PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions????

aprgriggs
10-05-2004, 03:21 PM
As you all probably know I am trying to sell my 2003 X10. I have it listed for 49,500.00 and I haven't got alot of hits on the boat. I know it is winter time, but if you were selling this boat what you ask for it?

Any price suggestions would be a help.

Boat at marketplace
http://www.tmcowners.com/market/showproduct.php?product=82&sort=2&cat=6&page=1

River Rat
10-05-2004, 03:36 PM
$49.95 and my check is in the mail. :D :D :D

bcampbe7
10-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Is trading it an option? Also, where else do you have it listed?

G-man
10-05-2004, 03:57 PM
I would look at boattrader on line & dallasboats.com Most Dallas area dealers list with them to sell their boats. It's hard selling a used one year old boat with some of the financing packages offered for new boats. What kind of trade do they what to offer a good customer like you? PMed you about a truck.

east tx skier
10-05-2004, 03:59 PM
Your average retail before accessories is $38,840. With the accessories listed on NADA.com, you get to around $45K. Add money for the tandem trailer. I did not include a tower in the options because that's a given on an X-series boat.

If I remember correctly, NADA represents the amount for which you'd buy the vehicle used from a dealer. Things lose a couple of bucks when you buy them from an individual (at least on the automotive end of the equation).

Boats are only worth what you get for them. According to the NADA, and considering options you have on your boat that the NADA has never heard of, you're probably not too far off. But you are in Texas, and we have a lot of boats for sale here. If you haven't had any hits, and you want to sell it sooner than later, you may have to lower your price. Of course, you could also trade it in. I got more in trade for my old I/O than I ever thought of asking for it retail (even after doing the NADA thing).

Good luck.

aprgriggs
10-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Texas Mastercraft has my boat on consignment, but I am making the pricing calls. I don't want to lower the price to much because we would like to use the money down on a new boat. However I know it is winter.

Do you think I should lower the price now or wait till spring when the market is better?

Also, do you think I should be below 47,000.00?

(come on MYMC you are a dealer, what do you think?)

Footin
10-05-2004, 05:59 PM
I do not know how sales tax works in Texas, but in Ohio you only pay tax on the difference of your trade and the new boat. If you buy the new boat with out a trade you pay tax on the entire amount.

So if they will offer you 3 to 4 thousand less than you counld sell it for, take it. To me it is not worht the headache of selling it myself.

If you do want to do it yourself, I HIGHLY recommend boattrader.com,
I sold my last boat in three hours and the add with one picture is only 40 buck.

Just my 2 cents.

T Scott
10-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Aprgiggs- I am also a part time boat/auto dealer. According to some info I found on the internet, the sales tax rate in Texas is 6.25%. If you trade your boat into a dealership, you should be given a tax credit for whatever they give you in trade. For instance, If you sell your boat yourself and get $49,000 for it, you would have to pay sales tax on your next boat on the ENTIRE amount. Even if they only give you $45K in trade, you only pay the DIFFERENCE between 45K and your new boat total. The tax savings could be around $3000 for you, so it essentially like getting $48k for your boat on paper) Make sure you run all the numbers and are looking at the big picture financially. (Please note, this is the way it works in Florida, please check with your local DMV or dealer to make sure the information is accurate.)

mastercraft1995
10-05-2004, 06:46 PM
On a few Mastercraft Dealer web site's they have new 04 X-10's for 53,500. People usually try to get 10 to 15% of of the list price so that takes the price to 48,500 if you use the 10% rule. Plus they are going to dealing on the 04's to make room for the 05's. You also have to remember that that the first year of ownership you really take it in the shorts with depreciation. I'm not sure what the % is during the first year.

I'm currently looking for a X-2 or X-Star, 2002 or an 03. Some people want more for an 02 X-Star with 200 hours than a dealership wants for a 04 X-2 with 40 hours with pretty close to the same options.

I know which one I'm going to buy.

mastercraft1995
10-05-2004, 06:47 PM
On a few Mastercraft Dealer web site's they have new 04 X-10's for 53,500. They are pretty well loaded. People usually try to get 10 to 15% of of the list price so that takes the price to 48,500 if you use the 10% rule. Plus they are going to dealing on the 04's to make room for the 05's. You also have to remember that that the first year of ownership you really take it in the shorts with depreciation. I'm not sure what the % is during the first year.

I'm currently looking for a X-2 or X-Star, 2002 or an 03. Some people want more for an 02 X-Star with 200 hours than a dealership wants for a 04 X-2 with 40 hours with pretty close to the same options.

I know which one I'm going to buy.

east tx skier
10-06-2004, 11:16 AM
As far as the taxes in Texas (huh huh) it's the same as described above. You're not paying sales tax on the whole new boat. You're paying on the difference between the sales price and your trade-in.

I don't know if dallasboats.com is the same site, but www.dallasboats4sale.com is a haven for dealers like Texas MC and Waterski America.

You might give Gus Campbell a call. He's a dealer in Monroe, LA. He's a big MC broker.

ski_king
10-06-2004, 11:28 AM
April,
You mentioned that your family has a Ford dealership. Why not park the boat on the lot with the For Sale sign and see if it draws any attention? Its a great looking boat and the traffic at the lot will draw some attention.

Maybe hook it up to a new red Superduty or Excursion, set it out front. That will bring in some interest.

jpattigr
10-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Another free website that I have had success with selling boats is www.flipsell.com
Try listing there and scout the asking prices, you can tell by the list dates if they are moving at the asking prices.
Good Luck