PDA

View Full Version : need some advice...

blackbeauty02
05-07-2006, 01:29 PM
...so i just purchased me my first boat. It's a 92 Prostar 205 I bought from a friend for $11500. It's got a monster tower, two racks, tower speakers, two fat sacks and pump, interior just redone in ostrich skin print leather, and about 750-800 hours on it. I'm pretty sure I got a good deal from what I looked at other boats for. Well I took it out last week for the first time with my friends and we had it out for about an hour and the transmission started slipping like in a car. The prop would kick in and stop and kick in. We luckily got it out of the water after it had completely stopped. We checked the transmission and the fluid is pink (instead of red) and the next morning when I took it to the shop there was a transmission fluid all over my driveway. The shop is gonna call me on monday and let me know what it is and how much. It shouldn't be that expensive to fix will it? I was thinking it's just a seal. Have you guys ever had this problem?

bigmac
05-07-2006, 01:57 PM
...We checked the transmission and the fluid is pink (instead of red) and the next morning when I took it to the shop there was a transmission fluid all over my driveway. The shop is gonna call me on monday and let me know what it is and how much. It shouldn't be that expensive to fix will it? I was thinking it's just a seal. Have you guys ever had this problem?

Reminds me of this video clip... (http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/384.html)

But seriously, I guess a transmission seal is the most likely culprit. Try looking at the threads in this search (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/search.php?searchid=399832)

east tx skier
05-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Hate that you had trouble on your first outing. You got any pictures of the interior. Haven't heard of anything similar on year before.

Ric
05-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Welcome Black Beauty!

6ballsisall
05-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Lets see some interior pics! I am dying to see the ostrich print interior! :banana:

Ric
05-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Lets see some interior pics! I am dying to see the ostrich print interior! :banana:
ahem, jr, that's ostrich print leather... Get it right man!

6ballsisall
05-08-2006, 11:21 AM
ahem, jr, that's ostrich print leather... Get it right man!

My Bad!! :friday:

Hoff1
05-08-2006, 12:28 PM
I had similar symptoms with the pink fluid and slipping back in 2001. I changed the fluid and all was better. Mine was low on fluid and also I believe it had some water in there which is what turned it pink. Been running like a champ since. Hopefully that's your problem.

Ric
05-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Welcome Black Beauty!

bumping your transmission problem post for you there beauty... Someone on here can definitely help. Mostly good people here...