PDA

View Full Version : Boat house curtains

Kevin Hickey
05-08-2006, 11:06 AM
I keep my boat on a lift in a boat house at a marina. Some of the slips have lowerable curtains that shield the back of their boats from rain and sunlight. Anybody know where to buy these?

bigmac
05-08-2006, 11:25 AM
I keep my boat on a lift in a boat house at a marina. Some of the slips have lowerable curtains that shield the back of their boats from rain and sunlight. Anybody know where to buy these?

Canopy Skirts (http://www.canopyskirts.com/main/Default.asp). My buddy has one. IIRC they're about $1200-$1500 for the longer one as below.

http://www.canopyskirts.com/images/gallery/gallery_pierpleasureC2_full.jpg

stevo137
05-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Wow that yellow isn't very nice looking, neither are the curtains.
I could see it at a marina but would not enjoy looking at that on the lake.

bigmac
05-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Wow that yellow isn't very nice looking, neither are the curtains.
I could see it at a marina but would not enjoy looking at that on the lake.

I know what you mean. I feel the same way about the graphics and colors on some boats ;) .

Look at this gallery. (http://www.canopyskirts.com/gallery/Gallery.asp) I think they can do any color.

RobertT
05-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Its certainly not ideal, but they do work great. the way I look at it, with the canopy skirts all down it looks much cleaner than a boat with boards, skis, and crap laying all over it.

Most importantly, I can keep the boat uncovered to dry out. We use it pretty much every day, and I like to open the rear hatch and slide the rear seat up 2" so it all dries out. I also keep my boards/jackets/everything in the boat. Security is an issue. With the canopy skirts down you see nothing. Out of sight out of mind.

Also, even in a heavy rain zero gets on/in the boat. We sit down there in the boat all the time when it rains, its pretty cool to sit down there and listen to tunes in the boat while waiting out a shower.

Lastly, my boat is protected from UV rays/sun damage. That is a giant advantage to me, to know that my hull will only be in the sun while we are out boating.

All in all, its a great product that works well, and although not quite pretty the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages for me.

Its worth a look anyway.

http://www.trask.smugmug.com/gallery/773190/1/34221964

PS. That picture is with the rear and side doors up. Needless to say, those lower for full protection.

stevo137
05-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Robert, great looking place!
The curtains look better in natural colors.

sizzler
05-08-2006, 12:56 PM
robert ..that is one sweet set up......i am jealous......i am going to beat myself up for being so inadequate at work......

a dream home :toast:

rabooze
05-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Nice place. Do you have to take a breather after walking down to the dock or back up? That place is up there from the dock!

RobertT
05-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Nice place. Do you have to take a breather after walking down to the dock or back up? That place is up there from the dock!

Thanks guys.

Actually I use a golf cart for just about all of it. The only steps are the ones from the dock to the golf cart turn around.

I am lazy sometimes.

hleepert
05-09-2006, 12:04 PM
My Canopy skirts are being installed this weekend. I'll post pics when complete. No more dropping the tower to install the boat cover!

canopyskirts
05-16-2006, 12:41 AM
My Canopy skirts are being installed this weekend. I'll post pics when complete. No more dropping the tower to install the boat cover!

Hi Robert, bigMac, and hleepert-

Thanks for the kind words about our product. For full disclosure this is Todd Pawlowski...one of the creators of the canopyskirts. I've been reading the forums for awhile and saw some of your posts from last year but didn't respond in fear that some may think I am only here to promote. Not the case at all. I've learned a lot from just reading things and also laughed at some of the random topics. Again...just want to say thanks for mentioning our product.

My dad was in Minnesota and Michigan last week doing some installations. (hleepert was one of them...I'm anxious to see his pics since I was not on the trip.) To be honest the whole wakeboard tower market was not one we initially thought about but so far many of our recent orders have been for customers with wakeboard towers. (Not too many wakeboarders in central Iowa...tough to ski in the corn fields!) We originally offered 52" and 63" panels but then did that special 81" bright Yellow one as BigMac has posted. So this year we officially added 71" and 81" sizes to the mix for more variety. (BigMac...FYI....for a safe estimate the price range is usually between $1200-$1600 for the 52" and 63" panels while the 71"/81" run between $1600-$2000.)

The website photo gallery needs to be updated with several of the new installs but I just need to find time to do it.

I'm glad they are working out for you. Hey Robert...I saw your comments in the Wego kite tube thread...you better just stick to the wakeboarding..."tubing" is for kids. HA!

Todd

bigmac
05-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Hi Robert, bigMac, and hleepert-

Thanks for the kind words about our product. For full disclosure this is Todd Pawlowski...one of the creators of the canopyskirts. I've been reading the forums for awhile and saw some of your posts from last year but didn't respond in fear that some may think I am only here to promote. Not the case at all. I've learned a lot from just reading things and also laughed at some of the random topics. Again...just want to say thanks for mentioning our product.

My dad was in Minnesota and Michigan last week doing some installations. (hleepert was one of them...I'm anxious to see his pics since I was not on the trip.) To be honest the whole wakeboard tower market was not one we initially thought about but so far many of our recent orders have been for customers with wakeboard towers. (Not too many wakeboarders in central Iowa...tough to ski in the corn fields!) We originally offered 52" and 63" panels but then did that special 81" bright Yellow one as BigMac has posted. So this year we officially added 71" and 81" sizes to the mix for more variety. (BigMac...FYI....for a safe estimate the price range is usually between $1200-$1600 for the 52" and 63" panels while the 71"/81" run between $1600-$2000.)

Hey Todd,

Thanks for posting. I live on Serpent Lake and ski with Leo (the yellow skirt) frequently. His canopy skirt is a high quality unit that's very well-made and well designed, IMHO. He certainly has no complaints. When you live on a lake and keep your boat in a lift, convenient access is the goal - you want to just go down to the dock, start up the boat and take off. One wants to try to avoid any additional hassle like putting up the tower or bimini, or removing/installing a cockpit cover. Your canopy skirt certainly works well for that.

I have another buddy just moving here with a 24 foot Four Winns who doesn't want to have to put his bimini down. His lift is on my dock and after he gets his boat here, he may be giving you guys a call after I show him Leo's canopy skirt.

canopyskirts
05-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Hey Todd,

Thanks for posting. I live on Serpent Lake and ski with Leo (the yellow skirt) frequently. His canopy skirt is a high quality unit that's very well-made and well designed, IMHO. He certainly has no complaints. When you live on a lake and keep your boat in a lift, convenient access is the goal - you want to just go down to the dock, start up the boat and take off. One wants to try to avoid any additional hassle like putting up the tower or bimini, or removing/installing a cockpit cover. Your canopy skirt certainly works well for that.

I have another buddy just moving here with a 24 foot Four Winns who doesn't want to have to put his bimini down. His lift is on my dock and after he gets his boat here, he may be giving you guys a call after I show him Leo's canopy skirt.

Glad to hear it is working out well for Leo. Our initial customer install base has been great and certainly these "early adopters" have helped provide feedback to make the product what it is today. I still laugh when I look at our original prototype using a blue tarp and duct tape from Menards.

My dad is usually the one who hits the road to do dealer trainings/installs but if I make it up to the Brainerd area I'll have to give Leo a heads up. Perhaps by then you will have mastered the Wego tube that I believe you have purchased. The wego kite tube has been outlawed at our private lake...but I don't want to hijack this thread topic...I'll post in the other thread.

Thanks again.
Todd