PDA

View Full Version : KGB Ballast info

feydakin
05-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Does anyone have a schematic or detail info on the KGB ballast system? I have an 03 X2 w stock KGB ballast. Recently bought a fly high integrated bow sac (fit under front seats) and I'm trying to figure out how to plumb it. My idea was to install a splitter valve and have it fill off the locker sac pump or one of the back ones. I'd like to avoid buying and installing a 4th pump if possible.

I understand how and where the vent/overflow piping works, but I can't figure out the drain/fill line. This appears to be the same line, yet when the pump is draining, it spits out the same thru hull hole as the overflow does? Is there a line that comes off the pump intake/drain mode discharge which has a check valve going to the thru hull? Any diagrams or info would be great. I can handle the plumbing I think if I can just figure out where to cut and tie into. Please help getting this thing installed so I can get that wake kicking!

matgyver
05-09-2006, 10:31 PM
The locker sac has three total ports. The top two ports are connected to the thru-hulls in the bow, port and starboard sides and are for purging air/overflow. The third port is the one on the bottom that is used to fill/drain the bag. The fill/drain port is connected directly to the ballast pump which is bidirectional. The system has three check valves. One is located on the large supply line, one on each of the drain thru hulls in the back of the boat. Check out this link on Wakeworld. Hope this helps.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/281329.html

P-hat_in_Cincy
05-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Here's another link to a front ballast addition on our former X10. I Teed off the center sac line to fill 2 front bags. The same concept can be used for your situation. You can choose to use this method and add how I chose to fill/drain/vent the Pro X bow sac in our 205V (see link Matgyver posted).

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=13607&highlight=

I'm puzzled when you say "...This appears to be the same line, yet when the pump is draining, it spits out the same thru hull hole as the overflow does?" This has not been my experience. On our '02 X10 MC factory installed ballast there were separate vent/overflow line/thru-hull and discharge lines.

IF MC's standard ballast system layout is the same across models, the fill/drain line is the same line between the bag and the manifold. The manifold system uses check valves to direct the water.

Let me know how I can help.

Harvey
05-11-2006, 08:29 PM
If I remember correctly the 03 X2 has one drain/fill line for each tank/bag. Provided there are only three pumps in the boat for ballast then you have reversible pumps and the same line will fill and drain. The ballast drains through a box in the back of the boat which has a check valve to the intake on the bottom of the boat (which is how it fills the ballast). All the water is pumped from the tanks into this box which is then sent out the thru hulls due to the check valves in place.

Below is a link for how I recently added a ballast fill line without adding an extra pump on my 06 X1. I spliced into to fill/drain line to the center bag at the center drain plug location, I then installed a three way ball valve with an additional line. I didn't route that line I just left the hose free so that I could fill/drain any bag at any spot in the boat.

Click Here (http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=1570)