PDA

View Full Version : Sick of contacting MC

Britt
05-09-2006, 07:01 PM
I have sent emails, called and left messages and used my dealer to get through. My dealer has gotten through but cant ever answer why this is unavailable. I have been told that I can get base color skins for my 92 BF200. All I need is the observer seat bottom skin. And maybe the sundeck. My MC dealer said its unavailable after contacting MC. However, an MC rep said I could get it about 2 months ago. But I have not been able to get any sort of response from them since. Does any one know what the bottom line is? How can I get this damn skins!?

Jerseydave
05-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Maybe MYMC can help you?

erkoehler
05-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Britt, which dealer have you tried?

Footin
05-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Maybe MYMC can help you?

I agree, try Mike, Jim at BAWS or Lex at Rambo.

east tx skier
05-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Britt, here's how I understand it. Officially the cutoff on for anything with accent colors on it was 01/01/2005. The seat base should not be a problem because it is plain white. Not sure about the sundeck. That said, I got some skins with accent colors in about April of last year from Lex at Rambo. If they aren't available, there's a person who can make them for you using the OEM vinyl. There's a post in the FAQ that links to the contact information for this person.

From talking to my local dealer, it appears as though MC has kept this stuff available a lot longer than the competition will remake skins for its customers. I think the cutoff for the other boat maker is something like 7 years or so. But that may be an approximation.

G-man
05-09-2006, 10:25 PM
a lot of IO manufactures doen't have matching parts the next model year. We just ordered a new dash shroud for a boat and had to get a glove box shroud to match the color because of 1 years change in color. No I don't own an IO or plan to. There are no laws about how long marine manufactures have to have stuff avalable. The big 3 inboard manufactures are head and heels above the IO manufactures. The inboard manufactures don't have near the production numbers of the IO type mass produced boats.

east tx skier
05-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Hi George. For the record, if you hang on to your new boat for more than 7 years, you might want some spare skins in that time frame just in case. :)

Britt
05-10-2006, 02:59 AM
well I have the light gray interior if thats the reason they couldnt get them for me.

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Might be. I inquired about a boat in Houston that had the gray interior. I ultimately decided against it because I was concerned that if I ever needed skins, they might not have those.

Try giving Atlfooter's guy a call. He's supposed to be really good. And it's apparently the same stuff you get from MC.

scottman02
05-11-2006, 07:32 PM
I have a 91 Barefoot 200 that I had to have the sun deck replaced. I went to a local upholstry guy and had him match it up (almost perfect).
Cost me about 400 bucks with all new padding, but it sure did dress it up.