PDA

View Full Version : New Boat Worries

boatdad
05-08-2006, 04:47 PM
My boat finally arrived at the dealer last week. Stopped in over the weekend to see the boat only to find many items not installed on the boat. The heater, 2 radio remotes, table mounting bracket and bow filler cusion. Not really worried about the latter two items but the heater and 2 radio remotes concern me. The dealer said that it's not a problem and happens from time to time. How does one make a boat and not check to see if all add ons are complete.

AirJunky
05-08-2006, 04:52 PM
From what I've seen, heaters are usually a dealer installed item.

Prostar19
05-08-2006, 04:54 PM
It should not be a problem. Dealers install that stuff all the time. Sounds like they forgot to put that stuff on the order. I find it hard to beleive MC would forget to install that much.

ridehype4life
05-08-2006, 04:55 PM
From what I've seen, heaters are usually a dealer installed item.

I don't think they are, because we ordered our boat without one, and our dealer told us that the factory accidentally installed one in our boat even though we didn't order it.

michael freeman
05-08-2006, 06:26 PM
I don't think they are, because we ordered our boat without one, and our dealer told us that the factory accidentally installed one in our boat even though we didn't order it.

Factory installed Hyd. Steering in my new boat even though I didn't order it. Boat didn't need it due to the rudder upgrades, I wish they accidently installed a heater in mine instead

erkoehler
05-09-2006, 01:01 AM
Boatdad, where are you located?

I don't see much of an issue with a MC dealer taking care of those few items. They should be able to get them all installed and working perfect in a day.

PendO
05-09-2006, 01:23 AM
My boat finally arrived at the dealer last week. Stopped in over the weekend to see the boat only to find many items not installed on the boat. The heater, 2 radio remotes, table mounting bracket and bow filler cusion. Not really worried about the latter two items but the heater and 2 radio remotes concern me. The dealer said that it's not a problem and happens from time to time. How does one make a boat and not check to see if all add ons are complete.

It would be interesting to see your "build sheet" ... ask for a copy.

I'll say this for my dealer ... every single thing I ordered came in installed, only thing that came wrong was the cover ... I got one for an X-7 with the full size tower, not a 197 w/ the mini tower ... but the heater, et. al. was installed from the factory

88 PS190
05-09-2006, 01:26 AM
Makes you wonder if sometimes they don't have a boat built and ready to ship that's near your specs, and therefore just get it on the road, and have the dealer finalize the orders.

sand2snow22
05-09-2006, 02:28 AM
Makes you wonder if sometimes they don't have a boat built and ready to ship that's near your specs, and therefore just get it on the road, and have the dealer finalize the orders.

Or something very similar, MC is trying to get them out of the factory ASAP, especially right now. They have the dealers finish installing these time consuming accessories. And I'm guessing dealers are compensated to finish the installs.....?

Boatdad, your dealer should be up to the task. Mine does them all the time. I would actually trust your dealer doing them over some guy/gal at the factory in a hurry who never has to see you.....

sizzler
05-09-2006, 06:16 AM
my build sheet had for a white lower part of the hull and black upper....i am glad they fu??ed up..the all black is much nicer IMHO

boatdad
05-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Boatdad, where are you located?

I don't see much of an issue with a MC dealer taking care of those few items. They should be able to get them all installed and working perfect in a day.
I'm from the Milwaukee area

TMCNo1
05-09-2006, 01:51 PM
my build sheet had for a white lower part of the hull and black upper....i am glad they fu??ed up..the all black is much nicer IMHO

Sounds to me like you got the wrong boat and somebody somewhere has your boat?

Byrdman
05-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Any of those items can be installed by dealer or MC. More than likely, they are trying to get as many boats out as soon as they can, so little items like these are installed by the dealers.