PDA

View Full Version : Steak Marinade

Flatwaterfooter
05-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Anyone have any good steak marinades they are willing to share. I am in the mood for a good steak tonight

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-09-2006, 10:08 AM
kikkomens Soy sauce, mrs dash extra spicy, pepper, garlic powder, season salt. Put it in a ziploc bag with steaks and set in refridgerator overnight for best taste, otherwise at least 4 or 5 hours before cooking. Then when you put the steaks on the grill, pour the remaining marinade from the ziplock bag over the steaks on the grill for more flavor. :)

LakePirate
05-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Buy good meat, put some salt and pepper on it. Grill.

The Key here is to buy good meat. I had a roommate in college that would buy the 1.99 steak and put 12.50 in condiments on it to make it taste good enough to eat. Of course he wasn't buying the condiments so he didn't care.

Leroy
05-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Equal parts of teriyaki and sugar and then some pineapple pieces.

Italian dressing and worchestershire sauce.

I love both on steaks, chicken, and pork chops. UMP is right about the zip lock bags, they work the best for marinates!

tex
05-09-2006, 10:35 AM
cup soy sauce
1/3 cup pickapeppa sauce
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
cup red wine
cup red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 garlic cloves minced
6 Miller Light Beers

Combine all the marinade ingredients except the beers in a bag with steaks. Refrigerate overnight. When you get ready to grill, remove the steaks from the marinade and set aside. Boil marinade and use it as a glaze when you are cooking your steaks! Drink the beers as you enjoy your time at the grill!

05-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Buy good meat, put some salt and pepper on it. Grill.

The Key here is to buy good meat. I had a roommate in college that would buy the 1.99 steak and put 12.50 in condiments on it to make it taste good enough to eat. Of course he wasn't buying the condiments so he didn't care.

Thats funny Lakey. In college, I hung around with guys that would buy a $1.99 steak and put $12.50 worth of beer with it to make it taste better. :rolleyes:

LakePirate
05-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Thats funny Lakey. In college, I hung around with guys that would buy a $1.99 steak and put $12.50 worth of beer with it to make it taste better. :rolleyes:

There is no way we would have ever not drank the 12.50 in beer..

east tx skier
05-09-2006, 10:38 AM
This never fails to impress. The steak is so tender you can almost cut it with a fork.

Argentine Chimichuri Sauce Steak Marinade (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=146747&postcount=24)

6ballsisall
05-09-2006, 11:01 AM
I grilled some T-Bones the other night that were divine. All I did was put a little worcheshire and olive oil in a bowl and let the steaks soak for 1/2 hour then grill at 275 degrees. It was already some quality meat but oh boy was this tasty!!

atomicdawg
05-09-2006, 11:11 AM
another suggestion.....keep some water (beer works really well too) in a small metal pan on the grill while you cook to keep moisture in and the meat from being too dry. you will have tender and juicy steaks, whatever marinade you use.

betsy&david Harrison
05-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Here's one that we love

Penzy's Southwestern Seasoning, garlic salt, pepper and soy sauce. Rub steak with the dry ingred and then pour the soy over it. Let it sit for about 1/2 hour in the stuff and then grill. Yumm!

betsy&david Harrison
05-09-2006, 11:34 AM
How many of you eat Buffalo? I ordered it on line and the New York steaks are soooo good and tender. I highly recommend trying them. I also got ground buffalo and I mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with ground sirloin to make great burgers.

east tx skier
05-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Betsy, we have tried buffalo on numerous occassions and like it. Our steaks were a little tough the first time we tried them, but we had better luck the next time. Makes for good, lean chili, too.

70% leaner than ground beef.

bcampbe7
05-09-2006, 12:09 PM
How many of you eat Buffalo? I ordered it on line and the New York steaks are soooo good and tender. I highly recommend trying them. I also got ground buffalo and I mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with ground sirloin to make great burgers.

I don't think I have ever eaten buffalo but I have had ostrich. It is just like hamburger but much leaner.

east tx skier
05-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Beau, if you like ostrich, you'll like buffalo. Not quite as lean as ostrich, but probably tastes a bit closer to beef.

05-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Beau, if you like ostrich, you'll like buffalo. Not quite as lean as ostrich, but probably tastes a bit closer to beef.
But the real question is: does it taste like chicken? :confused:

8p

bcampbe7
05-09-2006, 01:00 PM

I'll have to give it a try.
There is a place that sells it down by my Grandparents house in Southern Missouri. :cool:

JEREMY79
05-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Deer is also very lean and makes good chili.

6ballsisall
05-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Deer is also very lean and makes good chili.

Ick! Not a deer/venison fan myself. Elk can be mighty tasty though. Course the only deer meat I have had with be from Muley's, these little white tails around these parts might be pretty good though.

6ballsisall
05-09-2006, 01:21 PM

I have had lots of buffalo (have a friend who owns a buffalo farm) and it's really good stuff! I would recommend it to anyone! Buffalo burgers seem to be going mainstream in lots of areas. Buffalo steaks can be a little harder to find.

bcampbe7
05-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Ick! Not a deer/venison fan myself. Elk can be mighty tasty though. Course the only deer meat I have had with be from Muley's, these little white tails around these parts might be pretty good though.

Deer has to be prepared just right.
I had some venison last Summer that was wrapped in bacon. It was better than Filet!

Ryan
05-09-2006, 01:47 PM
I used to be that condiment guy.
Now I use Laury's Perfect Blend seasoning and dry rub, or McCormick GrillMates mix packets.

For variety I like Kikomann's Teriyaki sauce - consistency like soy sauce, not barbeque sauce.

atomicdawg
05-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Deer has to be prepared just right.
I had some venison last Summer that was wrapped in bacon. It was better than Filet!

one of my favorite venison/elk recipes on the grill is to take a tenderized steak wrapped in bacon and stuffed with jalepenos and cream cheese. no other condiment needed and it is absolutey incredible. same recipe is good for any game bird as well (duck, quail, dove).

BrianM
05-09-2006, 02:31 PM
A good standby for me is to use the following seasoning blend as a dry rub on steaks, chicken breasts and pork chops. Rub them down and let them sit in a plastic bag in the fridge for at least a few hours then throw them on the grill. I will do chicken breasts this way and then throw them in the fridge and make chicken salad out of them after the cool. Very good.

8 tablespoons paprika
3 tablespoons cayenne
5 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
6 tablespoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons onion powder
6 tablespoons salt
2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme

jlf
05-10-2006, 08:21 AM
Here is one I like, I've only tried this with a flank steak but it is excellent.

3/4 C. soy sauce
1/3 C. oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 T. molasses
1/4 t. ground ginger
2 T. dry mustard
as much flank steak as needed-semi frozen
cut steaks across the grain as think as desired
put meat in marinade at least 4 hours (overnight is best)
soak skewers for a couple of hours before grilling.

These are excellent for tailgating or for get togethers, pretty quick and easy and excellent.

Workin' 4 Toys
05-10-2006, 08:53 AM
We get "NO NAME STEAKS" no marinades necessary. Take them out of the box, and on the grill.

sanjuan23
05-10-2006, 08:56 AM
I like to use as little marinade as possible. Pepper/Garlic/Olive Oil let those beauties soak up a little dash with kosher salt right before a hot grill for searing it in..

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 10:31 AM
We get "NO NAME STEAKS" no marinades necessary. Take them out of the box, and on the grill.

I like to use as little marinade as possible. Pepper/Garlic/Olive Oil let those beauties soak up a little dash with kosher salt right before a hot grill for searing it in..

On this end of the spectrum, I'm a huge fan of Morton's Nature Seasons seasoned salt and nothing else. Basically, salt, pepper, sugar, celery, garlic, onion powder blend. Great stuff for just about everything.

Sodar
05-10-2006, 10:36 AM
One of the easiest, but all time favorites is Flank Steak marinaded in Yoshida sauce. Its an easy meal I cook for myself at school on the George Foreman Grill (No balcony for a BBQ in the dorms!).

Ric
05-10-2006, 10:57 AM
this won't help you for tonite but you need an overnite marinade and start with a good steak. I like cracked pepper, a bit of worcestishire sauce, some italian salad dressing, half a beer (use your buddy's beer.. your's is for drinking)
let them sit all nite... ooh a little butter on top while they're grilling... just a little now. you are set. have a nice scotch on the rocks with a twist and you are set.. let everyone else eat the vegetables.

LakePirate
05-10-2006, 11:17 AM
One of the easiest, but all time favorites is Flank Steak marinaded in Yoshida sauce. Its an easy meal I cook for myself at school on the George Foreman Grill (No balcony for a BBQ in the dorms!).

Yoshida's is the bomb.

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 11:17 AM
have a nice scotch on the rocks with a twist and you are set.. let everyone else eat the vegetables.

Now I already liked you, but now I find out you're a scotch man! :toast:

Ric
05-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Now I already liked you, but now I find out you're a scotch man! :toast:
oh ya. hey this doesn't mean we're gonna swap spit in the showers there soldier...

east tx skier
05-10-2006, 11:53 AM
No, I said I liked scotch. What you're talking about sounds more like Old Crow! :)