PDA

View Full Version : new buyers beware!!!

ntidsl
05-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Hey there, just thought I'd freak a couple people out. I purchased a 2005 197 TT this winter/spring. The boat was clean supposedly in and out. The previous owner, I was told, was a nut case about his boats. It's easy to say that about TT owners who only keep them for a year, of course there boats are always meticulous huh?!? He, I was told, changed the oil right at the end of the year and check over everything because he was a service manager at a Ford dealer.

All sounds great huh? Okay well, before going out for that first run this year...I noticed, no atifreeze in the block...no big deal...some people dont fill there boats up...first time in the water a leak in the right muffler/manifold connection...thin fiberglass at the elbow...MC overnighted me a new muffler!!! sweet...

Checked the oil for safety sake...black, black, black!!! Has this oil ever been changed in the 100 hours that was on it??? Oh man...

Okay there can't be anything else right? Nope...impeller looks great...whats this...hmmm..check trannie cooler...okay...holy cow...was there any water getting to the cooler...I doubt it...there was a clump of grass the size of a golf ball in there...what the???

okay, so now...change the oil again and check the tranny oil...and now check with MC to make sure that the warranty is good!!! The dealer who told me all the other stuff told me I'd have the full warranty...I'm gonna check...

Side note...Everyone has been very pleasant to work with, the dealer, MC, etc...but man!!!

6ballsisall
05-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Sorry to hear of the problems NT!! I have to say first hand though that your boat is absolutely a dream!! (Wanna trade straight across?? :D :uglyhamme )

I kinda wonder about the TT boats. Do you think those boats get broke in before they start pulling tourneys or do you think they back em in and get after it with zero hours on the clock?

G-man
05-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Sorry for your problems but it looks like you have a good handle on them. Do yourself a favor and change your impeller every spring. Don't trust how it looks. It is cheap insurance to do it before it creates a problem. welcome to the site.

ntidsl
05-08-2006, 03:03 PM
really haven't been problems as I am a safety first kinda person...but if I wouldn't have looked real close at the manual I'd be screwed right now!!!

Read the manual!!!