PDA

View Full Version : Boat's Here!

rick s.
05-09-2006, 07:22 PM
The new boat arrived at Ski World on Monday, went down and took a couple of pictures, thought I would post them here. In-the-water delivery on Saturday! Can't wait!

jmyers
05-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Very nice, like those colors! Guess we will see you on the water this summer! :D

Footin
05-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Very nice...and as I always say-black is beautiful.

erkoehler
05-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Nice lookin boat!

east tx skier
05-09-2006, 09:52 PM
I really like the color scheme. Nice choice.

Kell
05-10-2006, 01:19 AM
Ric S., congrats on the new ride. I really like the color as well. Post more pics soon.

sizzler
05-10-2006, 03:40 AM
very nice rick.......lovely boat

zberger
05-10-2006, 10:38 AM
boat looks really good.. i love that color combo

6ballsisall
05-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Very nice looking boat Ric S!!!

Ric
05-10-2006, 11:09 AM
I like it! Howcome it is that all the california guys get the diamond plate fenders and not us????

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 11:14 AM
I like it! Howcome it is that all the california guys get the diamond plate fenders and not us????

If I recall correctly, in at least one instance, it was because they were not MC trailers (cost prohibitive to ship the trailers out there maybe). That may be an isolated occurrence though. Maybe Xzibit got 'hold of it?

6ballsisall
05-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Nah, it's because the Californians always have the Bling Bling!! :cool:

Hoosier Bob
05-10-2006, 11:22 AM
If I see you out I will have my bilge pump ready! :D
Very cool and large as well!

Sodar
05-10-2006, 11:23 AM
If I recall correctly, in at least one instance, it was because they were not MC trailers (cost prohibitive to ship the trailers out there maybe). That may be an isolated occurrence though. Maybe Xzibit got 'hold of it?

The MC dealers in the Northwest use SBT (Sport Boat Trailers). Here is Southern California, the local dealerships use the MC trailers, but the biggest significance that I notice is that 99% of the trailers at the dealership are tandem axle. It seems 99% of the boats for sale, east of here are on single axles, unless they are v-drives. I am guessing that it is because most lakes are located 300 miles from Los Angeles and you need to go through arid desert to get there! None the less, I have gotten so accustomed to a tandem axle trailer that I would never own a boat without one. Even on my PS190, the tandem axle tows much smoother, with less feedback than our "X-brand" on a single axle trailer. I guess the only downside I can think of is trying to crank the trailer into the garage and other tight spaces!

Ric
05-10-2006, 11:50 AM
The MC dealers in the Northwest use SBT (Sport Boat Trailers). Here is Southern California, the local dealerships use the MC trailers, but the biggest significance that I notice is that 99% of the trailers at the dealership are tandem axle. It seems 99% of the boats for sale, east of here are on single axles, unless they are v-drives. I am guessing that it is because most lakes are located 300 miles from Los Angeles and you need to go through arid desert to get there! None the less, I have gotten so accustomed to a tandem axle trailer that I would never own a boat without one. Even on my PS190, the tandem axle tows much smoother, with less feedback than our "X-brand" on a single axle trailer. I guess the only downside I can think of is trying to crank the trailer into the garage and other tight spaces!
thats about the only downside to a tandem other than the up front costs or the tire and bearing replacement costs, but those costs aren't that significant in the grand scheme of things I suppose

Sodar
05-10-2006, 11:58 AM
thats about the only downside to a tandem other than the up front costs or the tire and bearing replacement costs, but those costs aren't that significant in the grand scheme of things I suppose

Very true Ric! It is a trade-off for sure. I however will gladly pay the extra money for two more tires, wheels and bearings for the added assurance that if I have a tire or bearing failure at 60mph, my baby will not flip over, have catastophic damage to it or even worse cause a much larger accident that would result in personal injury!

rick s.
05-10-2006, 01:24 PM

This is a Sportboat trailer, built in Northern Cal somewhere, not a Mastercraft trailer, even tho it has the decals.

jmyers
05-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Nah, it's because the Californians always have the Bling Bling!! :cool:
Yea, that's it!! :rolleyes: I haven't found that money tree yet! :D I saw the boat today, I took a trip down to Ski World to get some stuff! Very nice in person! :headbang:

rick s.
05-10-2006, 07:26 PM
there will be no hiding on the lake with this!

jmyers
05-10-2006, 07:54 PM
there will be no hiding on the lake with this!
Don't be afraid rick! :banana:

TMCNo1
05-10-2006, 09:44 PM

California CARB laws, if a MC fender falls off and someone inhales it, they may get cancer if they have any mouse in their genes!

Cloaked
05-10-2006, 09:45 PM
A very nice looking machine...

86Craft
05-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Super Sweet. Love the black. I would like to pick one of those up, but i would have order a new wife also. Do they havel burnetts that make a 100 grand a year in stock?

sand2snow22
05-11-2006, 03:46 AM
[QUOTE=SodarSki73]The MC dealers in the Northwest use SBT (Sport Boat Trailers). QUOTE]

I'm in the NW and I have a MC trailer? My dealer uses only MC trailers except for the X80 which I believe thry come with an Extreme Trailer...Rumor has it the trailer brakes don't work that well on the X80 Extreme trailers....

NORTHERN LIGHTS
05-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Very true Ric! It is a trade-off for sure. I however will gladly pay the extra money for two more tires, wheels and bearings for the added assurance that if I have a tire or bearing failure at 60mph, my baby will not flip over, have catastophic damage to it or even worse cause a much larger accident that would result in personal injury!
guy passed me last summer with a late model bu going about 80 on the highway...i no sooner look at my wife and say look at that *sshole and how fast he's going when...........boooooom. It got ugly..off into the median etc. noone was hurt except for the bu and his pride. After I stop and ran back to see if he was all right he did say "nice boat dude"
tandem are great :D
forgot to add...sweeeeet boat!!!!

rick s.
05-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Cope & McPheters (don't know if I spelled that right) and Ski World share inventory in the Northern California area. C&M order the boats without the MC trailer, then put them on Sport Boat trailers. Ski World orders their boats with MC trailers. Must be one of the ways they differentiate from each other. I don't know if there is a significant cost difference between the two trailers.

The Sportboat trailer seems to be well-built, LED lights, larger box section for the actual trailer , diamond plate on the fenders, oil-bath hubs, disc brakes, probably other stuff I haven't seen yet.

rick s.
05-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Super Sweet. Love the black. I would like to pick one of those up, but i would have order a new wife also. Do they havel burnetts that make a 100 grand a year in stock?

what's a havel burnetts?

My wife has all ready claimed the bow area as her "personal space".

86Craft
05-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Bad spelling, and a bad joke is all that jibberish is.

rick s.
05-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Here's an in-the-water picture of the new boat. I have to say that when I first saw the boat on the trailer, and before it was rigged, I was a little apprehensive of the colors. But now, I'm really pleased.

The trailer uses a 2-5/16ths diameter hitch ball..

wish I could figure out how to insert a picture rather than attach a picture...

rick s.
05-16-2006, 01:41 PM
I guess I'm smarter than I thought I was..

X2M
05-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Congratulations Rick. Beautiful boat. :) :)

Can't wait to see it in person this year at Berryessa. :)

tones03
05-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Love the color scheim, great looking boat, let us know how it pulls.

rick s.
05-16-2006, 02:05 PM
I'll take some pics of the wake and post them. Boat tows really nice with the 350 hp motor, I was a bit suprised. Doesn't have the hole-shot of the older boat (210 vrs w/ LTR 330 hp), but it drives and goes well. The big rudder is wonderful. Can take your hand off the wheel at 35mph and the boat goes straight (not fitted with hydraulic steering). The trim tab (attitude adjustment plate) is fun to play with, and does really change the wake shape. Wake shape with no tab (tab up) is rampy and bigger than with the tab down. With the tab down it easily holds a plane down to about 14 mph.

It's not a ski boat, but we don't ski...

jmyers
05-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Boat looks great!! Sitting on the trailer looks good, in the water really makes the boat sparkle!! :D

BrianM
05-16-2006, 02:47 PM
I have said it before and I will say it again. Metalflake is awsome!:headbang:

Kell
05-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Beautiful boat Rick! The on the water shot really shows the metal flake gel coat. I likey! :D I notice the bow ring on the photo, but could not tell where it actually attaches on a pickle fork? Appears to be on the "port pickle".....;) Say that 10 times in a row after a couple of beers!

bcampbe7
05-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Beautiful boat Rick! The on the water shot really shows the metal flake gel coat. I likey! :D I notice the bow ring on the photo, but could not tell where it actually attaches on a pickle fork? Appears to be on the "port pickle".....;) Say that 10 times in a row after a couple of beers!

The pickle fork does not start till further up. I believe the keel is the same as the non-pickle fork.

Evan Jones
05-16-2006, 03:05 PM
I think that's just a shadow, the ring is on the main "V". The two forks end farther back on the boat close to the metal flake line.

SteveO
05-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Rick,

That sure is purty. Love the metalflake. It looks awesome.