For something like that I would certainly be the same way. Back then they were using their boat for the show team there. It was well taken care of but definately put through its paces.

I'm sorry if my response came across defensive. It wasn't intended that way at all.

Ric
05-10-2006, 05:24 PM
We have a pro on my lake that gets one every year, then sells it at a good price.

My worry is, and has always been on that type of boat, how was it maintained?

If you know you get a new one every year, do you change the oil? Was it broke in properly? If MC had a production stage that properly broke in the engine out of the box it would ease my mind, but I would be fearful that a Pro would take a boat out of the box and....well....ski with it. Thats what its for.

anyway, I wish I didn't have that fear. Tony Knight has a very pretty black and white TT 197 sitting across the lake from me that I have been eyeballing for a few months:)

Naaa, I am going to wait for the new open bow in 07 to come out and see if it will be allowed on my lake first.

I tend to agree with that line of thinking no matter how good a guy is that owns the promo boat. There is just a different air about it when you know it's gone at the end of the season... that said, those guys have to buy that tt boat and want to get as much as they can for it at season's end, so it is in their interest to care for the tt boat well.

I test drove a tt boat before I ordered mine
they would have made me a deal on it, but it looked and felt as you said... just a little less cared for than I'd like to see on a one season boat..

NORTHERN LIGHTS
05-10-2006, 05:47 PM
my tt was perfect with 125hrs on it and ALL the bells and goodies. when I bought I changed the oil and fluids ect. Just remember, these boats still have 2 full years warranty and the lifetime hull warranty. For the money(and I'm talkin' 25k less) you really can't beat these boats if you are lookin' for a 197. Most tt are going to be in great shape because the owner and mastercraft have a vested interest in keeping these boats looking/performing top notch.
p.s. contrary to some peoples beliefs, now is the time to buy a tt. They try to sell them over the winter and if the pro still has the boat when his/her new one comes in they get a little nervous. 2 payments suck--I don't care who you are!!

schmaltzy
05-10-2006, 05:53 PM
my tt was perfect with 125hrs on it and ALL the bells and goodies. when I bought I changed the oil and fluids ect. Just remember, these boats still have 2 full years warranty and the lifetime hull warranty. For the money(and I'm talkin' 25k less) you really can't beat these boats if you are lookin' for a 197. Most tt are going to be in great shape because the owner and mastercraft have a vested interest in keeping these boats looking/performing top notch.
p.s. contrary to some peoples beliefs, now is the time to buy a tt. They try to sell them over the winter and if the pro still has the boat when his/her new one comes in they get a little nervous. 2 payments suck--I don't care who you are!!

LETS SEE SOME PICTURES!!!!!!!

NORTHERN LIGHTS
05-10-2006, 05:59 PM
LETS SEE SOME PICTURES!!!!!!!
I'm trying--I'm totally computer stupid I can't even get my avatar up. lets see what i can do...

NORTHERN LIGHTS
05-10-2006, 06:06 PM
lets see if this works

schmaltzy
05-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Most times I right click on the picture and then click on the subheading that asks if I want to email it. Say yes and then when it opens up it askes if you want to make it smaller (say yes) then when the file is put in the subject I copy it and paste it to the desktop. Then when you are posting here you go to additional options and attach the file from your desk top. The same type of procedure for the avatar. Under the USER CP link

I have an 04 TT and I wanted to see what the light bar looks like on yours - where did you put all your speakers/amp?

schmaltzy
05-10-2006, 06:10 PM
nevermind - boat looks great

Ric
05-10-2006, 06:12 PM
lets see if this works
Northern, is that an ND tower? definitely full tower, not the mini.. correct?

NORTHERN LIGHTS
05-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Northern, is that an ND tower? definitely full tower, not the mini.. correct?
yeah--zero flex full tower. not sure by what you mean. nd tower?

NORTHERN LIGHTS
05-10-2006, 06:20 PM
going back to the original question--this is why I think tt are great buys. The original "sticker" on this boat was 71K. i paid 38k with dual axel trailer and lq9 and 125hrs.
The options drive the price up quick!!!!!!!!!

Ric
05-10-2006, 06:22 PM
yeah--zero flex full tower. not sure by what you mean. nd tower?
cool, by nd, I meant new dimension brand of tower.

NORTHERN LIGHTS
05-10-2006, 06:22 PM
nevermind - boat looks great
now you know what your boat will look like when you add the speakers.
My kid (7years old) loves it when he slaloms. sings along to aeorsmith "dream On"

NORTHERN LIGHTS
05-10-2006, 06:24 PM
If you guys add speakers to the tower you won't be sorry. I board to music all the time. Just makes think=gs "flow" for me!

jpattigr
05-11-2006, 09:11 PM
My 2002 PT 197 boat in lake Powell!!

erkoehler
05-12-2006, 12:48 AM
I was sent here to clarify the tunable rudder on the TT boats.....2006 TT rudder below.

rodltg2
05-12-2006, 01:00 AM
so no more tunable rudders on the TT. it actually looks like its pre -tuned.

Ric
05-12-2006, 01:03 AM
so no more tunable rudders on the TT. it actually looks like its pre -tuned.
I believe you can get the 06 rudder pre tuned or standard... you choose

rodltg2
05-12-2006, 01:05 AM
wonder why? was the tab not workin for them

ntidsl
05-12-2006, 08:26 AM
I have a 2005 TT and put a 2006 rudder on it...my god that thing was neutral through the course...I had to gring the starboard side and stil have to a little...thank for the pic ERk...I have been wondering how far to go...Just a little made a big difference...but with guys skiing 35 and 38 off I need a little more torque...how did you think it drove jrandol?

east tx skier
05-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Erk, that appears to be a factory loaded rudder. Is it? If I recall correctly, Ric is right. A loaded rudder is currently an option in 06.

Ric
05-12-2006, 12:09 PM
I was sent here to clarify the tunable rudder on the TT boats.....2006 TT rudder below.
that's a pretty good pic of the hull hook as well erk

Blair
05-15-2006, 01:30 AM
that's a pretty good pic of the hull hook as well erk

so what am i looking at when looking for a "hook" in that picture

erkoehler
05-15-2006, 01:40 AM
Its just a slight "bump" or "hook" at the edge of the bottom back side of the boat.

Very slight.....

Ric
05-15-2006, 12:17 PM
so what am i looking at when looking for a "hook" in that picture
where the hull bottom meets the stern in that pic, you can see a contour or tapered edge. that's the "hook"